• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

All new TRG

Re: All new TRG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flying Dutchman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
url]
</div></div>
????

Hmmm. Not sure on that one. Looks front heavy and I've never cared for their folder. Might look good with the KRG buttstock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm. Not sure on that one. Looks front heavy and I've never cared for their folder. Might look good with the KRG buttstock. </div></div>

Im not saying that's what's about to be released. But surely those units in the photos gotta be pretty close.

well , the counter at the website has stopped , and thats IT , donot seem to click on the NEW TRG page , ie dosnot work .

It still shows 15 hours and change on my computer. Is the date/time on your system setup correctly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BapZander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The time is in finland, so it's in mils, just need to convert to moa. </div></div>

That's good!
laugh.gif

Well I pressed every tab and no new pics of the TRG.

Good marketing ploy, get everyone hyped up with a count down.
I would love to know how many hits they got on there sight, especially with one minute left. LOL

From the beretta defense site

M10-front-page-launch.jpg

some half arsed google translation

he Sako has, at the 2011 DSEi exhibition in London, the new series of sniper rifles M10 Trg, 22 years after the introduction of the Trg 21. The stock modular, hand in hand with the achievements Msr Remington, Barrett Mrad and Fn Ballista is made of light alloy. The sizes available will be .308 Winchester, .300 Winchester Magnum and .338 Lapua magnum. The blade of football, as well as fully adjustable, even trucks, mechanics bolt-action is modified from the previous series. Integrated in the stem there is a circular section rod avvogente the barrel, with slots for the insertion of portions of the profile rail and the barrel is a new design.
The barrel lengths vary between 510 and 690 mm, weights ranging between 4,500 and 6,000 grams, depending on configurations and sizes. Destined, for now, only the military and police

cool...but these new tube type guns are all looking the same. wonder how much the price jumped? with the price of the current trg folder, i wouldnt be surprised if its more than the ax.

It does look very nice. I think Im sticking with my TRG 22 for now (if I had a choice). That was about what I was expecting, just would like to know about this "new" barrel design.

I mean I think it is cool looking, just doesn't really look TRGish to me. Looks similar to the other PSR entries, MSR/AX/etc., but with the TRG folder on it.

What is with the raised barrel areas on the portion by the forearm opening? Something to grip while changing the barrels?

I like it....

The ML/LEO only thing is stupid...don't they know us Americans have Credit Cards to over charge and go into dept on...what the hell.

Looks like a Barrett.

Put a Remington in an FDE XLR chasis system and you will have a twin...kinda.

'Mil only' I can relate to, but if they sell to LE there is no chance in hell there wont be 'spill' to civvies as well I'm thinking.. LE/MIL only is only a marketing thing...

I love my TRG-22 but these pictures don't inspire me to want to save up for the new one. I think I would rather save my pennies and get a G.A.P 10.

It looks like the TRG lost it's identity, but on the bright side it looks like a different mag, and wearing a Harris bipod, for those of you that thought that the accessories were too expensive, the mags just might be cheaper. LOL
I really don't like the full lenght Pic rail across the bottom, now you will have to spend more money buying rail covers.
SScott

To me, the rail system system and fore-end looks almost like an AX.

As someone has said, its a PSR entry. Ultimately all the entries are going to look very similar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As someone has said, its a PSR entry. Ultimately all the entries are going to look very similar. </div></div>

Sounds like there are some pluses and minuses to that.

*Shrugs*

I like the AI, I like the barret, and the Ashbury has grown on me.

Doesn't matter who wins, our boys are going to be rocking some good shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so how do you get, or make, a TRG in 6.5x55 Swede or .284 Winchester?</div></div>

My TRG-42 is .284Win, and it's super easy. Just get a .473" bolt body from a TRG-S and have a smith spin up a 7mm barrel chambered in .284Win. As I found at the match this past weekend the .284 being shorter than the .300WM my mags were intended to feed can cause them to go tip-down sometimes and it takes a second to fix, but I'm working on some spacers for the mags to solve that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so how do you get, or make, a TRG in 6.5x55 Swede or .284 Winchester?</div></div>

My TRG-42 is .284Win, and it's super easy. Just get a .473" bolt body from a TRG-S and have a smith spin up a 7mm barrel chambered in .284Win. As I found at the match this past weekend the .284 being shorter than the .300WM my mags were intended to feed can cause them to go tip-down sometimes and it takes a second to fix, but I'm working on some spacers for the mags to solve that. </div></div>
the bolt length is going to be correct on the TRG-S being used on a TRG-42?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so how do you get, or make, a TRG in 6.5x55 Swede or .284 Winchester?</div></div>

My TRG-42 is .284Win, and it's super easy. Just get a .473" bolt body from a TRG-S and have a smith spin up a 7mm barrel chambered in .284Win. As I found at the match this past weekend the .284 being shorter than the .300WM my mags were intended to feed can cause them to go tip-down sometimes and it takes a second to fix, but I'm working on some spacers for the mags to solve that. </div></div>
the bolt length is going to be correct on the TRG-S being used on a TRG-42?</div></div>

Yes. The bolt is a direct drop in for the TRG-42 bolt, it uses all the same parts too. The bolt parts kit (ejector, extractor, etc...) is backordered, so when I got my TRG-S bolt body we just swapped all my existing bolt parts (literally everything but the bolt body itself) over from my TRG-42 bolt and it works perfectly.

