• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alpha mags

Dusty

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2003
Louisiana
Anyone have any info on availability? I ordered one from alpha a couple of weeks ago, but haven't received it yet. Website said they where in stock, but I can't seem to get a reply by email or phone.

Re: Alpha mags

Same here, brother. I think someone here mentioned that it takes a couple weeks to get em shipped so cross your fingers. Did you PM em on here?

He shipped out a bunch of 7 round WSM mags a few weeks back. Still have an order of WSM 10 round mags outstanding.

After talking with Chris, I can tell he is taking a very meticulous approach to make sure that the mags that go out are absolutely perfect. With his limited tolerance dimensions to maximize OAL, I'd rather he take his time and get them right.

I talked to Chris one day early last week and he told me that the mags were held up at the Teflon Coater and he was expecting delivery any day. I called him back yesterday and he said that the parts had arrived and that his crew was busy assembling and shipping orders as fast as they could. Chris assured me that my Mags would be in my hands next week.

That's good to hear. I figured something was late getting there, since they where out of stock for a while. Orders where probably pretty backed up.

Its not the first time his Teflon guy has held up a bunch of his orders. He's good people but that Teflon dude is hurting him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LawnMM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its not the first time his Teflon guy has held up a bunch of his orders. He's good people but that Teflon dude is hurting him. </div></div>

Occupy the teflon coater???
cool.gif

Anyone know who has the least expensive shipping charge? I'm looking to buy a mag or two, but the places I've looked want $15 to ship one mag! Seems a bit steep to me since one of those would fit inside a $4.95 USPS flat-rate box. $15 is ~25% of the cost of a mag.

I won't make Excuses for Chris' CS, it often seems to suck. I will say he works Full Time in Public Safety and never expected these mags to be in such a Huge demand. As fast as he can get a batch ready they are already Sold. It's a Good Problem to have, but keeps folks a bit upset with him. When you rely on outside sources for materials and services (Coating) your at their mercy.

They are the Only mags I run because they just flat Work. Compact and reliable. Chris is Good People, and nobody wants the price increase it would take to hire help...

I think his CS is great. He's a friendly guy and very helpful. As you said though, the demand is exceeding the supply so he's more than swamped. Less patient people get irked by waiting for stuff.

I'm waiting on a Type 1 mag to see if it fixes some feeding troubles I've been having. If I hadn't talked to him a few times and had no clue how friendly and helpful he can be, I'd probably be irked too.

So to the irked people, take it from people who have talked to him, he's a good dude, but he's running a big operation by himself. Its not his primary source of income. Guy is doing the best he can. Be patient.

FWIW guys, I placed my order on Dec 2nd and USPS dropped it off today. Great product. Exceeds expectations and worth the wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He shipped out a bunch of 7 round WSM mags a few weeks back. Still have an order of WSM 10 round mags outstanding.

After talking with Chris, I can tell he is taking a very meticulous approach to make sure that the mags that go out are absolutely perfect. With his limited tolerance dimensions to maximize OAL, I'd rather he take his time and get them right. </div></div>

I've had 3 ten round WSM mags on order since August. I had ordered 3 seven rounders and 3 ten rounders. At the time, the 7s were in stock and the 10s were anticipated in a week or two. I included a note with my order to just ship them all together once the tens came in. A month later I called to check status, as I had received nothing. Chris said the 10s had teflon coat problems, and he'd send the 7s right away (he did), and the 10s would be another couple weeks. That was in September...was planning on calling soon to see when I can expect to see them. Paid up front 4 months ago - thinking I'd have them WAY before my rifle was done....now I'm not so sure.

I've received my order also. Had to give the feed lips a little tweek due to a shorter/steeper modified feed ramp but it runs like a swiss watch now. Just have to buy a few more mags...

Chris just called me, to let me know he's had issues with his Teflon outfit, but theyre sorted out now, and he'll be shipping my Type 4 mags in the next week - with an extra on the house for the extended wait.

In my prior post, I hope that I didn't come off as bashing/flaming Chris and Alpha. That was certainly not my intent. I've learned, in this industry, you gotta wait for your stuff most of the time. It's a pretty small industry, and many of the outfits we deal with are very small shops, that are beholden to vendors and suppliers. Fact of life. I think it was top notch of Chris to call to explain his situation and to make sure everything was ok. When I used to build racing engines, I was very often held up by venders, suppliers and machine shops, so I can certainly appreciate this phenomenon. As I stated before, it happens.

Is it right that alphamags will only fit 7 6mmCrusader?

Can anyone confirm this please?