• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Amazon... Late Again

P-Squared

Humble Servant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2012
Hey buddies,

For at least the past month, almost all my orders from amazon (lower case) have been late. I've noticed something though, when the 'Guaranteed' delivery date gets here, suddenly the carrier changes to UPS. At first I didn't think anything about it, but then I started to notice some things.

If the delivery date is today, and it's not 'Out For Delivery', the order will be late, the carrier is switched, and no one can find the shipment. It miraculously shows up about 3 days later.

Last week I had a late shipment, followed the UPS tracking number, and it wasn't found until later in the day. Then it was a 'Shipping Label Created' status on the day amazon had 'Guaranteed' my delivery.

If you aren't paying attention from the beginning, it look like UPS is always dropping the ball.

Are any of you guys experiencing the same thing? I know I shouldn't be using amazon, but once you are addicted to crack, it's hard to kick the habit.

I wish one of our smart members would make a plugin for a browser (FireFox fisrt) where you could EXCLUDE things like amazon or any other criteria you wanted.

Then it would force people like Jeff to fix their operations. Imagine if suddenly amazon lost 15% of their revenue.

I'm not advocating a boycott, however talk about voting with your dollars... better than woke.

</ rant off>

;)

Hey buddies,

For at least the past month, almost all my orders from amazon (lower case) have been late. I've noticed something though, when the 'Guaranteed' delivery date gets here, suddenly the carrier changes to UPS. At first I didn't think anything about it, but then I started to notice some things.

If the delivery date is today, and it's not 'Out For Delivery', the order will be late, the carrier is switched, and no one can find the shipment. It miraculously shows up about 3 days later.

Last week I had a late shipment, followed the UPS tracking number, and it wasn't found until later in the day. Then it was a 'Shipping Label Created' status on the day amazon had 'Guaranteed' my delivery.

If you aren't paying attention from the beginning, it look like UPS is always dropping the ball.

Are any of you guys experiencing the same thing? I know I shouldn't be using amazon, but once you are addicted to crack, it's hard to kick the habit.

I wish one of our smart members would make a plugin for a browser (FireFox fisrt) where you could EXCLUDE things like amazon or any other criteria you wanted.

Then it would force people like Jeff to fix their operations. Imagine if suddenly amazon lost 15% of their revenue.

I'm not advocating a boycott, however talk about voting with your dollars... better than woke.

</ rant off>

;)
Well, I just cancelled my Prime Membership because of AMZN "Sidewalk". If you don't know what it is, you should do some research.

You need an electronic feature for you to stop giving money to someone that's trying to exterminate you?

Prime member here and have yet to have any actual problems. One of my items a few months ago was deemed as "undeliverable" which is just their way of saying they lost it in transit. No biggie because one tap of my phone and a replacement was sent out. Amazon Prime is like heroin for me.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Well, I just cancelled my Prime Membership because of AMZN "Sidewalk". If you don't know what it is, you should do some research.
Thats crazy. Im not a prime member and only have one smart device in my home.....my smartphone.

That Amazon Sidewalk thing is only for IP cams such as Ring and those speaker things like Alexa and Echo. Don't have those thing, then no need to worry. Even if you do have those things you can turn Sidewalk off just like how you can turn off your location being shared on Google.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeavyAssault