• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AMAC 5100 Help

c3006

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2012
East Tn
I'm a newbie here and in no maner consider myself a sniper,but I have acquired a very nice example of the AMAC / Iver Johnson 5100 and was hoping someone on here may be able to steer me toward a owners Manuel for same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. c
f5cd8d0f.jpg

Re: AMAC 5100 Help

I can scan the 4 page owners manual and pdf it. PM me a direct email address and I can email it to you tomorrow.

Cheers,
SA

I always wanted one of those.

Thank you very much Allenst,cam thrue fine and had all the info I needed. c

HI guys!!!
Please forgive me i am new to all this! But i am haveing the same problem. I just picked up a Amac 5100 and this thing looks brand new!!
The guy i bought this from had it since new and did not like the kick!! LOL i am being told that it has never had more then 100 rounds put thru it!! I cant tell if he is right or not but i do know guns and if he has then he took great care of it because inside out this thing looks CHERRY!!!
But my problem is the same as c3006 he has no manual for it. Now he tells me he does and he will find itand that he thinks it is in his safe. Could anyone one help me out??
Thanks alot and i hope one of you guys gets this!! LOL

Man, I haven't seen one of those since Bragg in '91. Nice find...good luck finding a manual though.

The first thing I would do with it is to change the muzzle brake. The brakes on those things were of notorious poor design. I don't know the thread pitch on the barrel, but after removing the brake, it would be easy to measure. This one change will make that thing FAR more enjoyable to shoot!

PM me if you need any suggestions or recommendations finding a new brake.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Scott

Thanks !! i shot it for the first time this past Saturday and it shot dead on!! And it didnt kick at all like i thought. I pulled off a shoulder shot with it didnt hit the target but it didnt put me on my ass either. One thing i was wrong on is it is an Ultimate Accuracy AMAC 5100. Do you guys know if the Scope base has MOA built into it?? Not sure i even know what i am looking for.
I am just getting into this all with this gun. It has been a dream of mine to own a 50BMG it only took 40 years to get it and now i have it!!!!!:):) Anything you guys have to say or can help me with helps out A LOT!!!!