• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Altering known-good load for suppressed use

Boozer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2017
Quick Question for you guys.

I have a good established load for my .223 trainer rifle that gives ~.75" groups at 100, ES of 12-15, and SD's of 5-7. I just received my Gemtech trek the other day, and am going to get started "tweaking" my load. I understand that adding a can may slightly bump up velocity, so would I be looking to decrease my charge weight to keep the same velocity as before I added the suppressor? Would my "velocity node" stay the same?

I have not chrono'd any loads out of the suppressor yet, so i don't know just how much (if any) velocity increase I will end up with. I have a magneto sporter at the moment, and i'm waiting on my V3 to arrive in the mail. so the jury is still out.

Thanks!

Im currently no longer loading the bullets that I had developed a load for prior to getting my can but I didnt notice any difference in how they behaved from before/after. Ive read that it can increase speed but if it does its within my loading abilities. Ive chronoed 10 with my can and 10 without my can and I couldnt tell you which was which based off of the numbers.

Sooo....
Shoot it before you worry about changing it.

Well, sounds like a crapshoot. I’ll load up 10, shoot 5 with, and 5 without and see how it goes. Thanks guys