• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ALWAYS WEAR EYEPRO or what happens when you shoot a 6.5 CM rd in your 260

3625C25C-3DCC-484C-8DE9-DF214D8B8D44.jpeg

Eye Pro and ear pro always a good idea in my opinion. When I go out shooting with my son, I have him recite the firearm safety rules on the way and when we arrive at the range. He has to wear eye pro and ear pro even when shooting suppressed.
Finding eye pro for kids was challenging. When he was younger I used the safety goggles that Lowes has on their build and grow line. As he got older, I got him a pair of Julbo polarized sunglasses. This one wraps around the facial area pretty good at 8y/o.
EE907B83-901A-4F5D-A7B8-C35252CCC38B.jpeg
At more than half the Oakley prices I think its worth it. He shoots 308 and 6.5 with me.
E7A8AFF4-0AE4-4DD7-B75E-221CB97387CB.jpeg

Reactions: Baron23
Gaddayum thats nuts. Hope i never see that at work, work at our level 1 trauma center as a nurse.

Not sure what city you are in, but with time you will.
My first was a Remington 7600 in ‘06.
Guy used an old really beat up soft gun case, he told me about before he left for the OR.

Im guessing some junk from that kept the bolt from locking up properly.
Was using factory ammo.
Parts of the bolt caught him.

He has vision loss and some nice hardware in his maxilla, as well as some scars.

He was shooting it lefty also, which is why his face was near the ejection port.

Reactions: 808caliber
Lord... I'm not getting sucked into a debate with some rando who spells rioters like rotors.

Did you ever stop to think that “rotors” are in reference to helicopter rotor blades because the quote is a nice way of saying commies should be thrown from helicopters?

no it appears you didn’t. Got it

I do agree that 6.5cm is better than .260 and my point of reference is that I too, have an asshole.

have, am. Potato potato. :ROFLMAO:

Some people are sure they are right, when they dont pick up the subtle hilarity in a statement. Seen it many times

If you want cringe worthy:

Kaboom 1)
Honduras .mil pulling the bolt on a hangfire:
EE151AF7-E542-4828-BE05-D307C645E5B5.jpeg

Kaboom 2)
Cheap 50 upper equals sheared bolt through your neck:
77C48C2D-C6EC-4ECA-9C49-2AA6DC3035DE.png

Kaboom 3)
And then this:
Some failure think he had gun parts in his arm iirc. But that much blood seems like a head wound
BF600057-8971-4602-82FB-183475497B99.png
36AAA4C5-4B29-4F3D-9BB4-8D65D20A816E.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Bender
Went shooting with some guys from church about 10 years ago. We were at one of the guy's property and his private range.

I put my .308 on the bench and had a few boxes of ammo stacked next to it (168 FGMM if I recall). One of the guys laid his 30-06 hunting rifle next to mine, and stacked his ammo boxes next to mine as well. He ended up shooting first, so I gathered my stuff and moved it so he could have the whole bench. I believe he was also shooting Federal ammo. His first shot was at a milk jug. He shot, we heard the crack, milk jug exploded, and he said something like "well that felt odd". Then lots of cussing ensued as he could't open the bolt. I looked down and noticed the only open box of ammo said ".308 Win" on it.... Sure enough, after we got the bolt open, out popped a very weirdly shaped piece of .308 brass. Somehow a box of my ammo got mixed in with his and he had loaded up his entire internal mag with my .308 ammo.

Luckily, it didn't look like any damage occurred and no one got hurt. But, it was a good lesson for me to always double check my ammo....

Reactions: spartan50
I'll never forget the sound that came out of the receiver vent hole on a Rem 700 .223 LTR after a MK262 was fired in it before I knew any better. Gladly that's all that happened. I was scared to check my face at first.

Isn't that the bolt, sitting in the receiver of the rifle- albeit at an angle? Looks pretty clean to have been lodged in a guy's neck...

That's wild. Out of curiosity is there anything that will fire in a 6.5 creedmoor gun that would cause similar problems? I imagine 6 Creed would get a little weird....

I would assume that a 6.5x47 could be an issue if chambered into a 6.5CM rifle given the 2mm difference and having excessive headspace.
I guess I should go and check that since those are the two cartridges I mainly take to the range.

Reactions: BikePilot
This precisely why I keep my ammo in boxes until it enters the magazine.

260 is a wonderful precision hunting round and a great platform to start reloading with. Confused why people use it for PRS anymore, though.

View attachment 7412412

That can of worms has been opened to many times to warrant a response.
They are both fine cartridges with merits both ways so pick one and roll with it.

It really doesn't matter what gun/cartridge the shooter has. Maybe it was a gift, maybe his dad already had 260 reloading setup, maybe his other guns are 260 idk

Point being wear your eye pro, cause shit happens. Personally I was impressed it wasn't a case head separation, the round did come out pretty easily with a light push of the cleaning rod.

