• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alpha Dasher Brass

HKpirate

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2013
Chardon,Ohio
southingtonhuntclub.com
As some of you know, there is a company called Alpha Munitions. They are producing some amazing brass that is extremely consistent, I would put it on par with Lapua, but you are getting brass that is in ammo boxes and not all dinged up from the factory.

There has been some small conversation about them bringing Dasher brass to the market. There is a lot that goes into setting up new tooling, and getting a brand new case onto the line. The goal would be to follow the existing dasher chamber specs (avoiding what happened with the norma offering). I am trying to get this out as a way to test the waters and see how many people would be willing to A) get into a dasher with great brass available and no fire forming needed. B) Would consider making the switch from their current brass for what would be hopefully a more consistent brass offering.

I will be emailing them a link to this thread to watch, so post below or email them to let them know this is something that you would want.

Please send messages to Alpha to let them know of your interest in 6 Dasher brass. I have already hit them up on both Facebook and through their website.

I have been forming 6 Competition Match brass from their 260 brass and it’s shot better than anything I shot in my first barrel. Definitely high quality brass.

I'm interested as well. I have about 500 of their 6.5 Creedmoor brass and it's been excellent

While my formed Lapua brass is great, assuming quality, dimensions, and cost were comparable to Lapua, I'd switch to avoid forming. In addition, there has been a decided lack of Lapua 6BR cases on store shelves...

I've got my fingers crossed that Alpha pulls the trigger.

Already commented on FB; but, there is a HUGE market for 6 dasher. Without a doubt the fastest growing caliber over the last 1.5 years amongst the tactical circuit. I can guarantee after factoring in the cost of fireforming (which includes barrel life, powder, projectiles no matter how cheap, TIME to do it) and hydroforming all of which end up costing $1.50 per round or more (if your fireforming it b/c it takes time and barrel life), dasher brass can easily be sold for $1.00-1.10 shipped, and people will buy it like crazy.... CRAZY!

I know what some are thinking, "why not just make 6BR brass, then everyone can use it to fireform into 6BRX or 6 dasher". Ruins the point.... 6 dasher direct brass would be bigger than the 6.5CM lapua brass release which really wasn't that popular of a release once released b/c it was and still is super expensive. On top of that 6.5 CM isn't a growing caliber, it's become as rudimentary and basic as 308 is. 6 dasher is the future, and will always be the future. 6 Dasher didn't drop off like 6XC, 6.5 addiction, even 6BRX did in popularity (no offense to those calibers, I got a 6XC in two rifles). It just continues to grow and grow and grow. Seriously it's not stopping....

My suggestion (aside from what HKpirate said), keep it small primered, us long distance shooters are a bunch of voodoo superstitious bunch, and changing too many things like the concept of a small rifle primer may make us skeptics. Don't long neck it like Norma brass did (stupid...). Please consider keeping the brass close to the most common 6 dasher chamberings... b/c most of us probably would not just get another barrel chambered from Lapua Dasher to Alpha Dasher if it means we have to spend $800 to do so. I would gladly send Alpha fireformed brass and reamer specs from my 4 Lapua 6 dashers (all different gunsmiths).

6 Dasher please, and dominate the 6BR brass market. Lapua will guarantee see a drop in sales for 6BR brass (which is on shortage b/c everyone wants to fireform it into dasher!!!!).

Not that it matters but I do have 4 dashers :)

Last edited:
To build on the above comment, when it comes to tooling I have thrown out Josh Kunz name from patriot valley arms as a point of contact, since A Josh is a gift to our sport, B we want the prints and tooling to mirror that of fire formed lapua brass, and keep and hopefully keep the same internal case capacity.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I emailed them but it appears as though they are coming out with 6 Creed here soon. It seems to me like there would be more demand for dasher brass over 6 Creed.

Building my 2018 PRS rig in coming weeks, going 6 creed so I can continue using Alpha brass. If they offer dasher, I will call my barrel guy asap. Alpha is the best brass I have used.

Also would interested in dasher brass if specs were the same as current Chamberings and case capacity was same as lapua fire formed.

I emailed them but it appears as though they are coming out with 6 Creed here soon. It seems to me like there would be more demand for dasher brass over 6 Creed.

We are well beyond them figuring out the 6 creed, there might even be 22 creedmoor out here soon... As far a completely new caliber, there iseems to be some discussion of dasher vs a SAUM case.

Since there already doing 6.5 Creed, adding the 6 should be simpler and cheaper than something completely different, by a lot I bet.

I can predict with a high degree of accuracy who goes through more brass between Dasher shooter and SAUM shooters!

I would buy at least 500 pieces anytime. They did the 6 creed and it is fine since it is not a major change in tooling but honestly the 6 creed market is not that big. I feel they did it since Area 419 was forming 6 creed form Alpha 6.5 brass...but no one really care about that.

The Dasher market on the other hand is growing really fast and not only touch the PRS crowd but also benchrest shooter.

I was going to do 6 Dasher but decided to go 6 BRAI later on. It'd be a no brainer to go with the Dasher if Alpha Dasher brass existed.

Alpha Dasher brass would revolutionize the sport. It's truly the last piece of the puzzle.

Speaking of Alpha revolutionizing the sport, it seems they're now making 22 Creedmoor bras too

I would definitely buy some. Forming brass is the only thing that keeps me from switching to Dasher.

I would put a 6 Dasher barrel on my AI if they offered brass. I've been fighting back n forth over a 6x47 or 6 creed, but I'd do a 6 Dasher in a heartbeat.

Alpha Dasher brass would revolutionize the sport. It's truly the last piece of the puzzle.

This..the only keeping me from eyeing a dasher is fireforming or paying more for hydroformed dasher brass.

I currently shoot 6 Creedmoor, but would switch to 6 Dasher for my next barrel if Alpha offered brass.

We are well beyond them figuring out the 6 creed, there might even be 22 creedmoor out here soon... As far a completely new caliber, there iseems to be some discussion of dasher vs a SAUM case.
As an owner of a 7saum I'd love for some domestic production of saum cases. I know Peterson is also throwing around the saum case at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Count me in!

Per above, they are offering .22 Creedmoor. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure they would sell a hell of a lot more 6 Dasher then they would .22 Creedmoor!

Pretty Please!!!

I would buy a metric ton of alpha dasher brass. But, it must work in lapua chambers. Please don't reinvent the dimensions like someone else did.