• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Altus Shooting

Average guy

Low IQ truth teller
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 25, 2018
    Just got off the phone with Mike at Altus. What a great customer service experience. Every question I had was answered promptly and knowledgeably. I’m definitely a repeat customer many times over. In these days of unanswered emails and long responses times it is great to see a business step up and meet customer service in a busy time.

I can attest to their CS. Bought a rifle, barreled action, and it was shipped immediately. Had it in days. Bought a TT Diamond single stage trigger by mistake, sent an email. Had the order canceled within hours and sent me a refund check which I had in under a week. Reordered the correct trigger on a Monday and had it in my mailbox by Thursday.

Buy with confidence.

I just put a deposit on a custom build with them. Good people. Can’t wait to get it. Just waiting on the action.

I'll pile in...
    GREAT customer service. They took all of the time necessary to answer all of my stupid noob questions, and guide me through choosing components for my first custom. Kept in contact and gave updates on the status, and even in these crazy China flu times, got my rifle done ahead of the promised delivery date. They have gained a lifelong customer, even though I'm on the other side of the country.

PS- it shoots.. those are rounds 10-12 through the gun with factory ammo

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2021-02-12 13:41:11.463598.png
      Ballistic-X-Export-2021-02-12 13:41:11.463598.png
      2.8 MB · Views: 77
    Reactions: Zane1844
    agreed, joshua there did a good job helping me select components for a 6.5 prc build a few months ago and no issues with a couple of changes.

I’ve dealt with Mike multiple times. Every time a good experience. Just ordered a Proof Prefit for my Defiance action that I previously ordered from them.

I bought an action from them. Very easy to deal with.

Great guys and gals at Altus. Prompt service and they seem to really care about shooters. Not near as common as it should be these days.

Reactions: Average guy
    Great guys and gals at Altus. Prompt service and they seem to really care about shooters. Not near as common as it should be these days.
    Agreed. It’s surprising the amount of businesses that don’t even answer the phone or even an email. My list of first call suppliers is rather short and Altus is at the top of the list.

Not sure what their agreement with Proof is on the prefits but I like it!

Everyone,

Thank you for all the kind words. I have shared this thread with the Altus team.

Brad_M.........looks like that one might not make our accuracy guarantee.......haha.

You guys have made my day.

Cheers.

Ern -Altus Rifle Builder
    I just received a proof prefit from your company. 25 rounds fired and it’s already hammering.

Another happy customer--Altus chambered 2 LH Impact barreled actions for me that shoot great.
    Email CS and build quality are outstanding, they're bookmarked!

They kick ass. They’ve built me 2 rifles and both are lazers, not only that but their customer service is top notch. Super easy to talk too and have delivered everything on time. 10/10

Attachments

• 4EBC024F-C100-438F-B251-44DBD9BF69E6.jpeg
      4EBC024F-C100-438F-B251-44DBD9BF69E6.jpeg
      262.9 KB · Views: 57
    Awesome retailer. Have bought a lot of stuff with them over the last year. The list of retailers im willing to buy from has shrank quite a bit but these folks are tops. Must have a large inventory becuase they get stock when nobody else has it.

I kicked tires on doing a build with them, and after getting a quote put together and having conversations with Mike/Josh it was a no brainer to go through with it. I actually called to see if they could throw in a set of @HawkinsPrecision rings on the order, and as expected they answered the phone and added it on there without issue. I should have the build in 4-5 weeks and am pumped!

Reactions: Zane1844
    Any of you guys who shoot there know of any good eats close to the range? Maybe a BBQ joint?

I just bought a barreled action from them and after dealing with Josh I gotta say I wish I'd of gone this way a few years ago. Talk about making it easy and putting up with my dumb arse questions. Altus is a no brainer for my future builds.

Last edited:
    Reactions: RS14
    Any of you guys who shoot there know of any good eats close to the range? Maybe a BBQ joint?

I just bought a barreled action from them and after dealing with Josh I gotta say I wish I'd of gone this way a few years ago. Talk about making it easy and putting up with my dumb arse questions. Altus is a no brainer for my future builds.

Wagon Wheel BBQ is close to the range, but you have to go the long way around due to the bridge being out. Pounders in Crestview is a great option, and is what Altus uses for meals on Saturdays at their 2-day PRS matches.

Great thanks guys. A few of us are thinking about heading up for either a class or match this summer.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
    Great thanks guys. A few of us are thinking about heading up for either a class or match this summer.

Last club level match before summer break is early next month. Send me a pm if you go, I should be there.