You can use the same headspace gauge for 6 creed and 6.5 creed so I'm pretty sure 6 CM will chamber and fire in a 6.5 CM, but the bullet won't seal in the barrel since its smaller so you'll probably get a funny sound and the bullet will come out slow and unstable.

surgeon260 I was thinking the same thing about the different cartridge shoulder dimensions. But I saw it happen not 4 hours ago so I know 6.5 CM will chamber and fire in a 260. I also don't quite understand why it blew the primer and trashed the extractor, since powder charges between the two cartridges are almost identical, but obviously the mismatch in calibers did cause excessive pressure which blew the primer out.

What are you talking about "mismatch in calibers"? Both the .260 Rem and 6.5 creedmoor use a .264 diameter bullet. They are the same caliber.

The whole thing sounds like BS or maybe the guy had resized 6.5 brass to use in his 260 and had a hot load.

Last edited:
Not sure what city you are in, but with time you will.
My first was a Remington 7600 in ‘06.
Guy used an old really beat up soft gun case, he told me about before he left for the OR.

Im guessing some junk from that kept the bolt from locking up properly.
Was using factory ammo.
Parts of the bolt caught him.

He has vision loss and some nice hardware in his maxilla, as well as some scars.

He was shooting it lefty also, which is why his face was near the ejection port.

We hardly see gun incidents here mostly due to being such a blue state and having retardedly strict gun laws.
If we do. Its mostly the suicidal shootings or negligent discharge to the leg or abdomen lol.

Reactions: powdahound76
Bangers who shoot their nuts or pecker are pretty funny

Shame if someone tells them its “unsalvageable” and will be amputated!

It violates rights and part of me thinks a vasectomy would be a good idea....

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
What are you talking about "mismatch in calibers"? Both the .260 Rem and 6.5 creedmoor use a .264 diameter bullet. They are the same caliber.

The whole thing sounds like BS or maybe the guy had resized 6.5 brass to use in his 260 and had a hot load.
You sure you wanna wade into this, calling bullshit on some very experienced people?
Asking for a friend...

I accidentally loaded my .40 with 9mm. It was a gun I had recently purchased. I tried to fire 3 rounds before realizing what happened. I thank God that all that happened was light primer strikes.

Reactions: AR Jon
Had a friend shoot a .357 sig through my .45 p220 west German. Made a real distinct odd noise along with a nice case rupture and stuck slide. I don’t know how that fuckery happened

You sure you wanna wade into this, calling bullshit on some very experienced people?
Asking for a friend...
Ive got no problem calling bullshit when I see it. The OPs story is BS or he doesnt know the facts or as pointed out, a troll. If you think I was calling BS on anything other than the OPs story you need to go back to grade school and learn what reading comprehension is.

Ive got no problem calling bullshit when I see it. The OPs story is BS or he doesnt know the facts or as pointed out, a troll. If you think I was calling BS on anything other than the OPs story you need to go back to grade school and learn what reading comprehension is.

Look dipshit, if you actually read the thread you'd realize:

1. I (and others) were actually there.

2. Details were posted about the incident.

3. The fact that they are the same caliber/diameter bullet has fuck all to do with it, and proves you literally know enough to be fucking dangerous (which is obviously, not a lot).

So, I was polite before, now I won't be. Sit down, STFU, and open your mouth/type when you can actually contribute something, other than running your fucking suck, taking up oxygen. The only bullshit here, is what's streaming outta your fucking mouth.

Now. Care to go for the hat trick tough guy?

Hi,

LOLOLOL basing knowhow/facts/information on "What the Pro's Use"........

Name 5 "Pro's" in the PRS comp world!!
And I mean "Pro" as in they do nothing else but PRS matches for a LIVING.

I have yet to see a "Pro" F1 driver finishing cement Monday through Thursday...
I have yet to see a "Pro" Golfer running cattle ranch Monday through Thursday...
List goes on and on.....

Sincerely,
Theis

Yet the pros seem to gain plenty of knowledge and ideas/tools developed by the weekend warrior prs types

Hi,

I have yet to see a "Pro" Golfer running cattle ranch Monday through Thursday...
List goes on and on.....

Sincerely,
Theis
I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express...

let the mid pack use their money for R and D

then take what they created and refine it

when your always in the lead you cant take chances

2nd place still pays the bills

Reloads? Possible he ran a 6.5 case through his reloading process? Even if he trimmed to length, a lot of brass moving and certainly different internal capabilities when done. Or not even trimmed and pinched the bullet. Both could spike pressure and blow a primer for sure.

I have run a 6 creed through my 6.5 die by accident...it works. Also recently think there was a thread about a guy accidentally running some 6.5 brass through his 6 Creed die. Just a little case forming.

