• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Air Arms Paradigm

woogie_man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2010
Fargo, ND
Was able to get out and get some testing done. Started with the 25.4gr pellets at 950 fps, and then went to some Zan slugs in the same grain. Was hitting the round target with a center flapper with ease. 50 yards was no question, 100 yards was just as easy, 200 was a little more of a test but still very doable.

The ability to adjust the regulator and fine tune is awesome! The added consistency that the new plenum extension adds was seen for sure. Was averaging 909fps with a spread of a few fps. Planning on running the Paradigm in the next NRL22 match.

20230920_183507.jpg

Looking at the rifle and the private range. 50 yard berm with the scope check plate from Atlas target works.
20230920_183514.jpg

KYL rack at 40 yards, gong with center flapper at 100 yards ( center flapper is size of golf ball ), and the 200 yard plate.
20230920_183550.jpg

View through the Tract Torric scope looking at the 100 yard target. With pellets it was EXTREMELY easy to smack the center of this target. With slugs it was just as easy, but slugs are far more expensive.

These rifles are amazingly accurate and a blast to shoot. Couldn't decide which was more fun the Paradigm or my RimX.

Reactions: crackerbrown
Haven't heard of the paradigm is that a new model, I have a 357 slayer that I need to tear down and reseal, I've never got the accuracy that others have bragged about with theirs, but I haven't given up yet either.

It is one of Tom's newer models, but it has been out for a year or so. It shares the internals of the Evol, just a little different trigger group and stock.

Screenshot_20231007_134534_FX Radar.jpg

Here is a start at tuning with some lighter weight slugs, NSA 20.2 grain. Plenty of room to move for heavier slugs as well.

Screenshot_20231004_165401_FX Radar.jpg

These shots were with NSA 30.4 grain slugs. Again room to increase speed as well.

This was with the externally adjustable regulator and Tom's new plenum design. Was able to get some parts before rhet are out on the market. Should be able to get some good speeds with the new parts.