• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alternative MagnetoSpeed mount

jgray

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2023
Denver
I just bought a magnetospeed sporter on sale and learned quickly it wasn't going to fit over the barrel tuner/brake. I was willing to take a POI shift just to take some velocities but for about $35.00 and a couple hours of labor it doesn't touch the barrel and it's QD. I need to give credit where it's due, guy named Joe came up with the hardware set. Very clever when you consider the prices for commercially made adapters.
Thanks Joe.

Attachments

• magspeed2.JPG
    magspeed2.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 74
  • MAgspeed1.JPG
    MAgspeed1.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 74
Update... the rear ball joint started to slip after about 5 rounds. I tacked the ball & socket with my tig welder. For those with strong budgets, maybe one of the aftermarket
mounts will save some trouble. In my case, still made an alternate mount for about $35.00.

Last edited:
This guy doesn’t have a clue.
Update.
Went to the range yesterday, shot 100 development rounds, doing OCW & barrel tuner tests. Got the gas gun shooting .6MOA consistently.
The Magspeed mount worked perfectly, no errors, never moved. Now on to some seating depth work.
Signed,
Clueless in Colorado

Reactions: AR-180