ZY
I know you can run .260 thru a 6.5CM die. I just had this happen last night while sizing my 6.5 CM brass. The pull felt a little off and took more pressure than usual. Took the round off the press and low and behold I had a .260 case mixed in with all my 6.5CM. It bumped the shoulder back and I had one hell of a long neck. I would have caught it when I was trimming to length and realized I was trimming a country mile off the neck. I know where that damn round came from also. Range buddy was shooting his .260 while I was shooting my 6.5 and during the brass pickup I accidentally grabbed one of his cases and threw it in my bag.

Last edited:
let the mid pack use their money for R and D

then take what they created and refine it

when your always in the lead you cant take chances

2nd place still pays the bills
Define "bills." Does 2nd- or even 1st- pay the mortgage? or the kids college tuition? If by "bills" you mean "I can mostly recoup the cost of shooting" then no, 2nd doesn't really pay the bills.

Define "bills." Does 2nd- or even 1st- pay the mortgage? or the kids college tuition? If by "bills" you mean "I can mostly recoup the cost of shooting" then no, 2nd doesn't really pay the bills.

PRS Post 2019:
"Approximately $950,000 in prize table support to the PRS Pro Series matches will be distributed prior to the start of the season to MDs. That’s about 25K to each match prize table which is a healthy start to getting the MDs prize tables going. Below is the list of sponsors that are going through the PRS to reach you as a shooter! This list is not inclusive and will surely grow as we get into the season and wrap up SHOT SHOW."

if you place consistency it pays for more then bullets and powder

3. The fact that they are the same caliber/diameter bullet has fuck all to do with it, and proves you literally know enough to be fucking dangerous (which is obviously, not a lot).

So, I was polite before, now I won't be. Sit down, STFU, and open your mouth/type when you can actually contribute something, other than running your fucking suck, taking up oxygen. The only bullshit here, is what's streaming outta your fucking mouth.

MarinePMI saved me the trouble to respond to dipshit, thank you. I find it ironic that a newbie who joined not even 3 months ago is calling BS on some of us long time members, with a wealth of precision rifle experience, who post infrequently and only when we have substantive information to add to the community, including a moderator. If you looked, you'd see that I've been here on SH since 2003, I do know the facts of this incident as I was there, and I posted as a cautionary lesson on why we should always wear eye pro.

Last edited:
Ive got no problem calling bullshit when I see it. The OPs story is BS or he doesnt know the facts or as pointed out, a troll.

What do windows taste like and does it get annoying wearing a special helmet all the time?

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
Hey, dont go picking on the special needs folks by lumping them in with fools. 😁

They have genetic issues that cause their problems. Not willful ignorance.

This working from home has made me less tolerant of fools
Outside the trauma OR this AM (way more fun than my home office) the medical director was going off. I asked him to please stop, let me say 2 sentences without interruption, and then say anything else he felt I needed to know.
Extremely bright man. Genius really. Zero social comprehension.
Will say if you are trying to die from trauma, he is a good one to have in your corner. And he will gladly piss off everyone to do right by his patient.
Which never makes me mad. I like that kind of dedication.

Hi,

List goes on and on.....

Sincerely,
Theis

Find me a real cattle rancher/raiser working Mon-Thurs and I will kiss Hillary.

Perhaps gramps at 85 has slowed down to 4-5 10 hr days.

I get your point. Im just sayin.....

Reactions: deersniper
They aint a real rancher from my limited experience.
Perhaps 3 cows on 10 acres, boots, and an F150 is all it takes?
I mean, Bruce is Caitelyn and Hillary is honest and trustworthy according to some. Perhaps the world changed and I didnt catch it.

@diggler1833 - can you take 3 days off to shoot pro in PRS during the “points race”?

Sorry if I Tagged in the wrong guy. If my memory isnt too screwed, you run a decent sized cattle op?

one of my best friends I grew up with runs right around 1k head.
no way he could take enough weekends off to compete.
he raises crops/feed too.

Reactions: THEIS
Not a match cartridge, but I seen a guy that couldn't get his gun sighted in at the range. He was shooting .270 through his 30-06. Apparently he had both guns and grabbed wrong ammo.
Easily happens. My eyes suck anymore. Have reading glasses but shoot using my 'far' (driving) glasses. Much easier to see down range + better look through my scopes. I shoot 6.5CM and 308 bolt rifles, and 5.56 and 300 BO semis. I have taken to using the plastic electricians colored tapes to define my ammo and rifles. Red for 300 BO stripe on the mag well and the mags plus a stripe on the ammo backup can. etc etc. Simple but effective. Of course if I only had one caliber........

No ones trying to be a tough guy but you dumbfuck.

Almost a whole separate topic, but the Remington 700 gas handling doesn't sound great.
Mal