• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alpine Gunworks Chassis

Re: Alpine Gunworks Chassis

Frank , way to much effort towards this guy !

To the 45 post , now 46 post wonder.....

Yes the may have screwed up . Lets face it , we all do . This is an exciting world that we play in and people can get caught up in it fast .

People that have great mechanical skills do not always have other skills . I have a guy that works for me that does great work , but is so freekin socialy dislexic that he can't be around women .

I met Frank about 2 years ago , and after watching him from the sidelines , I would say that he is a more upstanding guy than most . ( including myself ) To say that he is a shady guy in the background is stupid . I would actualy call him a friend now and that now makes about 10 people that I would call that .

What he did is handle something in private and show someone the correct path . The fact that you have not been banned for giving your opinion is proof that this is a stand up place and he is a stand up guy . Keep up the personal attacks and see how far you go . If I were a mod , I would have put you in a time out by now to cool off.

Crap , can't believe I actualy to the energy away from my coffee to type this , but...... Lighten up Francis !

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Listen you 45 post wonder, it's about trashing a guys thread when you don't know the facts. Turning the thread into something it's not.

Clearly the behind the scenes details were not known, like the fact I deleted the other account, so why continue to shit on the thread. It's a done deal, I straightened the guy out. He was pressing a point that wasn't an issue.

You haven't a clue, and if you think I get paid for reviews or decided to take the jump from not shitting on a thread to selling positive reviews, well do like you said go spread that lie because that is not what happened.

You're certainly not gonna last on this site because you're disrupting this post
With false allegations based on stopping a guy from going in a direction that doesn't exist. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pyrofx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank , way to much effort towards this guy !

To the 45 post , now 46 post wonder.....

Yes the may have screwed up . Lets face it , we all do . This is an exciting world that we play in and people can get caught up in it fast .

People that have great mechanical skills do not always have other skills . I have a guy that works for me that does great work , but is so freekin socialy dislexic that he can't be around women .

I met Frank about 2 years ago , and after watching him from the sidelines , I would say that he is a more upstanding guy than most . ( including myself ) To say that he is a shady guy in the background is stupid . I would actualy call him a friend now and that now makes about 10 people that I would call that .

What he did is handle something in private and show someone the correct path . The fact that you have not been banned for giving your opinion is proof that this is a stand up place and he is a stand up guy . Keep up the personal attacks and see how far you go . If I were a mod , I would have put you in a time out by now to cool off.

Crap , can't believe I actualy to the energy away from my coffee to type this , but...... Lighten up Francis !

Greg
</div></div>

Please.... Grow up. I'm mainly a shooter not an internet blogger so the fact that I've made 40 some posts on this website means nothing. I guess you both don't have very good reading comprehension because you both seem to think for some reason I have something against the guy making the stock. I don't...... I do disagree with the censorship of members for paying sponsors and all i said is that puts into question how this website is run. Hey, your more than welcome to turn this into a childish flame war but that really reflects on you and your website....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InkedIan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I do disagree with the censorship of members for paying sponsors and all i said is that puts into question how this website is run. Hey, your more than welcome to turn this into a childish flame war but that really reflects on you and your website.... </div></div>

The bottom line is do you know the entire story behind the outspoken criticism? If the answer is no, then you don't know what you're talking about and you really don't have a reason to opine as to who is or is not "censored". And although you can "judge" how this website is run, you cannot do so with any legitimate credibility as, again, you do not know the story behind the scenes. So you may surmise that you are completely aware of what's going on here but the fact of the matter is you have no clue.

So if you don't like the way this site is run, you're more than welcome to not log in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InkedIan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please.... Grow up. I'm mainly a shooter not an internet blogger so the fact that I've made 40 some posts on this website means nothing. I guess you both don't have very good reading comprehension because you both seem to think for some reason I have something against the guy making the stock. I don't...... I do disagree with the censorship of members for paying sponsors and all i said is that puts into question how this website is run. Hey, your more than welcome to turn this into a childish flame war but that really reflects on you and your website.... </div></div>

Do you get how this Internet web site forum thing works?

d9D5a.jpg

I already took care of him,

I was not "censoring" anything, I basically stopped the discussion from going in the direction of multiple accounts. That was taken care of before this thread even started, so clearly there was not reason to follow that line of discussion as it had nothing to do with this thread.

It was clear, two accounts were brought up, it was said it was handled, it was brought up again, I ended it.

He wanted to change the subject that I was Censoring Ryan, No Ryan was not aware the accounts were deleted. Ryan was not aware I addressed it prior to this, so I told him drop it.

End of story, this guy is gone, let him make good on his PM threat to slander me for censoring a member.

Back on topic... I see you have a different kind of buttstock connection kit on there, so my question is, can we swap out buttstocks to say a PRS or some other sort of adjustable buttstock?

The thread in the back of the main chassis is 1 3/16-16 thread so yes other buttstocks will work, but I haven't found anything on the market worth putting on the chassis. The adjustable buttstocks all seem to have a little play in them and leave too much to be desired. As for a locking feature we were thinking about adding another threaded hole for a third set screw to lock up an AR-15 style stock but haven't since I don't see the need. There is room though and a #10 or #8 set screw could be added if desired.

The PRS needs a locking feature which I didn't provide in the design since our buttstock is much lighter than the PRS and pretty much does all it can do.

If you guys have some suggestions I'm open to hearing them but that's where I am at with the design. I did allow for AR-15 stocks in the design though in case something becomes available that I would like to accomodate.

On another note we have an AR-15 buttstock that uses our components that you could replace a PRS with if you wanted to shave some weight. Our buttstock is about 1 lb if I remember correctly.

Here is a picture of the AR-15 buttstock above the chassis. This design would work best with side charging ARs. I have been thinking about configuring the check weld to accomodate the rear charging handle.

[img:center][/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InkedIan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First off you totally missed the obvious point I was making. I'm not talking about the stock maker or the fact that you have sponsors.... I'm talking about the fact that you told one of the members that he wasn't allowed to question the ethics or criticize someone that pays you money. Once that happens all of the information provided by the website it's self is in question because for all we know you were paid to give false information, give good reviews, and slander sponser's competitors... As far as know the majority of the people that come to forums like these come to get and share information and would like for that information to not be censored for money... Am I the only one that thinks that's wrong? </div></div>

No I think you missed the point Lowlight is the decider on the Hide. It's harder than it looks but it has to be done to allow people to continue to contribute and enjoy their visit to the Hide. Move along.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just dropped a massive croatia, i wish there atleast 4 more chassis sytems out there,my neighbors dog has a four inch clit, what best parts ar fit chassis good </div></div>

VJJPunisher,
Before you drop anything, the best for you will be to learn your language. It speaks volumes of you that I know your language better than you. and I learned it for 4 years in elementary school.
And, no I am not liberal. If I am, I wouldn't be on this forum.
Veer_G Yes, I Will hols high moral ground, and more so after USA role in war in Balkans.
And I didn't said that somebody should not have or carry arms. I just didn't think that he was paying attention where he points that rifle. So, Alpine Gunworks, sorry, I was over the line and that sure sounded like a threat. Again, sorry to you.
And, one other thing, I am not from "some liberal state". I am from Croatia, country which was independent for 1st time in 9th century.
I am off this thread and and going to my mine saturated, ethnic cleansing country.

I am going to be in the market for a chassis system in the near future. I like the looks of this so far. Only things I would like to see added
1. A place to attach a monopod
2. QD sling attachment points