• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

All Sniper's Hide 260 build

hombre

Team S.W.A.G
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
ga, jackson lake
It has begun, I have been burning up the computor finding pieces and parts. It has been about three weeks getting all the parts and pieces. Monday it will all be dropped off to Jered at APA to be built. Everything has come off the classifieds or from Sponsors. Here is what I have so far.

APA to do the smith work
Defiance action
Huber group buy on their 2 stage trigger
Jw precision McMillan ADJ. A-5
Broughton 1-8tw 7.2 contour finnish aroud 23 1/2
R&D Bottom metal
Lapua Brass 260
Redding Type S 3 die set
Badger med rings
2 Morta mags

Now I have to figure out what bullet and powder. Starting out with 140vlds and 139 scenar. Can anybody help me with what bushings to get for my dies. Its going to be Bada$$ and can't wait to get it finished. Let me know what ya think.

Re: All Sniper's Hide 260 build

my consulting fees have changed somewhat lately.......i need some Texas bourbon.....

I Have scoured all The load data front to back. I might check out some 123 as well. I have heard laser accuracy out of them as well. I have all the diffrent powders out to try. Now I have to get a couple of diffrent heads to get this thing load tested as soon as it gets back from APA. Oh, this is going to be a brutal wait.

I wouldn't rule out the berger 130 vld. Bushing wise get .287,.288,.289,.290 to start with and depending on neck thickness one of those should work. As far as powder I have had good results with h4350.

btw- mine likes them .010 off the lands
Rthur

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango__Down</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome cartridge and good selection of parts. What made you choose apa? </div></div>

They are one of the best builders in the nation with great custmer service. There isn't anything out there they can't do for me. Oh yea, I dropped all the parts off this afternoon to Mark who is awesome. I have to now play the waiting game wich sucks. One for the record, Mark is the man! and thanks too Jered.

I like H4350. I tried 139 Scenars, 140 VLD and 142 SMK. Hands down the SMK preformed best in my rifle. Try them all and see what happens.

Cool I am starting the journey for a 260 with a 700 action.
as all I have so far is the action with a 22-250 barrel.

I am leaning real hard to the JP MR receiver stock that comes with two mags

I am not decided on a rifle builder in the San Antonio area
thinking let the builder guide me on the barrel make

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hombre</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Oh, this is going to be a brutal wait. </div></div>

The wait will be brutal but when you get your rifle back you will definitly say it was worth the wait.

Mac

Hombre,
Congrats on the 260!! I love mine. I went with a 22" Obermeyer with the 5r in 8.75tw. I was scared of the twist, but figured WTF I will give it a shot, it worked. Stable to 1 mile.

My load (I almost hate to post it, because the lashing I get for it being hot) is h4350 at 43.5gr. My SD was beyond my standard with BR2 primers, so I backed it down a bit and stuck Rem 9 1/2M primers in it, worked it back up and maintain single digit SD's now. I am pushing the 140 AMAX's at 2825fps loaded at .010" off the lands. That was my sweet spot, I tried .005", .010", and .015".

I thought my load was really really hot, I was blowing out primer pockets in 1 firing with the Remington 260 brass, then I swithched to Win 7-08 and I am on the 6 reload with full length sizing. I think 6 is where I am going to stop here though because the necks are getting a little stiff.

I tried RL17-great velocities and accuracy, but the temp flucuations scared me away.
and Hybrid 100V also-this shit was amazing, I could only get about 90% case fill and scary velocities. I like to fill my cases all the way (just feel a little crunch at seating depth, that way there is no dead air).
I also tried Short Cut powder that alot of people have luck with, but filled to ALOT of powder crunch, I just couldn't get the velocity I was looking for.

Hope this helps.

I have some Hybrid 100v powder I was looking at some of the numbers on and was wondering how it would do. I ran it in a 300wsm and was amazing as well. I would love to know what you got out of it.

Here's mine

IMG_0423.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Specs:</span>
Gunsmith: American Precision Arms
260 Rem
AICS 2.0
Surgeon 591
Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24x 50mm
A.R.M.S. #22 medium height 30mm QD rings.
Atlas Bipod BT10
Broughton 7.1 contour 21.5" length, 1:8 twist.

Favorite Load
140 gr A-Max 46.0 H4831sc, 0.010" off lands
Groups: 1.25" @ 600 yards