• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Am I the only one with a Meh attitude on Black Friday this year?

buying some small stuff....but not really all giggity on this years stuff. I still need to decide what I want in an upgrade to my ELR rifle. 375ct? 308?....what? No clue. I also have just about everything imaginable to reload with.....so...yea.....meh.

I want blammo........Black Box M193, .45 ACP.

This Black Friday was not for me.

Lol
Thankfully I have lots of components and loaded blammo ammo.

As do I.

Loaded a couple hundred 30-06 this morning, consolidated 8 single pound I4035 containers into one 8 pound jug, consolidated my M855 from various places, Found a case of M72......

You just can always use more for later.

Firearms and ammo manufacturers do not have any incentive right now to discount anything when many are struggling to keep up with demand. It makes for a bunch of meh

Waiting in hopes that Inline Fabrication does a sale again. Also hoping Area 419 puts their funnels on a decent discount.

I'll be buying an FTR bipod regardless of Black Friday and placing an order with Brownells and Midway as they have some random shit on sale that I want. Trying not to buy parts for rifles that won't be completed for another 5 years....

I bought Area419 hardware for my 3 rifles so I'm able to use my suppressor. I also want a Warhorse Development bag but I'll probably purchase later since those are still same price.

Not unless somebody has primers listed for sale. 🤷‍♂️😂

I never really do the whole Black Friday thing. I do usually get most of my Christmas shopping done for my kids on cyber Monday though.

im shocked most are having a sale to begin with.. guns and ammo are selling like crazy with no end in sight.

Waiting in hopes that Inline Fabrication does a sale again. Also hoping Area 419 puts their funnels on a decent discount.

I'll be buying an FTR bipod regardless of Black Friday and placing an order with Brownells and Midway as they have some random shit on sale that I want. Trying not to buy parts for rifles that won't be completed for another 5 years....
I got the 419 funnel last year.
It’s very nice.

Definitely a meh year. About the same as every other year though.

I usually buy what I need when I need it. HOWEVER if area 419 was so inclined, I might be tempted into a Zero press.

Well, the whole holiday season is going to be suppressed by COVID.
Dont think I’ll be finding primers under the tree...

I am content, I am good on reloading but I am still waiting on a few backlogs from PRC brass

I bought a Streamlight light from Aim earlier in the week and its arrived, I am just being lazy and have not installed it yet

What I find puzzling is when the websites for primers do not have inventory, BUT are raising prices. I scan for inventory looking at the stock status regularly, not looking at prices. But across-the-board, primer price is∆∆∆∆.

Just nostalgia, I loaded up some handgun ammo with primers from my late father's stock...

Attachments

• PXL_20201116_010310025~2.jpg
    PXL_20201116_010310025~2.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 36
Nothing on sale that really blows my skirt up and I don't like people enough to battle it out in the stores.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Bought alot the last few yrs. If I really want something I just buy it normally. Sales are nice but hard to predict so I prefer to skip the drama.

4th July bought 2 ARC rifles because they were dirt cheap. Last year x2 razor at 1600...

This year I looked through the thread and the only thing I even clicked on was wilson barrels. Ordered a few to have on the shelf...🤷‍♂️

Have a zco on the way but that was already a done deal.

I dont need or want anything really.

Same here.

Didn't really need anything, so didn't waste my time doing the whole virtual shopping thing. Instead spent my time drinking beer, shooting airguns and hanging out with friends and family.

While I was never a big shopper in the first place, any temptation is tampered by the fact I'm a poor student again. Thankfully I fully stocked up on Gucci gear prior to going back to school.

The only thing I would've liked to have seen a sale on was the Primal Rights CPS, but even then I couldn't afford it this year anyways.

Anyways, I had fun not doing any online shopping.

I have bought a few items but overall not really impressed but everything in the firearm world is red hot. Manufacturers probably didn’t need to put out the deals this year.

I've not seen any great deals this black friday, nor for cyber monday. :(

Not even on the computer side of things too.

I took advantage of Area 419’s sale as I needed a 30 cal hellfire to replace the 6mm one I had. Past that, everything I want, I have or it’s not going on sale (I.e I want the zero press, but area 419 made it clear it’s not going on sale so I’ll buy it whenever).

With today's climate, I can't imagine most stores having anything but hard to sell items in stock. It doesn't matter to me anyway. I haven't needed or wanted anything this entire year. With dialysis, I don't shoot much, so I can't see me being a big buyer this year.

HOWEVER, I spent more on my grandson that my wife knows and I don't care. He's going to get spoiled rotten. He's now 3 and a half and he's getting old enough for Pappy to buy things that his mother won't care for. Too bad.

With today's climate, I can't imagine most stores having anything but hard to sell items in stock. It doesn't matter to me anyway. I haven't needed or wanted anything this entire year. With dialysis, I don't shoot much, so I can't see me being a big buyer this year.

HOWEVER, I spent more on my grandson that my wife knows and I don't care. He's going to get spoiled rotten. He's now 3 and a half and he's getting old enough for Pappy to buy things that his mother won't care for. Too bad.
Sounds like he's going to grow up with a spine too :)

Win, win :cool:(y)(y)(y)

I just don’t want or need anything Except a big boomer rifle.
I’m satisfied on bipods, reloading equipment, accessories and just content with the equipment I have now.
Feels weird.
Yarp, agreed. Tripod, bags, maybe a prone mat. IDGAF about ear buds.

