• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American made LRF binoculars?

TacosGigante

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2013
VA
Are there any US made laser range finder binoculars on the market? I know Leupold made some but they appear to be discontinued. Bonus points if they are decent and under ~ $1500.

Thanks

Reactions: diverdon
Probably not what you want for price but take a look at the Wilcox Raptar.

Thanks all. I'm not surprised but wanted to confirm. I was also looking at a gunwerks LRF but given their situation I'm worried about warranty service.

Vortex Fury HD 5000 10x42 Laser Rangefinding Binocular - you won't have to worry about warranty,
& they'll range stuff further than you can shoot

Vortex Fury HD 5000 10x42 Laser Rangefinding Binocular - you won't have to worry about warranty,
& they'll range stuff further than you can shoot
Thanks. Are those made in the US? I thought they were made in the PRC.

IDK, website doesn't say CoO, but it does say - Fury® HD 5000 binoculars join all other Vortex® products in that they are completely covered by our unbeatable VIP Warranty, and that includes electronic components!
  • UNLIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
  • FULLY TRANSFERABLE
  • NO RECEIPT NEEDED

"How can you legit range targets with those?"

I'm guessing you meant how far can they legitimately range a target.

I don't really know. I range cattle 1000yds + daily, IPSC targets on the range 1250yds consistently.
I have ranged Reflective targets like a metal hay barn 2750 to 3270yd with mine since I got them a couple months ago

"How can you legit range targets with those?"

I'm guessing you meant how far can they legitimately range a target.

I don't really know. I range cattle 1000yds + daily, IPSC targets on the range 1250yds consistently.
I have ranged Reflective targets like a metal hay barn 2750 to 3270yd with mine since I got them a couple months ago
Are cattle the same as deer/elk for ranging? Topic has me watching as I also need a better device.

Why do people care about this.... American doesn't really have a sporting optics industry. All of the "glass" is made elsewhere. EDIT* Basically everything besides the Vortex AMG...

Last edited:
The same folks that worry about that buy ford, chevy or dodge.
If you want an American made pickup, buy a Tundra. They are made in San Antonio, not mexico or Canada like the "big three"

I was largely just curious, though I will admit to feeling a bit less sanguine about buying PRC made gear nowadays.

"The same folks that worry about that buy ford, chevy or dodge."

Isn't the Ram 1500 made in Sterling Heights, Michigan and the US sold F150s in Dearborn, Michigan?

I think the Silverado 1500 is made in Saltillo, MX though.

"The same folks that worry about that buy ford, chevy or dodge."

Isn't the Ram 1500 made in Sterling Heights, Michigan and the US sold F150s in Dearborn, Michigan?

I think the Silverado 1500 is made in Saltillo, MX though.
And the Super Duty is still made in KY.

Yeah but a lot of the parts aren’t
lol....ok, "assembled" in KY.

Wonder if there is any vehicle, assembled in any country, of parts sourced only from that country. Willing to bet that ship sailed decades ago.