I have noted the polymer magazines and am hoping they fit the "civy" TRG 22 and are cheaper. Not holding my breath on that one......

Since everyone else seems to be so lukewarm about it, I'd like to be the first to say "I like it a LOT!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since everyone else seems to be so lukewarm about it, I'd like to be the first to say "I like it a LOT!" </div></div>

You were?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USW.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it....

The ML/LEO only thing is stupid...don't they know us Americans have Credit Cards to over charge and go into dept on...what the hell.

Looks like a Barrett.

Put a Remington in an FDE XLR chasis system and you will have a twin...kinda. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who's taking pre-orders?
smile.gif
</div></div>

I wish I could say the same as you bm11. It appears they mated a TRG folder with an MRAD and an AX and MSR. I'm not so sure that the PSR solicitation has produced better rifles.

I would like to see some of the technical aspects like the action design and the barrel swap details. They could be intriguing.

As it stand now, having converted to being an unwashed civilian, I don't really have a need for a height over bore of 5" (exaggeration) for my optic just to accomodate a full length 12 oclock pic rail.

I am all for polymer mags however, as long as they're inexpensive. All in all I'd like to get behind one for sure. I'm just hoping our TRG folder will fit this new one too.
Justin
P.S. No we did not design that stock but we reserve the right in the future to claim that any well liked feature of the rifle was a copy of something that we did/do, haha.

Available to LEO and Military only at the time of release. The rest of us maybe later. This is according to their largest domestic dealer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am all for polymer mags however, as long as they're inexpensive.</div></div>

LOL umm...you know it is a Sako right? Their mags and inexpensive have, sadly, never been introduced to one another! Even sadder then that is I would probably buy them regardless....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SJshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a KRG Whiskey 3 chassis? Looks alot like one. Looks like the Barrett MRAD and xm2010 too. </div></div>

Doesn't look anything like the KRG offering (I like both looks). Very Barrett/MRAD looking with Sako styled rear folder.

Looks great!

The MIL/LE restriction is ridiculous though.

Any idea on price?

We are having trouble getting the older TRG's here in Europe.
due to the Mil-LE thing. in some european countries there is such thing as a list of weapons of war, get a firearm on that list and it becomes difficult to sell it to civies. i can follow that if we are talking about semi-full auto capability, but when it comes to a bolt action i find it bullshit.
The problem is in the mind of officials and politicians and some senoir police officers, who see a "tactical" bolt action rifle as been something akin to the Iraqui super gun, or WMD. never having been near a rifle bieng fired they fear the long range capability and "ninja" style killing such a rifle apparently brings.
Not understanding that a capable rifleman will, if nessecary shoot your lights out at very extended ranges with a half decent hunting rifle.

Im am 2 or even 4 minds on the latest craze of "modern" sniper rifles.

1. They are all too damn heavy. often designed by people who have never actualy used such a rifle in anger, or actualy been anyhwhere near shots bieng fired back at you.
2. All the multi quick adjustable bells and whistles are something between a gimick and a luxury.
3.does one actualy need a full length picatinny rail from rear of action to the end of the stock ?
4. many of these modern type's have so many sharp edges and bits sticking out that you end up with bruises and cuts that can actualy reduce your effectiveness in a long term battlefield sitaution,they are simply uncomfortable to use constantly in a field situation not to mention having you caught up in your Ghillie suit or cammo netting like a haddock in a fishing net.

There are reasons that the half dozen most popular and usable sniper rifles over the last 20 years where so successfull. I just wonder if the progression has gone too far, as it seems to be bieng driven by what some concieve as bieng desirable, but this isnt nesseceraly what the guys on the ground want and need.

Having said all that, there is no denying that the things look damn good, Tacticool is in. and yes i do like the look of the new TRG, an the others like the AX.
So i think we will see more and more multi adjustable, picatinny on everything stocked sniper rifles over then next few years.
Personaly i want everything I need on a rifle, i dont want anything on it i don't need. i want to be able to adjust it to fit me and then clock it down so it doesnt self adjust. I dont want it too heavy or to long.I want it to comfortably fit my body and dont want to be covered in bruises and grazed knuckes every time i use the thing, appearance and tacticool butchness come a long way down the list of priorities..
Having said that, if a rifle lokks right, from an ergonomic point of view, then generaly it is right.
i just wonder though where the line between tactical necessity and tacticool is actualy drawn.

Pete