Seems like most vendors are meh on Black Friday this year. That said, I didn’t know I needed a Sig kilo3000, but now have one on the way...

The sales were super weak this year, but you can hardly blame companies, they are selling everything they can make at full price and can't keep up with demand. Heck ammo is selling 500% higher than a year ago. So there's very little motivation to give out big sales. Lots of places that had good sales last year did nothing this year, or had just free shipping etc. Fix-it-sticks made a huge deal out of having 15% off some kits, but they run 10% off on facebook constantly. I did MDT and MPA this year, but won't again, it simply wasn't worth the time/hassle, but I appreciate them at least doing something for everyone. I don't think there was a single thing I saw on sale where the sale itself was enough to prompt my purchase, it was all stuff I planned on buying anyway before next season. Very different from previous black friday's were I bought a lot more than intended due to awesome sales.

I bought some small stuff, but nothing significant, not a single purchase over $200, mostly on stuff that outside black friday never goes on sale that I needed, couple brakes, bipod. Also a lot of people already had a ton of ammo stocked up, and have been buying guns/parts etc. at record paces for years now, so there's only so long that people keep buying at that pace. It is interesting to me that while ammo is nowhere to be found, unlike Obama's terms, no one seems too worried about buying all the AR/hi-cap mags up etc. That may or may not bite them in the butt later.

That said there were a few gems, but unless you are really bored or think of it as a sport, it's probably not worth the time to find them, some good ones I saw:

Sig 3000 BDX ~$760 shipped
Magpul PRS Gen 2's $119
B&T's 10% extra off blems
CZ TSO .40 $1300
Kestrel deals were great if you needed a rangefinder or HUD, but nothing else was on sale.

The sales were super weak this year, but you can hardly blame companies, they are selling everything they can make at full price and can't keep up with demand. Heck ammo is selling 500% higher than a year ago. So there's very little motivation to give out big sales. Lots of places that had good sales last year did nothing this year, or had just free shipping etc. Fix-it-sticks made a huge deal out of having 15% off some kits, but they run 10% off on facebook constantly. I did MDT and MPA this year, but won't again, it simply wasn't worth the time/hassle, but I appreciate them at least doing something for everyone. I don't think there was a single thing I saw on sale where the sale itself was enough to prompt my purchase, it was all stuff I planned on buying anyway before next season. Very different from previous black friday's were I bought a lot more than intended due to awesome sales.

I bought some small stuff, but nothing significant, not a single purchase over $200, mostly on stuff that outside black friday never goes on sale that I needed, couple brakes, bipod. Also a lot of people already had a ton of ammo stocked up, and have been buying guns/parts etc. at record paces for years now, so there's only so long that people keep buying at that pace. It is interesting to me that while ammo is nowhere to be found, unlike Obama's terms, no one seems too worried about buying all the AR/hi-cap mags up etc. That may or may not bite them in the butt later.

That said there were a few gems, but unless you are really bored or think of it as a sport, it's probably not worth the time to find them, some good ones I saw:

Sig 3000 BDX ~$760 shipped
Magpul PRS Gen 2's $119
B&T's 10% extra off blems
CZ TSO .40 $1300
Kestrel deals were great if you needed a rangefinder or HUD, but nothing else was on sale.
Where’d you find the magpul that cheap?

Im sure if I had a bit more extra money to spend. I would of took more advantage of the sales. The only thing I was actually lookin got buy is MDT Mlok weights. but that was the only thing. I saw a lot of good deals. But most of it. I already had or I didnt need bad enough to go broke buying it right now.

Reactions: spife7980
Yes, underwhelming this year.

I ordered some odds and ends from Aero Precision today, and noticed that their Black Friday discount was 10%. I’m glad for the discount, of course. As BF discounts go though, it’s smaller than usual. Makes sense, as most of the weapons, uppers, lowers and barrels are out of stock anyway.

As it is, I’ve recently paid above msrp for some items, but I was just glad to find them in stock somewhere.

Reactions: RS14
My whole black friday score consisted of getting a small pack of ground beef at an almost reasonable price.

No luck finding a nintendo switch, nor getting a bite on my WTB ad for a barreled action. Almost bought some stuff I didn't need from Tactical Tailor but resisted the temptation.

Last edited:
I didn't buy anything this year and my wife asked me what I want for Christmas.

Honestly, I would really like to have a full day at the range, playing with different loads and just enjoy shooting.

I've never spent much on holiday sale like Black Friday or Cyber Monday or Xmas etc.. I find myself spending more during the year as I buy what I need and most of the time, I find pretty good deal through out the year so I'never waited.

All of the sales this year seem weak just like last year or the year before .. :/

Reactions: clcustom1911
I just ordered a couple unfinished lowers and a jig, doo-dads, odds and ends with which to assemble things and stuff to my specs when I get home in March 😆

I've gotten so specialized into competition gear the stuff I want never goes on sale. Also, with items flying off the shelves this year retailers don't have to try hard to move merchandise.