• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Am I being picky or is this odd for new scope?

j-moose32

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2019
Just like the title states is this odd or am I over thinking it. Bought a brand new 7-35 ATACR mil-xt from a reputable company and just opening it and checking it out after delivery.

It looks DIRTY to me. My 4 month old used ATACR I just sold was cleaner than this. Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks

22478C2D-E291-4663-B5D0-4733B19B9DD7.jpeg567F0E6B-55B1-48E8-A06C-80F479C7267C.jpeg616C4992-C726-43EC-BCF3-18C503DF4AB7.jpeg0CC09BC0-4AC3-41CA-B8C1-7D5FABF979E5.jpeg57E9F91D-1054-4D50-B737-B138070096B8.jpeg

Reactions: Tokay444
It does look as though it has been handled.

I was thinking the same thing. I’m sure functionally it should be fine, but not what I expect for a new $3,000+ optic

Recently received a ZCO 5-27 that had similar markings, almost looked used/previously mounted.
For $3600, no question it went back and replaced with another.
Dealer was stellar handling the return.

I'll take that dirty old thing off your hands for $500! LOL ;)

I don't think you are being picky at all - for that kind of coin, it should be right! I would send it back.

I just sent an email to my point of contact. Will wait for a response and report back. If I don’t hear anything shortly I’ll call. The responses were almost instant while discussing the ordering so we shall see how this end of the company performs

Reactions: FN-Whitney
Received a call back from the company within minutes of sending the email. Saw the pics and agreed 100% that this wasn’t ok. Sending me out a new one today with a return label

That doesn't sound right. It should be clean! Did you buy it from a local store? They may have demo it.

Received a call back from the company within minutes of sending the email. Saw the pics and agreed 100% that this wasn’t ok. Sending me out a new one today with a return label

/thread

Let’s pack it up boys

Glad this is ending well. Always good to hear when retailers are fair and customer focused.

Can you "out" the company? Sounds like you'd be giving them an excellent "shout out" for great customer service.

Can you "out" the company? Sounds like you'd be giving them an excellent "shout out" for great customer service.

I will once it’s all said and done. I don’t think they’ll take issue with me naming them but I will wait till it’s settled, and check that there cool with it

It can be hard as a dealer. I once had the experience of having a customer who wanted to look at product that we did not have on display.
We had the 8x42 Leica's on the counter, but not the 10x42. We got a box out, opened it and he looked through them. He said 'yes' to buying them...but then said he wanted a pair that were in an unopened box.
Sometimes you just can't win :)

Yes, my 4th.
And I do understand it can be tough for a retailer. Can also be why there is a seal. Returns for example.

It can be hard as a dealer. I once had the experience of having a customer who wanted to look at product that we did not have on display.
We had the 8x42 Leica's on the counter, but not the 10x42. We got a box out, opened it and he looked through them. He said 'yes' to buying them...but then said he wanted a pair that were in an unopened box.

I would have told him to pound sand lol.

I've had one that was a little dirty when it arrived in its sealed box. It was cardboard dust. Box must have been at the bottom of a stack of boxes before it was packed and sealed and the cardboard dust got all over the scope in the shipping process. Wiped it off and moved on. Looking back, I think it may have been magical fairy unicorn dust. That rifle/scope combo is awesome.

dirty not really wish i had the pic of a scope encased in a block of mud still soap water and clean in 60 sec. congrats on a nice scope may it serve you well for a lifetime .

Usually I'd say no. But at this price point and level of 'reputation', I want better presentation. This is indicative of QC. How you interpret that is up to you.

I would have offered to send it back for a replacement or possibly considered a discount if they allow me to mount and test it. Discount meaning a fair % off/back of what you paid. And remember it's conditional of it working so if it passes muster 'fair' isn't too much to clean off the grease of an otherwise perfectly good scope.

Well After speaking more with the company we were both comfortable with “outing” them

Here’s a timeline for those interested

1310 - email from me to company
1328 - response from company
1329- I missed a phone call from them
1341- I called back and made contact
1400 - received email from ups with shipping info for my new replacement on the way

THANK YOU RICHARD @CSTactical. Honestly this is the best customer service I’ve EVER experienced.

Tons of options out there to buy from but I will not buy another new NF from anyone other than Richard @CSTactical

Well After speaking more with the company we were both comfortable with “outing” them

1400 - received email from ups with shipping info for my new replacement on the way

THANK YOU RICHARD @CSTactical. Honestly this is the best customer service I’ve EVER experienced.

Tons of options out there to buy from but I will not buy another new NF from anyone other than Richard @CSTactical

tenor.gif

I would have stuck it on a rifle and gone shooting. Who cares what it looks like. It would look worse than that by the time I got it zeroed.

Somehow, my first thought was, "I bet it's going to be @CSTactical," as soon as I read post #15. The dealers that actively support us, the sport, and this site are unparalleled in their commitment to customer service. Thank you, gentlemen!

It looks like box dust or hand prints. Wipe it with a cloth. If it comes off who cares..... are you putting the scope on display? I’m sure it will get a lot worse than that after use.

That's full on stupid...

I agree that I would have wiped the scope off and gone with it if the seal on the box was good. If the marks didn't wipe off, then I probably would have had an issue. But I'm not going to begrudge anyone spending that kind of money who wants a perfectly new/mint product.

Should have posted that pics are after I wiped down the optic. I kept seeing more and more spots, but the turret stains is what got me most, so I stopped

Either way it’s probably more a NF issue but cstactical is making it right . Again my hats of to them as they couldn’t have handled it any better. Absolute stand up company

Should have posted that pics are after I wiped down the optic. I kept seeing more and more spots, but the turret stains is what got me most, so I stopped

Either way it’s probably more a NF issue but cstactical is making it right . Again my hats of to them as they couldn’t have handled it any better. Absolute stand up company
Ahhh, all makes more sense now.

I agree - good on CSTactical for getting you taken care of. Now wtf was NF doing sending the scope out looking like that?

Why do people use this phrase when they have direct examples of people that do?

Because some people in the “tactical rifle” world worry too much about what a tool looks like.

Do you care if your channel locks or crescent wrench are scratched up? Do you care that a $5k jackhammer or air compressor isn’t pretty?

Tactical rifles are no different. They are a tool.

Because some people in the “tactical rifle” world worry too much about what a tool looks like.

Do you care if your channel locks or crescent wrench are scratched up? Do you care that a $5k jackhammer or air compressor isn’t pretty?

Fundamentally I agree with you but I will say that even when I buy new tools I want them to look new when I buy them. If they get dinged or scratched or marred through use so be it, it's a tool and i use it, but I do want it to look new when I get it.

In the case of this scope if it wiped clean I would not have thought twice about it, but if it had marks in the anodized coating that would not wipe clean I would see that forever and be pissed.

It’s just a pointless phrase when obviously OP cares, other people on the thread obviously care and further the problem was solved immediately by the dealer.

Some people want to dirty their own tools or pay open box prices for open box items.

It’s just a pointless phrase when obviously OP cares, other people on the thread obviously care and further the problem was solved immediately by the dealer.

Some people want to dirty their own tools or pay open box prices for open box items.

The phrase doesn’t mean no one cares.....it means it’s pointless to care.

When I see perfectly clean rifles and optics, it’s a really good indicator someone doesn’t use it hardly at all. And people that care overly much about how they look rarely shoot much either (not necessarily the OP. Generally speaking).

Should have guessed, those guys are awesome! I got my TT525P from them!

Reactions: oniak