• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alternative 10mm Auto Powders?

ArcticFun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2009
Wasilla, Alaska
As the title says I'm looking for alternative powders to use for reloading 10mm Auto. They are going to be used with 150gr JHP Noslers and HSM 180gr Hard-Cast Round Nose bullets shot out of Glock 20SF with a Lone Wolf 4.60" stock replacement barrel. I'm having a hard time finding all the typical powders to reload with (Longshot, Unique, AA#7/#9, Bluedot, 3N38, IMR800X, Silhouette, Power Pistol, N105, Autocomp, 2400).

The only 'Alternative' powder I've come across that has load data is the Hodgdon Lil'gun (have to call them directly) and that's exclusively for the heavy for caliber loadings in the 220gr range.

Without going online or smelting my own, 180gr is the max weight I can find locally and before I go above that I would like to have a reason to do so I.e. A powder I can actually reload with. I'm tired of paying $.70 or more to shoot the 10mm :)

I shot some CFE Pistol through my G20 and liked it a lot. It may not give the velocity of #9 but felt stout (I was not able to use my chrony during the session) and had no pressure signs in the loads I tried (worked up to 7.6gr using a 180g bullet).

Thanks for the tip but I haven't been able to find that either after spending most of the day trying to. I am curious if anyone has tried reloading for pistols with Alliant Steel? It is supposed to be a slower burn than Bluedot. I will admit to being more than a little hesitant to try reloading with an untested powder.

I was able to secure 1lbs apiece of AA#7 and Bluedot so I won't have to experiment or try anything wacky for a couple weeks now. Always good to know of fallbacks though as I doubt the lack powders for pistols is going to be remedied anytime soon in my location.