• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

All new TRG

Re: All new TRG

But I´m sure you have some inside info
wink.gif

Not really...just some 3rd or 4th hand rumours from US side of atlantic ocean.
But if i guess some technical features right, it'll be a seller.

Now I can deal with a smoking chick that is a cock tease but this shit is just wrong...5 damn night of "what this could be" wet derams!

God damn it, I hope it isn't TOO awesome, because I have a hard time not buying awesome guns.

I heard about some exciting new TRG projects....not sure if this is one of them.
Pretty sure it has more rail than Burlington Northern/Sante Fe.

I sure hope they extended the SA to accept longer OAL SA cartridges as well as the short LA ones!
Maybe switch barrel/mag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If so, I'm all over it with a .243 build!

I'm cautiously excited. I hope they don't go apeshit with rails!

We'll see.

-John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g3ninfinite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No idea why but I envision a Saber Forsst Chassis in that darkness. </div></div>

That butt stock looks just like the TRG in a Saber I have sitting in my desk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g3ninfinite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No idea why but I envision a Saber Forsst Chassis in that darkness. </div></div>

That butt stock looks just like the TRG in a Saber I have sitting in my desk. </div></div>

Also the fore-end is saber looking.

Thinkin Sako teamed up with Savage to make the TRG betterer. An informant at the highest level told me that they will have the "nut" on em. Only time will tell..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g3ninfinite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No idea why but I envision a Saber Forsst Chassis in that darkness.</div></div>

Oh God, no!

Rumors include:
Longer SA for longer bullets.
Longer LA for same reason.
Longer magazines for same reason.
Rail kits out the ying yang.
A broader range of just as, if not more, expensive accesories.
More Calibers, no info on which ones, but they are to be twisted for heavy bullets.
And last, but not least, switch barrel kits.
No info on the Saber chasis, but I would think not.

R.

One things certian, it will cost more!
I hope they can keep the trigger group from going down in a major match. I love mine but it has failed twice in big matches, that cost a lot to get in and travel to, and both times Beretta said "yeah its down but we fixed it". While it is my most favorite 308, not sure it will make the travel team anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shit, I just bought my second "old style" TRG, now I'll have to save for a new one.
Oh well, its only money, and God knows that the stock market isn't doing anything.
SScott </div></div>

I feel ya, just got my first TRG 2 weeks ago.

A end user switch barrel setup would be cool, but I hope they done get stupid w/ the rails. Its going to be hard to improve on the current rifle, Ill bet it will not be a improvement just a bit different.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God damn it, I hope it isn't TOO awesome, because I have a hard time not buying awesome guns. </div></div>

+1. I really don't need a third TRG. As I sit here waiting for my SABER FORSST chassis for my 42.

Could they be offering higher capacity mags for the TRG42 Cal's? Could be interesting.

From the consensus here, you either like the TRG or love them. I am glad Sako is updating the rifle though, that way current non TRG shooters may be lured into this direction.
I also think that Beretta needs to get someone on board with their company that can better Rep the TRG line from sales to maintenace in the US.
SScott

I am supper excited to see what they have in store. I am hoping it is a new stock, I like the existing one just fine, yet I think the new AICS looks bloody slick!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 71firebird400</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It'd be great if they did something to improve the ejection. </div></div>

Interesting. Whats the problem? After thousands of shots, never had single issue with 42 ejection.

With the 22s, if you cycle the bolt slowly, the case can stay in the action. I am thinking the port is too small for the action. But then again that adds to the stiffness to it as well.

When/where are they revealing this? I don't see a countdown or anything on their site.

yeah and that´s too bad, cause from what I´ve heard the new TRG is gonna be KICK-ASS!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just noted in lower left of link " for military and LEO only". So much for that. </div></div>

for now,

nothing controversial about a bolt rifle so it will be out, my guess is an evolution toward the AI AX

yeah they just added the "mil/LE only" line in there.

Our Sako contact says they've been inundated with calls and of course people are frustrated. The PSR solicitation is a pretty big deal so I can understand their focus on that right now.

Besides, what are they really going to be able to do besides add a barrel change feature, add rails, and jack up the price. The TRG is dang good as is (though not perfect).
Justin

I've seen a picture, maybe a prototype so I am not sure it will be the production model. Essentialy the old TRG adapted to meet PSR demands. Kind of ressembles a Draganov with a little imagination
smile.gif
Rail forend ofcourse, barrel swap system as per PSR, etc etc.

I saw the mil/LEO only , and not impressed with that comment or attitude .

Some times changes are not for the better , I like the old TRG-42 alot , and the OLD model ( wide ) bipod , I donot like the newer NARROW bipod at all , so some times change is for the worse .

I hope they will still make the older model , but some how I think they will NOT .

Later Chris

If it's marked for mil/LE, I am willing to bet it has a folding stock of some sort.