• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company New Archimedes Action, New Xylo Chassis, and major Mausingfield revision

@karagias

Will the Archimedes Long Action barrel threads still be backward compatible with the Nucleus Short Action since it'll now have integrated recoil lug?

I ask because I've already put in orders for two barrels at PVA.

Hopefully i can get the action before the barrels get made so i can ship it to Josh for measurements.

Thanks! Can't wait for the Archimedes, gonna run 300 PRC on it.

Reactions: Robby0931
I guess I'll say it again, but no one will believe it until Ted says it, but they ALL have 1.0625x20 TPI threads with about a .680" tennon (receiver OR lug face to bolt face minus 10-15 thou clearance), and usually about 0.145" GO gauge exposure off the breech face for them to headspace. Mausingfield, Nucleus, Archimedes, long and short actions all the same.

The barloc adds ~.595" to that for a 1.275" long tennon, and still .145" GO gauge exposure. YMMV, check your action for exact numbers, maybe you want different clearances than I do, but I've run 3 barrels to those specs now and they all interchange between my S/A MF and L/A Nuke no problem.

As of now the Mausingfield and Nuke interface drawings at the barrel tennon are identical and they’re pretty much identical to what ledzep listed.

So what advantage is there to having the port by your face?

Archimedes is the next proiority, and that's going well, followed by the Xylo chassis.

@karagias I'm patiently waiting for my XYLO. I shoot NRA highpower and I love my JAE-700 chassis, but it isn't as good as it could be because I can't adjust it quickly between stages. I believe that, as you have described it, the XYLO will solve that problem.

If you need some pre-release feedback from an east coast highpower shooter let me know, I'd love to cut my wait time shorter, I mean help out the team!!!

Keep up the great work and thanks for all the updates recently.
Regards,
Ross

@karagias I'm patiently waiting for my XYLO. I shoot NRA highpower and I love my JAE-700 chassis, but it isn't as good as it could be because I can't adjust it quickly between stages. I believe that, as you have described it, the XYLO will solve that problem.

If you need some pre-release feedback from an east coast highpower shooter let me know, I'd love to cut my wait time shorter, I mean help out the team!!!

Keep up the great work and thanks for all the updates recently.
Regards,
Ross
highpower with a JAE? and this is the upgrade?

curious why you dont go Tubb T2k/ATR or an Elisio?

highpower with a JAE? and this is the upgrade?

curious why you dont go Tubb T2k/ATR or an Elisio?

I have an Elisio, and Gary makes a great product. I shoot it very well, the ability to offset the stock in standing is very helpful.
But, the heart wants what it wants....and I want a stock that works like a chassis.

Reactions: b6graham
Damn that clamp on rail just murders the clean lines of the action.
The action with rail mounted on top never had clean lines. There's nothing clean about a Pic rail. Granted, the previous rail didn't have the clamp bosses that the new one does, but those disappear under the rings. When you see it in real life, it will look well proportioned. I intentionally drew attention to it with the renderings.

Ted

I’m glad I stuck with my deposit now. Was having major second thoughts. Looks like the Mausingfield action will be what people want it to be.

Holy mission creep, what the feck? :eek:

As someone that put money down on the Archimedes, I feel the need to speak up.

This new setup, the threads in the aluminum rail will fail and using the fasteners as quasi shear lugs will contribute to the problem. Is there a Heli-Coil in there?

With the integral recoil lug do you also basically start with enough material to make an action with integrated Pic rail?

I'd rather have an integrated Pic rail or something fully constrained like the original Mausingfield rail interface. If you were to use that mating taper design in two pads on each side of the ejection port you could still make it work with rings or a rail.

Regards,
Dan

What kind of support will there be for legacy M5 receivers? What about rails and small parts that are obsolete for the M7?

Do I need to do and end-of-life buy for spare parts for an M5?
thats the question i have with every new action out there....

Holy mission creep, what the feck? :eek:

As someone that put money down on the Archimedes, I feel the need to speak up.

This new setup, the threads in the aluminum rail will fail and using the fasteners as quasi shear lugs will contribute to the problem. Is there a Heli-Coil in there?

With the integral recoil lug do you also basically start with enough material to make an action with integrated Pic rail?

I'd rather have an integrated Pic rail or something fully constrained like the original Mausingfield rail interface. If you were to use that mating taper design in two pads on each side of the ejection port you could still make it work with rings or a rail.

Regards,
Dan

I don't want the clamp on rail for my two Archimedes on order. I am happy with the Nucleus style rail on my two Nuclei.

Reactions: character0
I don't want the clamp on rail for my two Archimedes on order. I am happy with the Nucleus style rail on my two Nuclei.

I'm not seeing where the Archimedes rail design has changed. All the rail conversations and images on the previous pages are for the Mausingfield.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dooby
Yes, pls keep the Archimedes with the rail and not the dovetail. Although, there was no mention of that for the Archimedes, just the Mausingfield.

Reactions: character0
I'm not seeing where the Archimedes rail design has changed. All the rail conversations and images on the previous pages are for the Mausingfield.

I do see where Ted mentions that the Archimedes rail design has not been finalized. This would be due to the change from using the Nucleus recoil lug to an integral lug. So, we shall see.

Yes, pls keep the Archimedes with the rail and not the dovetail. Although, there was no mention of that for the Archimedes, just the Mausingfield.
Any reason you wouldn't want direct mount baked into the action? Having the ability to direct mount or run picatinny rail sound amazing. You can direct mount to eliminate a variable out of the setup if your chasing bench levels of accuracy or if you have limited budget you can use the elevated picatinny to give more budget friendly scopes more usable adjustment range. For prs or elr I can see the picatinny being useful too.(obviously the same can be done with rings but will most likely cost more) I can see this expanding the actions versatility without any real compromise. I see as a win for the budget oriented shooters, the money's no object shooter, bench rest, prs, elr or hunting

Timeline of the actions delivery is the only issue I could see? Maybe I'm missing something but I'm struggling to see the issues...

Ted, when can we expect the Archimedies to start shipping? Are we still looking at this month for the initial orders?

I was called Thursday from ARC about my Nucleus action and asked about my Archimedes and was told shipping in about a month.

Reactions: ElvisUSMC
I need to order one of the lefty Mausingfield LA Norma mag bolt head.... Hopefully ill get one ordered soon

I just got a Triggertech Diamond from the Area 419 Father's Day sale for my long action Archimedes build. I hope I don't have to wait much longer for my action or Xylo chassis.

Now I need to figure out the magazine situation to make .284 Winchester work well.

Last edited:
American Rifle Company Archimedes Action, Xylo Chassis, and major Mausingfield revision.

American Rifle Company proudly introduces the Archimedes Bolt Action, the Xylo Chassis, and a major upgrade to the Mausingfield.

The Archimedes embodies the most significant advancement in the design of bolt actions since they were first invented in 19th century. It features a novel pivoting bolt handle that gives you the mechanical advantage to extract even the most stubbornly stuck cases. Your ability to extract cartridges without the use of tools is now limited only by the strength of the case rim. And since bolt rotation is no longer necessary for case extraction, the rotary motion is entirely dedicated to cocking, making cycling the bolt as easy as it gets. We have also captured lessons learned from our experience with the both the Mausingfield and Nucleus actions thus leaving the Archimedes with a peer.

Our new Xylo chassis captures the input and suggestions provided to us by some of the top shooters from all over the country. Keith Sanderson deserves special recognition and thanks for his assistance with the design of the chassis. Highlights include rapid length-of-pull adjustment for transitioning between the prone and any other position and a grip that truly works with your hand to get your finger back on the trigger as consistently as possible. The grip is also designed so that you can place your thumb directly behind or even on top of the receiver tang giving your hand that desirable pivot point for cycling the bolt. We designed the chassis to feel like a target stock and not like an AR-15.

Lastly, our beloved Mausingfield has undergone a major upgrade. Enhancements include an extractor-side locking-lug guide rail that cooperates beautifully with its Mauser extractor to effectively resist bolt binding, a redesigned bolt stop that matches those of the Nucleus and the Archimedes for durability, and a redesigned bayonet style bolt shroud enabling you to easily remove the striker assembly without the use of tools. But perhaps best of all is the reduction of bolt rotation from 90 to 83 degrees that increases the clearance between the scope and your thumb when cycling the bolt. Lastly, the ejection port has been enlarged for better top-loading access through a mag well that can now accommodate AI CS mags as well as BDL style bottom metal, and yes, it can handle long Wyatt mag boxes.

Please visit our website to learn more about our new products and if you’re in Vegas for the Shot Show, come visit us at booth number 20459.

American Rifle Company

The pics below are renderings. The real thing will be at Shot Show, booth 20459. I'll try and make a video or two before then.

Finally, we could not have done any of this without the support our beloved customers. Your business means the world to us and it’s what makes the development of new products possible. Thanks to all of you who have supported us over the years. 2019 will be the year that American Rifle Company commits itself to improving the customer experience and to reducing the wait times of products. So, on behalf of everyone at American Rifle Company, thanks again for your business and for enabling us to do what we love to do, make guns.

Sincerely,

Ted

View attachment 7007105View attachment 7007106View attachment 7007107View attachment 7007108
Congratulations on the Archimedes!
It's not often that something so revolutionary comes along. I saw the Xylo video and the grip, and info sound interesting and I will be following with interest as it develops. The design seems very functional and lightweight but right now is still a little rough on the eye, and integrated ambidextrous QD flushcups on the forend and buttstock would be nice, maybe even an option for a bag rider.

10 months, but i ordered through PVA as a barreled action.

This month isn't looking much promising either gents, spoke with arc yesterday said they have all action serialized & waiting for anodizing & bolt knobs "shooting for August".

When I ordered the action, all I cared was getting the action so I could put it together for the GAP Grind in October. I'm truly hoping that still happens

When I ordered the action, all I cared was getting the action so I could put it together for the GAP Grind in October. I'm truly hoping that still happens

If it’s like my Nucleus last year I got the invoice at the end of August and the action the beginning of September with a sub 200 serial number.

Every month they push it another month back they were suppose to be out "May" with pre-orders.

I think we all walked into this knowing May wasn't happening, at least if you had been a around for the nuclei.
I was, my bud was waiting a year & 3 months for his, and was hoping they were more prepared and learned from the
nucleus