• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Amend2 6.5 grendel AR magazine issues

Islas82

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
North Las Vegas
After waiting for a couple months I finally got one of the new amend2 polymer 6.5 grendel AR magazines in the mail. I have been running metal ASC magazines on my MDT LSS XL AR chassis for some time now and the they work well but I have always felt that there was room for improvement. I noticed that theres a lot of wiggle room when I inserted the magazine, already a bad sign, I loaded the magazine to capacity (10 rounds) and some of the wiggle was gone but not all, once started working the bolt The first 4 rounds were FTF the rest of the rounds fed with no issues and quite smoothly which is what I was hoping for. Part of me is disappointed but then again these mags are designed for AR rifles and perhaps not bolt guns? Its a $18 magazine so I really don’t even want to go thru the inconvenience of a return. Maybe if I get rid of some of that movement in the well the issue can be fixed, any recommendations on how I can do that? Tape, Velcro? Any advice is really appreciated.

Reactions: Atomic donut
Thank you for posting this. I was contemplating on getting some of these in FDE since I’m trying to color code my magazines but I think I’ll just wait for the ASC FDE mags to come back in stock.

Reactions: Islas82
What's the limit on COAL for those things? I've got a 6 grendel that might get some if they allow long enough reloads.

2.26” is max overall per Mfg. They delayed these for months for completion of testing and have come out of the gate with issues still. They had an opportunity to do something meaningful if they could successfully get an OAL in the 2.28-2.3 range but stuck with 2.26. At that point, I gave up on them, as ASC is just a more reliable product, with history of use and longer OAL’s possible.

Reactions: Islas82