• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater American Guns

A&8's

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • So, I just got internet fast enough to stream (yeah, yeah, I know. But there is a price for living in the sticks).
    Anyway, I got Hulu and been watching old episodes of “American Gun,” a 1 season series about a gun shop in Denver, Co. named ‘Gunsmoke.’
    Is this place for real? I mean, some of the shit that’s on there is outrageous. Especially their custom pricing. Watching episode 10 and they’re charging a dude $19-20K for a “custom” .50, that is supposed to be the best for a long range rifle. Also, the owner just offered a dude a half a Mil for an OG Walker pistol (contingent upon authenticity.)
    I know TV is TV, but is this a real shop?
    As a ‘positive’, the kid who does engraving looks like he knows his shit. But the “‘smith”, I mean, really....he sits down while running his lathe, all the while sporting a Brownells apron just asking to get wrapped up in the lathe.

Read more about that place. It was real. I remember another board a guy there said you went to his shop to look at stuff, decided if you wanted it, then went elsewhere to order it for a much better price. Turns out the owner has some serious legal issues, which caused the series to go off the air quickly. Between that show and the gunsmiths in the South (Sons of Guns?) where the owner went to prison for pedophilia, I'm thinking the producers/networks went for gunshop owners that would help push their agenda of making us look like fools. I do recall those shows and the back room guys had better heads on their shoulders than the front men. A few interesting items would come on screen. But most was stupid TV drama. And careful looking to hard at the owner's daughter. She is 15 or 16 in those episodes.

2 seasons 2011-12. Some of the show wasn't too bad; certainly a lot better than Sons of Guns. Son seemed to have engraving talent. Daughter was a hottie and has to be in mid/late 20s by now.

How'd you like the owner always taking a helicopter to go see someone's private collection that he was thinking about buying (at least in the few episodes I watched)?

This on Sons of Guns:

Will Hayden: Will has no possibility of parole, so he’ll spend the rest of his life in jail.