• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Co actions

Don’t think an arc action could bind. Also if your really wanting the cats ass with light bolt lift then spend a little extra and get the Archimedes

Struggling to decide between a Nuke and Origin.
I like my Nukes just a tad more than my Origin. With the 16# spring my Nuke is about 1/2# heaver on the bolt lift...but the way a Nuke chambers the round and closes is the shizzz. As others have stated it's almost like it closes itself. And now the Nuke has a built in recoil lug and is made of a stronger steel. Plus I like the bolt knob more than any of the Origin designs...

But they are both great actions and you can't go wrong with either.

I have a Archimedes 6.5 creed and a Mausingfield in .338 Norma Improved and I love both of the actions.

I also have a Mack bros and have had blueprinted 700's.

I have shot tiny groups with all of them. Buy what you like, spend more time shooting than talking about what you want to buy. Learn how to load ammo.

I had a TT Special in it but didn't make sure it was timed. Honestly don't know how to.

All the Origins now come with a U15(15 thousandths under) cocking piece which is timed to the Triggertech Triggers, so you wont have to worry about doing it yourself or sending them your action. So you are GTG with a Triggertech on an Origin.

TM6

Reactions: long range sponge
I have a Archimedes 6.5 creed and a Mausingfield in .338 Norma Improved and I love both of the actions.

I also have a Mack bros and have had blueprinted 700's.

I have shot tiny groups with all of them. Buy what you like, spend more time shooting than talking about what you want to buy. Learn how to load ammo.

This is a good response.

There are a lot of options. I don't think there are really any bad ones. Just some have different features then others. I like the CRF and mechanical ejector. There are other options, with those features and I'm sure I would have been happy with however I like the engineering that went into the Mousingfield and Archimedes.

I have both the nuke and an origin. I pre-ordered my nuke. The design was so revolutionary and amazing, Ted changed it several times since. My nuke was shipped with a 16# spring and I couldn't get more than 5 rounds off without a failure to fire. I paid for a 19# spring and I thought I fixed the problem. Started shooting matches and had failures to fire during my second match. Bought the 25# spring and it's seems to finally work. But now bolt lift is comically bad.

I bought the origin and so far it just works. ARC is never getting another dime of my money unless it's in the form of spare parts because the nuke yet again has failed. Maybe the new nuke design is better, but I really don't appreciate being an unofficial beta tester.

I've got three ARC action's, all LH. A Nucleus gen 1, #13 produced, never have had any issues with it, still runs the 16# spring. I also have the Barloc system on it, and have never had any issues with it.
A Nucleus gen 2, really like the new bolt release on it as well as the integrated recoil lug. I also installed a 16# spring in it, and have zero problems using it.
And an Archimedes action. While it's a nice action, I don't find it any better than my Nucleus actions for my shooting.
The first custom action that I ever bought was a Shilen DGR (Stiller), and the ARC action's operate 10x better than it does, and it's a decent action.