• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Am I seeing that right? $60.00 a box of 100 rounds of CCI ???

lds4mysanity

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
Corpus Christi, TEXAS
Went to Cheaper Than Dirt website a few minutes ago. .22 LR ammo pricing is a joke. 60 cents a round ???? Someone please check that and let me know if I am crazy. Or not?

No joke. The joke is CTD and their pricing policy IMO. However, people who want or need it badly enough are obviously paying those prices. That is up to them, but CTD will not get my hard earned wampum.

Another example is Federal 115 gr 9mm, 50 rounds for $59.95. Sells at box stores for around $12 if you can find it. It's that big IF that allows some vendors to price things sky high.

Yes, you are "crazy" for wasting your time looking at CTD's website or even considering them for any of your purchases. :) They showed their TRUE colors when they jacked the price of $15 PMags up to $90 overnight. I'd shop a Gunbroker auction well before CTD.

Yes, you are "crazy" for wasting your time looking at CTD's website or even considering them for any of your purchases. :) They showed their TRUE colors when they jacked the price of $15 PMags up to $90 overnight. I'd shop a Gunbroker auction well before CTD.

All of this right here. Fuck CTD in their dirty asses.

$159.99 for a brick of 525 Remington Golden Bullets. WTF are people thinking paying that. I though it was a typo at first, but nope. CTD can take a flying f&$k at a rolling donut for all I care. I'm all for free enterprise and the freedoms to charge what you want for your products, but that doesn't mean I have to support it now or in the future. They could drop their prices to below Walmart on stuff once the supply chain unclogs and I still won't buy shit from them.

I just filled out their "contact us" form and suggested they change their name to ... Cheaper than Gold, But Not By Much ... also told them they are losing a lot of customers. I know it won't make a big difference but it's a start.

I have been trying to "unsubscribe" from their mailing list since December. It doesn't matter how much you try, they keep sending their shit.

It is not just them. Ammo distributors have jacked their prices up by at least 100% or more.
A major gun shop out here just got in a shipment of Privi Partizan,Wolf, and Federal ammunition. I scanned the shelves and took note of a few of the new prices:
Privi 9mm Makarov FMJ ammo 50 rounds- $37.50
Federal .45 ACP 230 grain FMJ-$57.80 50 rounds
.30 Luger FMJ Privi Partizan 50 rounds- $70.00
7.62x39 Wolf FMJ "Military Specification" 20 round box-$ 23.50
.22 LR Remington White Label 50 rounds-$4.45

used to shop CTD for most of my ammo purchases and appreciated their support for CA a few years ago but since this whole ammo/gun scare started I saw CTD raise prices on everything to ridiculous heights I call them and canceled my subscription and will not buy from them anymore. Yes CTD can price thing according to demand but that doesnt mean I will shop with them.

The way I see it, don't buy from them and be sure to tell every shooter you talk to about it.
Going to a shoot? Tell anyone that'll listen. Going to the range? Local gun store? Tell them all.
We're the consumers in a specialized market, there's no way we should be standing still for this.

just my 2 cents.

CTD is a bunch of sonsabitches. Unfortunately, they are still getting business from panic buyers. Who knows how the story will end though....

I have mixed emotions about Jerry Miculek since he is sponsored in part by CTD. And the Outdoor Channel won't stop taking their advertising dollars. It's one thing to let a market set the prices and another to gouge. I think they've shown perfectly well which side they're on.

There are a bunch of these assholes, a friend owns a gun shop the other day a guy comes in and says he has 20,000 rounds of 22 would he be interested in buying it my friend say sure what do you want he said 100.00 per box. 50 not 500 my buddy told him to get the hell out and not come back.

I have 12,000 +/- rounds and would not consider selling at any price. But if a friend was in need he could have whatever he needed. Not a fan of greed and certainly not a fan of of gouging.

check around....it's coming back the local cabelas had pmc 9mm 15 a box and 22 SK match for $55 a brick......

CTD can crash and burn when this ends they had 17hmr at 99 cents a round.
Thanks a lot you turd burgulars

CTD lost my business as soon as I saw those prices. I take pleasure in throwing their flyer away as soon as it arrives in the mail.

check around....it's coming back the local cabelas had pmc 9mm 15 a box and 22 SK match for $55 a brick......

My local Cabela's had Federal Gold Medal Match 175gr .308 for $26.99/box of 20. I bought the limit every time I saw it. Difference is I won't sit on it, I shoot it.

My local Cabela's had Federal Gold Medal Match 175gr .308 for $26.99/box of 20. I bought the limit every time I saw it. Difference is I won't sit on it, I shoot it.
That's my deal too. I know that some want/feel the need to set on large quantities, but I am just trying to make sure that I can keep on shooting. So far, I've been just lucky enough to keep in stock. I don't have enough cabbage to buy large quantities at once or I probably would try to do so.

That's my deal too. I know that some want/feel the need to set on large quantities, but I am just trying to make sure that I can keep on shooting. So far, I've been just lucky enough to keep in stock. I don't have enough cabbage to buy large quantities at once or I probably would try to do so.

As soon as Cabela's ran out, Palmetto got some in so I ordered 9 boxes so now I have 15 boxes that I am going to cautiously shoot. I want to keep at least 5 boxes on hand so if I get that "hey, lets go shooting" call, I have some ammo to shoot.

^^^Exactly my goal. I am trying to reserve about ten boxes or so at any given time above my regular shooting stock for that purpose. So far, I've been able to locate some here and some there, at reasonable prices, so I'm not complaining. Of course, they aren't all from the same lot or anything, but I'm truly not at that level of ability myself yet.

I need to get into reloading though...no doubt.

True, true... Which is why I haven't rushed to buy reloading equipment right yet. Plus the fact that until recently, even reloading equipment was impossible to find anywhere.

Cheaper than Dirt has every right to charge whatever price they wish. They jacked their prices up exorbitantly - across the board - to try to cash in on the Craze. They had absurdly high prices on magazines right after Newtown. The problem is that there are still stupid people that will pay those prices. They are apparently still moving product. Capitalism 101.

However, it works both ways. I made the decision that they will never get another dime of my hard-earned firearms budget. I encourage all of you to do the same. These are commodity items and can be bought from numerous other sources (Cabelas comes to mind) at MUCH better prices if you are a little patient and look around. The flip-side of Capitalism 101.

CTD pays people to go sit at walmart and buy the ammo there. They have to pay for the ammo, so the ammo costs more. Gotta lube the wheels.

People will still shop with them. The fact that people are still shopping there even before this latest price hike proves you either weren't paying attention when they did the same in '08 or just forgot.

The drought looks like it is starting to crack a little. I saw Federal cartons 325 rounders I thing on the shelf, limit 2 per customer, at S39.00. - Ruff's in Flagstaff. Everything but .308 is coming in. One case per customer of .223, PMC, Fed and Russian crap but the prices are up about 20-30% from what they were......At least it is available and putting the hurt on the gougers who wait at Walmart for hours to buy and sell on the internet. That is what is happening in my area at least. They sit on Walmart - a bunch of middle aged fat bastards without job or retired and buy as much as they can. One guy even is on bottled oxygen, spending falsehoods and rumors to keep the prices up.

They have a right to charge what ever the want. I have the right not to buy it or ever buy anything from them again. Remember all the gougers