• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

American Rifle Company Mags

I just bought one to try in my 260 savage.
Not as smooth as AI's but they do work and the exrta length capacity is nice.

Alternatively, I just saw Jon Addis of Area419 post a video of a 5-round AICS mag with his mag extension attached, making it a short 10-round mag. He has a video on his Facebook page and it cycled perfectly with 6.5x47. I may check one out myself.

The follower sucks on these things! I filed the wings and still had 3/4'th round nose dive. I swapped out with aics 5round follower and seems to be running better. Also had to weld a bit on "mag release ledge" and file new ledge so the mag would lock up tighter in my M5 Enhanced DBM.( super sloppy and low hanging before) Not to mention opening up lips so my TL2 bolt doesn't drive right over the case head. I'm not impressed! I know no one on the hide likes to be negative, especially on a good company like ARC but these mags do not live up to the standards TED is known for. Cost me time and a couple points at the last match I shot. Btw I'm running TL2 6.5x47 from PVA so you know it's not the action

I am also running a TL2 from PVA and can't get mine to work... went back to Accurate Mags form XLR and they seem to run fine.

Still looking to trade my ARC for an AX double stack mag.

My brand new arc mag sticks down in the front 9-10 times. Little disappointed. Looks like I'll have to tear it apart and file on it a bit or something

Yep, I just got another new one and that's standard practice for me. File off the wings on the front of the follower, finish it with very fine sandpaper or steel wool to get it super smooth and reduce any friction between the follower and the walls of the mag. I even put a super thin film of silicone spray lubricant on the follower and inside of the mag and then wipe it as clean as possible. Seems to help prevent any hangups in the mag. Several matches shot with the mags, wet/muddy conditions, dusty conditions, no issues.

I didn't need to do anything to my Alpha Ind. 10 round double stacks for them to work properly.

I'd like to fix this issue by making a better follower. Can anyone describe in detail (pics help) what needs to change about the current follower?

I know this is an old thread but this is what I have found. In my Remington 700s , Manners T4A with Badger bottom metal, in 308 and 6.5 Creedmoore the mag will not work. I've replaced the follower and no change. I was ready to trash it until I get a Tika T3X in 6.5 Creedmoore and in a Manners T4A with Graybo bottom metal and it works flawlessly, not complaining about the results but any idea why?

some people get them to work with a new follower

but the general consensus is to not get them. shame cause they're a nice height if you cant run AW mags

I know this is an old thread but this is what I have found. In my Remington 700s , Manners T4A with Badger bottom metal, in 308 and 6.5 Creedmoore the mag will not work. I've replaced the follower and no change. I was ready to trash it until I get a Tika T3X in 6.5 Creedmoore and in a Manners T4A with Graybo bottom metal and it works flawlessly, not complaining about the results but any idea why?

Stacking tolerances... I ran them without issue with a Mausingfield/Foundation/Hawkins BDM set up for 2 seasons. Eventually I had to replace the springs and they still ran, but they would decide to fail at completely random times... Too many points lost to keep fighting with them...

Reactions: armydog
They ran well in my savage in an element and they run well in my nucleus in an element.
They even feed 7 saum well in my nucleus

I mostly shoot in the woods or up in the mountains so I don’t see really nasty blowing sand and such.

I do think the follower could use some tweaking.

I don’t discount people having issues with them.

Reactions: armydog