• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company Scope Rings

IgnatiusJR

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
United States
Hello everyone. Today at the gun range, I had a chance to shoot a Sako TRG in .338 Lapua topped of with a U.S. Optics scope. Sweet gun, but what really intrigued me were the scope rings. They were American Rifle Company rings, and I went to there website to learn more about them. Does anyone use these rings? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

American Rifle Company

Re: American Rifle Company Scope Rings

Haven't used them.
You probably already know this, but badger and nightforce work great on everything I have used.

I would be intersted to hear how these are working for folks as well. They appear to be problematic with a hinged top they remind me of the old Weaver rings that had screws on just one side and it was a pain to get the scope plumb level and square to the bore because as you tightened the ring it would twist the scope in the mount. I will be sticking to my Badger and Mark4 rings for now as I like being able to cross bolt the rings when mounting the scope. Certainly if someone has used these rings for an extended period of time with a considerable amount of rounds down range please let us know what you think.

I read the technical data on American Rifle Co's website, and the design supposedly eliminates the scope rotating when the screws are torqued. Also, the dovetail mounts that engage the rail are crowned, kind of like my super expensive Snap-On Flankdrive wrenches. And I can tell you those wrenches grab a flat surface of a bolt far far better than a traditional wrench. It turns out the company is about 20 minutes from my house, so I will pay them a visit. I think I will be a guinea pig and try these rings out and let you all know how they work.

The owner called me this week to see if I wanted to be a dealer for him. Sounds like the media blitz is on.

They also made me think of the old Weaver rings.Looks like there would be the same problems.The Weavers did pioneer the style base that all of the good rings now use,and for this we owe them a thank you. Pete

Does anyone have positive/negative feedback for these rings since June 2010 when this thread was started? I don't see them listed in the manufacturer's section on Triad Tactical's website.

I'm using a pair with the Steiner 5-25 I just got. Very nice rings with an unique design. I will admit cranking all screws to 65 in-lb was kinda nerve racking though.

I bought a set of 34mm, I'm actually pretty impressed with them, plenty of surface area, they seem to tighten up very well. I didn't bother lapping them like I usually do I thought the fit was good from the start. they have been mounted about 30 days now and I have shot about 300 rounds under them, time will tell but so far so good. There engineering seems to make sense.

I bought a set from Short Action Precision. I like the design a lot. No shifting of your scope while tightening them up. 65in lbs seems like a lot, but they work great.

The owner called me this week to see if I wanted to be a dealer for him. Sounds like the media blitz is on.

I think you're right on! Every once in a while there appears to be a new torch bearer for a given product, I'll stick with the very tried and true Badger and Ken Ferrell rings. I'm not saying a "new" design can't be better, but as 'Lightman' points out-they make me think of the old Weaver rings too, maybe not as 90 degree-ish, but remind me of them in any case.

Wow, zombie thread from 2010.

Here is a link to a more recent ARC rings thread with some more information.
American rifle company rings???

I also just got an E-mail from Ted this weekend that the latest gen ARC QD-L mount will be heading my way for a review shortly.

The BigJim. Not sure why the more recent thread you linked didn't come up when I did a search on this forum for "American Rifle Company"!?!? I've been looking at one piece mounts that have a built in level. Apparently my set up to the rifle is fairly canted, so the level is a must have at this point. All of the reviews look great. I'm looking forward to your review. Also, which scopes will be included in the 1-8 showdown?

Edit to add: The newer thread was in the scope forum. I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
I just start using these rings, they work great on the ar I mounted them on. Probably the easiest rings I have mounted I love the hinge design

I just ordered a set of the M10 QD-L. I'm going to mount a Vortex Razor on a custom .308 barreled action, purchased on snipershide, that is mounted in a Manners T5 mini chassis. I ordered directly from American Rifle. The set I ordered was out of stock, and I had an email from Ted within a few minutes of placing the order letting me know. I went with a different height, and they're being shipped today. If the rings are as good as the service, then I'm going to be sitting pretty.

The BigJim. Not sure why the more recent thread you linked didn't come up when I did a search on this forum for "American Rifle Company"!?!? I've been looking at one piece mounts that have a built in level. Apparently my set up to the rifle is fairly canted, so the level is a must have at this point. All of the reviews look great. I'm looking forward to your review. Also, which scopes will be included in the 1-8 showdown?

Edit to add: The newer thread was in the scope forum. I'm an idiot.

At this time it looks like the scopes will be:

Leupold Mark 8 1-8x and Mark 6 1-6x
One of the USO SR8 flavors that has the flashdot,
March ffp 1-8x,
Bushnell 1-8.5x,
and possibly the S&B 1-8x if it materializes.
For reference the GRSC (Norden Performance) 1-6x and Elcan Specter DR 1/4x will be present.

I have 30mm m3's and 34mm m10's, the m10 is a really nice set of rings. No rotation when clamping up the scope, and have about 1200 rounds of 243 downrange with them, no scope related issues to speak of. The M3's are much lower profile, but rotate the scope a bit when being clamped.

Looking forward to that review BigJimFish. I'm planning on using a 1-6 or 1-8 on my 300 BLK SBR. Used primarily for hog hunting in south texas brush, but would like to be able to look at things up close at 200 yards if need be.