• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Reloading shipping problems

MAHLMAN

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Has anyone else who has placed an order in the last month or so had trouble getting product? I have two right now with "labels created" but no shipping updates from FedEx except label created. In general I am quite pleased with the prices of what I have bought there but it seems shipping is having real problems now. Emails using their forms do not get results either.

How about a phone call? I've found suppliers are inundated with backlog email, but the reputable ones will usually pick up the phone.

Reactions: Schütze
I have done 3 orderrs with them recently (all for bullets) and not had any real problems. On the first two orders, it was about a week between the label being created and actual shipping. Third order shipped after a one day delay.

For powder, they used to have a limit of how many pounds of powder they could put on the FedEx truck that came to pick things up. So that can create a backlog of powder orders waiting to go out.

I have done 3 orderrs with them recently (all for bullets) and not had any real problems. On the first two orders, it was about a week between the label being created and actual shipping. Third order shipped after a one day delay.

For powder, they used to have a limit of how many pounds of powder they could put on the FedEx truck that came to pick things up. So that can create a backlog of powder orders waiting to go out.
I have had four orders recently and three got here quick. I think they are confusing two orders as they keep sending me picture of delivery "proof" for the same one but they have yet to do so for the missing one. I have saved a ton of money with them and I am thinking of just writing this one off as it was only $59.

Well it is not getting any better and I can't find a phone number so stuck with email only. Anyway ordered 4000 and got 2000 this week. Last order until they fix my problems. I have been pleased up until this month when they just fell apart on me.

Attachments

• short 1.jpg
    short 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 32
  • short 2.jpg
    short 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 33
I've bought from them over the years. Shipping is like PSA. Sometimes it gets shipped asap..other times it takes 7-10 days.

Worth weighing what you received for an approx count. They do not fill boxes up evenly/uniformly. I received .224 and .308 bullets that came in 3 boxes where I was expectiong 4 boxes of them. But the total weight was correct for what I ordered. I think they throw a few boxes on a scale and whomever is working just fills them to the total weight needed for the order/bullet count.

Today there is an update. I got a sales blurb from American today and on there was this email address.
[email protected]
So I sent an email to that address and had a reply within an hour. They went on to say that the email to contact customer support on their online contact form was often failing to get through. Now why they would leave it there with known trouble I don't know. In any case once the right email is used they do reply and I assume will take care of me. So after a month of trying an apparently defunct email address the one mentioned above worked like a champ.

Well today AR agreed to send me 2000 bullets though they are not the ones in question. However I suggested their JSP-223 Mix as a substitute and they said yes. Allready have some of those and there were numerous TBBC and Nosler 64g Bonded Solid Base in all of the boxes. I would say at least half were those two and the rest soft points of various types. It took a while to get somewhere but once the right email was found they have been great to deal with.