• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AMAZING

Tough Guy

Minuteman
Jul 14, 2006
A hole in the ground
I went into bas pro shop a couple days ago and asked if I could use them as an FFL.I said I wanted to buy a stripped lower for a ar15. They didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. I thought that was purty strange considering they sell firearms but didn't seem to know what a FFL was.
crazy.gif

Re: AMAZING

I had a lower sent to a local sporting goods shop for the transfer. When I went to pick it up the guy just handed it to me and said have a nice day. Of course I said I need to do a transfer on this because it is considered a firearm. The guy told me "no you don't have to do a transfer on gun parts". I explained to him again how it was a firearm and he still didn't get it. I eventually told him to go get his supervisor and even then I had to explain it to him. I got it done but was amazed at how ignorant the guys behind the counter with the guns were.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a lower sent to a local sporting goods shop for the transfer. When I went to pick it up the guy just handed it to me and said have a nice day. Of course I said I need to do a transfer on this because it is considered a firearm. The guy told me "no you don't have to do a transfer on gun parts". I explained to him again how it was a firearm and he still didn't get it. I eventually told him to go get his supervisor and even then I had to explain it to him. I got it done but was amazed at how ignorant the guys behind the counter with the guns were. </div></div>

Well you know it's not THEIR license on the line.... just their bosses! They could care less. I have heard and seen a lot of stupidity come out of some gun shops. Some people just don't have a clue.

I don't know if it's more of not caring or lack of training. I think most of the big box stores are just concerned about filling a position more than making sure that person is qualified to do said position.

I went to a local shop to see if they would accept my FFL transfer and was told no because they have the same gun on their shelf...

can you blame them? maybe it costs 50 bucks more, but it's going into the pocket of a local business. I get your vibe, but they have a valid point too.

The person in charge told me to leave my name and number and she would check it out and get back to me. Never heard another word...

I work in dicks sporting goods in the lodge. And im 20 and i know more about guns then all of my staff which are around 40-50 and have been shooting since they were little. Not to mention i own twice as much guns as them.