• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Allah Is pissed...

It's interesting that most of these videos seem to be of buildings collapsing in the aftermath, that or they have some incredible image stabilization capabilities in their phones. I don't think I've seen one yet that was from when the quake was happening -- not that I've seen a ton or researched, just interesting that so much of this is after.

Who TF is still in one of those things after a quake like that?

I’ve spent a lot of time throughout Turkey. Many good friends there. Was in Istanbul 15-ish years ago when a monster hit while everyone was asleep. We slept outside for a couple of days until the all clear was given. Hundreds died. Maybe into the thousands.

ETA: Guess it was 1999, so 24 years. Getting old I guess. Google says 17,000 people died.

aloha snackbar!

what do you get when you have no building standards and use cheap labor?
I watched them building a highrise on the beach in Mexico using beach sand for the concrete. Any idea what salt does to concrete and even the steel in it (if there was any)?

It's interesting that most of these videos seem to be of buildings collapsing in the aftermath, that or they have some incredible image stabilization capabilities in their phones. I don't think I've seen one yet that was from when the quake was happening -- not that I've seen a ton or researched, just interesting that so much of this is after.

Who TF is still in one of those things after a quake like that?
noticed the same thing. in some cases, it seems like they know it is coming down and there is no shaking.

Reactions: Snipe260 and Gommer
Most construction in 3rd world countries uses about $43 dollars in rebar for every 1000 tons of cement. It is honestly surprising so many buildings stayed up. Most construction is not much better than a pile of rocks.
yeah, i am curious to know how old these building are...and i would guess the contractors are hiding or long gone..

FoTdd5vXwAAYEIv

• Wow
Reactions: Salad_shooter
The important question is… did Hagia Sofia survive?

They will breed more abba dabbas.

But that building is an architectural treasure.

Sirhr
yeah, I'm still pretty pissed about that being converted into a mosque. Mehmet was a cunt. They say the original building was consecrated in the mid 4th century AD.

yeah, I'm still pretty pissed about that being converted into a mosque. Mehmet was a cunt. They say the original building was consecrated in the mid 4th century AD.
Its the Muslim pattern to build mosques in places that others valued. Especially if the Muslims destroyed the original structure(s). Most might not remember, the Muslims wanting to build a mosque very close to the ruins of the World Trade Center. A pattern oft repeated. Their way of adding insult to injury, or to say it another way, the Nation of Islam can be a nasty sect.

And this is the very reason, the United States of America has risen above other nations, risen above history. Rarely if ever, has a nation been so magnanimous in victory, showing mercy, not vengeance to the vanquished, This is why we are better, why we stand out.

All this preachin aside, The situation in Turkey is very sad and one wishes the best for the survivors and mercy for those who haven’t.

Its the Muslim pattern to build mosques in places that others valued. Especially if the Muslims destroyed the original structure(s). Most might not remember, the Muslims wanting to build a mosque very close to the ruins of the World Trade Center. A pattern oft repeated. Their way of adding insult to injury, or to say it another way, the Nation of Islam can be a nasty sect.

And this is the very reason, the United States of America has risen above other nations, risen above history. Rarely if ever, has a nation been so magnanimous in victory, showing mercy, not vengeance to the vanquished, This is why we are better, why we stand out.

All this preachin aside, The situation in Turkey is very sad and one wishes the best for the survivors and mercy for those who haven’t.

^^^ And why they hate us and want to destroy us. The last thing zealots want is a nation that is inclusive and tolerant. And despite what the wokies say, we are all of the above.

Sirhr

yeah, i am curious to know how old these building are...and i would guess the contractors are hiding or long gone..

1675780841898.png

1675780868428.png

1675780912342.png

I promise you the contractors are still there and will rebuild this crap in a few years. The buildings are typically poor quality concrete with crappy hollow terra cota block. It is post and lintel construction as they did 3,000 years ago, if they use rebar it is to connect the corners with little or no rebar in the posts vertically. From what I have seen, they will have 2 or 4 sticks of 1/4" rebar vertically, most of the time they are not tied together in any way and when you reach the joint between the floor and the next vertical column they will have a connection of heavier rebar that makes you think that is what the entire building looks like.

It will be tied to an absolute minimum of 1/4" rebar to reach the next corner. None of the vertical columns will have enough rebar to make them strong enough to support anything under anything other than a straight vertical compression load. The open spaces are filled in with block and about 1/3rd of the amount of mortar a skilled mason would use. If you want cheap, they go cheap and the mortar could be a mixture of sand, egg yokes and dirt from a pile on the job site.

This entire mess is then covered with stucco to hide the shitty condition and people live in it. One good earthquake or a heavy snow and this crap falls over or collapses. This shitty construction is very common outside of northern Europe, Canada, Japan and America. Most places in the world are corrupt as hell and everyone will take a bribe or look the other way on almost any construction job.

View attachment 8069214

View attachment 8069215

View attachment 8069216

I promise you the contractors are still there and will rebuild this crap in a few years. The buildings are typically poor quality concrete with crappy hollow terra cota block. It is post and lintel construction as they did 3,000 years ago, if they use rebar it is to connect the corners with little or no rebar in the posts vertically. From what I have seen, they will have 2 or 4 sticks of 1/4" rebar vertically, most of the time they are not tied together in any way and when you reach the joint between the floor and the next vertical column they will have a connection of heavier rebar that makes you think that is what the entire building looks like.

