• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

All in one gear bag

beb0541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
South Florida
Gents,

I am looking for some help. I want a pack / duffel bag that I can put ammo, mags, tripod, spotting scope, binos, paperwork, range tools, a pistol and other miscellaneous items into and keep them all neat, readily accessable, and most importantly organized. I know this sounds like an impossible ask but I am sure there has to be some products out there that meet this description. I am thinking almost along the lines of a pack that contains a roll out toolkit style system with molle webbing all over it for gear attachment and lots of compartments / zippered pockets. Basically, a bag I can pick up, count on, and just GO!. It would be awesome if I could attach the rifle to the outside but that is not a deal breaker. Any insight / feedback / recommendations would be tremendously appreciated!

Cheers,
Clark

Clark

If you are looking into something like a backpack, check out KUIU, Kifaru and Mystery Ranch; great gear. Eberlestock would be another possible option too.

Eberlestock

Look at the Phantom or larger and you will have all the space and carry ability you can ever want.

HOLY EXPENSIVE! Like they say, "You get what you pay for" though. Thanks for the feedback gents.

Cheers.
Clark

I have been using the RE Factor Tactical ASO bag for the past several months. I can fit a plate carrier with hydration, a ballistic helmet and a broken down AR platform inside. It is low profile on the outside but all business on the inside. There is a RFID proof passport pocket on one end.

There is a "Fight Pocket" on the other that has molle velcro to accept mag pouches. You can put bandages, TQ etc on the inside. I put a TQ, OLAES bandage, a M4 mag, and some Glock mags in that pouch. When it rides in the backseat, I face that pocket towards the rear passenger door.

The zippered flap interior opening to the bag is a u shape, allowing access to the whole bag. More molle velcro and zippered mesh pockets. The bottom is waterproof for a few inches all around. You can hand carry as a duffel, or wear it as a backpack. And you can stow the straps in the side pocket.

I've used it at work for a deployment bag, as a range bag, and as a carry-on for a airline trip. Just make sure you empty it of ammo and mags.

I like it so much that I plan to get another for dedicated range use in one of the camo colors. My Maxpedition compact range bag is stuffed already with just pistol gear. Like you, I like having all my rifle gear in one spot so I don't have to hunt for things.

If you're mil or LE they cut you a discount if you email them.

Advanced Special Operations (ASO) Bag - RE Factor Tactical

Innovative Shooting Concepts: ASO Bag by RE Factor Tactical

Yeah. If you don't wanna spend money on the top line ones go to a surplus store, gun show, or such and get one of the cheap 3 day bags. Like condor or something nmayne 50$ and its as big ir bigger than the eberlestock/Mr but yij won't want to tote it full a long ways. But will be great for range stuff

I would just look into a decent 3 day pack. For what it's worth, I had a 511 pack, the shoulder straps pulled away from the attachment point at the body. There was no attachment other than a row of stitching. Good packs will extend the shoulder strapping into the body. Maybe had a 25 pound load on it. Of course I also ripped the lower moller straps on the Eberlestock GSII as well-those where single layer sewn and not completely through the flap. Had them done right at a local shop. While I still have the GSII I picked up the Metcalf from Mystery Ranch and a box of tissue's

Have been using (at least twice weekly range trips) a .511 Rush 24 for two years now that is loaded to the gills.
Has held up well except for one little thing (which I hate to admit to). We were at the range one day and was using the pack as front support for an AR. Didn't realize it had crept forward till my 12 year old asked why I was shooting the pack.
It now sports a nice little hole...but I guess I can't blame that on .511!!

I have an eberlestock gunslinger 2 and a buddy runs a g4 operator. Would highly recommend the G4. It carries your weapon, has multiple handles for when it's not on your back, and lots of strage / organization. We've used both packs for range duty, as well as patrolling and have functioned flawlessly when loaded with a long gun.

Only hang up is when the gun sleeve is empty the pack shifts a little during movement.

Here is a brief review and some good pics posted by someone else on the interweb.

Eberlestock G4 Operator Review - Spider Hole Military Gear Reviews