It will be tied to an absolute minimum of 1/4" rebar to reach the next corner. None of the vertical columns will have enough rebar to make them strong enough to support anything under anything other than a straight vertical compression load. The open spaces are filled in with block and about 1/3rd of the amount of mortar a skilled mason would use. If you want cheap, they go cheap and the mortar could be a mixture of sand, egg yokes and dirt from a pile on the job site.

This entire mess is then covered with stucco to hide the shitty condition and people live in it. One good earthquake or a heavy snow and this crap falls over or collapses. This shitty construction is very common outside of northern Europe, Canada, Japan and America. Most places in the world are corrupt as hell and everyone will take a bribe or look the other way on almost any construction job.
Very true. Still nuts watching it all come down. Hopefully they learn something from it.

The overambitious Ottoman grand vizier Kara Mustafa Pasha intended to turn every church from Vienna to Rome into mosques in 1683, and then try to go as far as Paris if he still had enough steam. But the Polish Hussars outside the walls of Vienna and on top of the Kahlenburg mountain next to the city said "Nah, not today bruh"...

The overambitious Ottoman grand vizier Kara Mustafa Pasha intended to turn every church from Vienna to Rome into mosques in 1683, and then try to go as far as Paris if he still had enough steam. But the Polish Hussars outside the walls of Vienna and on top of the Kahlenburg mountain next to the city said "Nah, not today bruh"...
IIRC, there was a baker who heard them trying to tunnel under the walls and raised the alarm?

Is that the same attack?

Cheers,

Sirhr

• Wow
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
IIRC, there was a baker who heard them trying to tunnel under the walls and raised the alarm?

Is that the same attack?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Yep it is. Some variations of the story is that it was the second phase of the assault after the initial cannon bombardment and volley fire from the Janissary arquebusiers failed to soften up the walls and the penal conscripts they forced to try to scale the wall with ladders were beaten back. The second phase had sappers dig two tunnels under the wall, fill them with barrels of gunpowder and then blast simultaneously so the middle portion would collapse, opening a 20 yard gap allowing the entire army including cavalry to just gallop in. But the baker turned soldier who was leading a team of militiamen in an accessway opened up a barrel of wine they found in one of the service shafts that was also used as a wine storage warehouse, and observed the surface of the still liquid for hours. When ripples started forming due to the vibration of the activity of the Turkish sappers, the militiamen were able to plot out just where the enemy tunnels were being dug, and the rest of the Hapsburg soldiers counter-tunnelled, broke through to the Turkish tunnel, and drove the sappers back out via sword, pike, and pistol fighting in close quarters underground. The barrels of powder that was already rolled were not ignited, and became part of the Hapsburg artillery arsenal.

Then Pasha went home and got strangled.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country

Yep it is. Some variations of the story is that it was the second phase of the assault after the initial cannon bombardment and volley fire from the Janissary arquebusiers failed to soften up the walls and the penal conscripts they forced to try to scale the wall with ladders were beaten back. The second phase had sappers dig two tunnels under the wall, fill them with barrels of gunpowder and then blast simultaneously so the middle portion would collapse, opening a 20 yard gap allowing the entire army including cavalry to just gallop in. But the baker turned soldier who was leading a team of militiamen in an accessway opened up a barrel of wine they found in one of the service shafts that was also used as a wine storage warehouse, and observed the surface of the still liquid for hours. When ripples started forming due to the vibration of the activity of the Turkish sappers, the militiamen were able to plot out just where the enemy tunnels were being dug, and the rest of the Hapsburg soldiers counter-tunnelled, broke through to the Turkish tunnel, and drove the sappers back out via sword, pike, and pistol fighting in close quarters underground. The barrels of powder that was already rolled were not ignited, and became part of the Hapsburg artillery arsenal.
Love when people know an check history .
If it weren't for the Poles there would be an Aloha Snackbar on every corner in Europe . Hell Merica if it ever happened would be wearing robes & poking goats .
Seriously though . I'm very intrigued by the eastern European and Middle Eastern history . All is not as it seems .

11,800 dead is what I saw on tv at a restaurant today. Btw the history lesson above was pretty interesting.

Apparently China thinks we should lift sanctions on Syria and we are making it worse...

https://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202302/09/WS63e43428a31057c47ebadbbb.html

EXERT FROM ABOVE-US Department of State spokesman Ned Price, however, suggested on the same day that the US, which is providing "humanitarian assistance to partners on the ground", will not reach out to the Syrian government.

The earthquakes have left Syria, which has suffered war and turmoil for years, in a serious humanitarian crisis, Mao said on Wednesday, adding that the US is worsening the crisis.

Through its long-term involvement in the Syrian crisis, including frequent military interventions and harsh economic sanctions, the US has caused a large number of civilian casualties in a country where the people find it hard to access basic sustenance, she said.

The US military is still occupying Syria's main oil-producing area, has plundered more than 80 percent of the Middle Eastern country's oil output and smuggled or destroyed its food resources, according to Mao. She urged the US to give up its "geopolitical obsession" and help with disaster relief efforts in Syria.

The United Nations and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies have called for emergency aid to disaster-stricken people in Syria following the earthquakes.

Last edited: