• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company Special 4th of July Offer

Appreciate that. I would just want confirmation that a special weekend offer, even at the company's site, would qualify for that Division. If the rifle was normally 3k and they offered it at 2 or 2.5, would one print it out and laminate it along with their receipt that they purchased it at the time? I'm just trying to clarify how the Rules Committee would deem what's allowable. A timed purchase or that item based on historical MSRP?

I know many MANY shooters quickly go on beyond Production and it's apparently not as popular, but I think that the encouragement of not only Production-level, but what I was calling Jaeger or Hunter class- where a rifle might have a 1k max MSRP and a scope 1.5k (I think the present rule to let Production rifles be 2.5 and scopes at 2 is backwards); also that Jaeger class might have targets maxed at 600 yards-- like golf courses where holes have different tees...
I am new to this, but would love to see the sport flourish; to not become a purchasable result or even status. I think the shooting public and the ranges that serve them (and even hunting) would benefit from having an affordable entry level into year-round competition; the Production level is mid-level, not introductory for most. Just as there used to be trap fields everywhere, a few more rifle ranges of greater magnitude that saw greater use would be of benefit to all Americans.
(every golf course you pass is a waste of a good rifle range)-- think I will add that to my signature.
p.s. Thanks for reading these ramblings this far ;)

Last edited:
Anyone received a shipping notification yet? I am looking forward to my first "real" rifle :cool:

Anyone else waiting on a tracking number? Not in a rush, just curious if my LGS dropped the ball.

Mine shipped today!!! Crap...gonna need another scope...

Oops, mine is scheduled for Thursday. Today I got a DT SRS A2 Covert delivered :)

@karagias - About how long on the $2500 builds on the website? I had originally had a deposit on a PVA but bailed after a year of waiting. Would love to be able to get it to something ARC for $2500 all built, real, in-stock, no BS, no excuses, send it to my FFL ;) Of course I missed the $1999 sale, but even at $2500 its still a huge value

@karagias - So if both rifles are within the PRS production rules...are yall going to offer rebarreling once we shoot these out? Never tried PRS but I may just have to now...

Mine got delivered today but ffl is sick and went home. Not coming back till Monday :(

Picked my 6.5 up from the FFL today....what a beautiful rifle! First thing I did was blue loctite all the bolts that I will never touch. Then I swapped to a TT Primary with a flat blade. Have been dry firing the crap out of it and things are already loosening up. It even came with a nice torx wrench that fits most everything on the stock. Will be taking it out Wed to see what it does...

Got mine the other day. I must say, I'm not a chassis guy, but damn. The chassis on this thing is in a class of its own. If the mag support design really does allow for the mag to serve as a barrier stop, this will be amazing. This is some kinda of system. Very happy so far. Going to order the weight kit tomorrow.

Got mine the other day. I must say, I'm not a chassis guy, but damn. The chassis on this thing is in a class of its own. If the mag support design really does allow for the mag to serve as a barrier stop, this will be amazing. This is some kinda of system. Very happy so far. Going to order the weight kit tomorrow.

Using an ARC mag, I have pushed against barriers with more force than is probably reasonable to test it out. Have yet to have any issues with feeding. Another plus for the ARC mags is they click into the chassis so effortlessly it's almost like the same guy designed them or something. :)

Couldn’t be happier! Sent an email inquiring about timeline for a 2.0 build and Justin emailed me saying there was a remaining 1.2 6mm Creed build someone had bailed on.

Waited a long time to finally have a fully built rifle on a Nucleus action... I hope it shoots!

My ffl reopened today and I picked my 6mm up. I'll get it scoped and add a muzzle brake to it and post up some pics. Looks good so far.. :)

Mine delivered to FFL today with weight kit, mag, & action wrench. I'll pick it up this weekend. Guess I'd better order some rings tonight.

Ya'll check your bolts. Mine was missing the shroud pin/spring/screw assembly. I decided to take the bolt apart and clean any extra grease out...might not have not noticed otherwise. I called and they were quick to send the parts out.... And if you have a go gauge see if it closes. I have a Clymer gauge and it will not close, although various rounds I tried to chamber seem to fit fine. This chamber might be on the tight side?

Mine are there, thanks....

Ya'll check your bolts. Mine was missing the shroud pin/spring/screw assembly. I decided to take the bolt apart and clean any extra grease out...might not have not noticed otherwise. I called and they were quick to send the parts out.... And if you have a go gauge see if it closes. I have a Clymer gauge and it will not close, although various rounds I tried to chamber seem to fit fine. This chamber might be on the tight side?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rate_of_Twist
Just curious is anyone else's barrel scratched/marred up near the muzzle end? Mine is, a little surprising and unexpected since it was wrapped in a sock and double boxed. Seems a bit careless. Not something that could have happened during shipping.

Just curious is anyone else's barrel scratched/marred up near the muzzle end? Mine is, a little surprising and unexpected since it was wrapped in a sock and double boxed. Seems a bit careless. Not something that could have happened during shipping.
I have my own speculation on the pairing of these PVA barrels and previous Gen Nucleus actions, and I guess some scratches wouldn't be surprising if Im correct - but no sense opening a can of worms I know zero facts on. Ill happily take some cosmetic imperfections on the barrel is she shoots ;)

Maybe reach out to ARC and give them an opportunity to address it?

American Rifle Company is celebrating the 4th of July with a special offer.
Celebrate Independence Day by purchasing at a ridiculously low price a means of securing your right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And let’s face it. The way things have been going lately, we may find ourselves voting from the rooftops sooner than later.

The what:
$1999 Nucleus Xylo Rifle
  • Fully assembled and ready for immediate delivery
  • Weight 12 pounds
  • Nucleus Gen 1.2 action
  • Xylo chassis
  • PVA barrel, 24” stainless marksman contour with 5/8-24 muzzle thread and protector
  • TriggerTech Primary Trigger
  • For complete details visit www.americanrifle.com/shop/category/26
  • Supplies are limited. We begin taking orders at 9:00 AM PST July 4th
The how:
The entire rifle is proudly engineered and manufactured in the USA except for the trigger that is proudly engineered and manufactured by our friends in Canada.

And most importantly, the why.
The timeless words of Abraham Lincoln,

“It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.”

Individual Sovereignty
That’s why!

View attachment 7365868View attachment 7365869
Got my rifle the other day, threw on the razor hd and had some hornady black 105 Gr less then 10 shots it put down a 5/8 in group... went out to 600 and it was absolutely accurate even with factory ammo.... cannot wait to begin load development and see what this thing will do

Got my rifle the other day, threw on the razor hd and had some hornady black 105 Gr less then 10 shots it put down a 5/8 in group... went out to 600 and it was absolutely accurate even with factory ammo.... cannot wait to begin load development and see what this thing will do
New to reloading 6mm creed, suggestions? ( I have a gen 2 RPR and the ARC Nuc 1.2 in 6mm)

are we talking scratch or gouges? If it's a scratch... dude, were you going to shoot it? Just tell people it came from Seattle and Ted whacked a few ANTIFA dudes on the way to the post office...

Reactions: Jeremy45
110 rounds through my 6.5 so far. Shooting Berger 140gr small primer so I can collect the Lapua brass. 2793 fps with a 6 SD but the groups are not super impressive. LOVE the action and stock! It's only getting smoother although I did order the 19lb spring to see if I can lighten the bolt lift. Put a PVA Jet Blast brake on it and this thing shoots very smooth and controlled. And the built in level is pure genius!!! Had it out to the 800 yard range and was plugging the steel pretty easy. Looking forward to finding a load it likes with 140 ELD-Ms. If anyone finds one please share!

It's scratched/marred. I spoke to Justin today about it. He says it's from the jaws of the barrel vice and whoever did it wasn't careful.
I'll get around to shooting it, one of these days :) But, I do prefer to 'scratch' her myself. Don't like my girls fingered before I get them.

are we talking scratch or gouges? If it's a scratch... dude, were you going to shoot it? Just tell people it came from Seattle and Ted whacked a few ANTIFA dudes on the way to the post office...

I love you too.

Ted

Ted,

An off topic question: does a Nucleus prefit barrel fit a Mausingfield action? Are the threads completely identical between them? I ask because I have an extra 6.5 CM barrel for Nucleus but my 308 barrel seems will last forever. Might get a Mausingfield some day...

This thread needs pictures!
Picked up my 6.5 Yesterday. No scratches, everything intact as it should be. It was very well packaged.

Thanks Ted!

Initial observations:

• Grip feels far better then I'd imagined.
  • Nuke 1.2 - This is the first ARC action I've played with assembled on a rifle. The bolt lift is a little heavy, but I'm going to leave it alone (may try lighter striker spring down the road). This is with dry firing as shipped. I have not lubed the cams yet, so it'll likley get a little lighter. I think this is a bit of a trade off for the 80 degree bolt throw. Plenty of clearance to the optic pictured in a 1" high mount.
  • Trigger Tech Primary - Felt about 3.5 & adjusted down to about 2. Feels pretty good & going to leave it at 2 for now. I may add a 2 stage Trigger Tech when they're released. I'm just used to 2 stage.
  • ARC mag ordered with rifle fits great. I have several new MDT aics 308 mags & they don't fit near as well. Probably going to sell them & buy more ARC mags. Important for new ARC owners: The other difference is that the feed lips are about 1/4" shorter in length vs the MDT's. From what I understand the controlled round feed of the ARC actions need the shell rim to pop up clear of the lips sooner to take full advantage of the CRF. See picture for comparison.
  • Chassis adjust-ability is simple and intuitive. It's been my experience that just about anything that's very well engineered, doesn't look it. Instead it looks simple and streamlined. ARC hit that bar with this chassis. It balances well & I'd hunt with it in light weight config, but can easily add pounds to compete. I ordered 1 pair of the M-lock weight kits with it & I'll be ordering a second set + 1 or 2 of the internal rail weights.
As it sits I've got an Atlas Super Cal + Area 419 Arca clamp + Harris adapter (required to allow Arca to tilt on Super-Cal), Area 419 Hellfire brake, 419 barricade stop, 1 x m-lock weight kit, Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15 in a 1" high Spuhr Hunting mount.
I have a new Mark 5 3.6-18 TMR here and figured out ring ht today. So scope with be switched out when I get the ARC rings.
I'll edit this for a range report in the next week or 2 using Berger 140 Hybrid Ammo & Hornady 147ELDM.

My plan is to leave the trigger a little heavy, rifle weight on the litter side (from a comp stand point), & 3 port brake vs 4.
In 6.5C, this config it should be a great platform on which to practice fundamentals & get some training.

ARC Independance day rifle 1.jpg

ARC Independance day rifle 2.jpg

ARC mags.jpg

@357Max
Why the barricade stop? Thought the trigger guard/mag release pivot design on this chassis was supposed to eliminate the need for one. Did you do the LRI follower upgrade?
Been dry firing mine nightly. Can't seem to make up my mine on rigging out for personal use, or as a loaner rifle.

@357Max
Why the barricade stop? Thought the trigger guard/mag release pivot design on this chassis was supposed to eliminate the need for one. Did you do the LRI follower upgrade?
Been dry firing mine nightly. Can't seem to make up my mine on rigging out for personal use, or as a loaner rifle.
The barricade stop may not stay. Don't know yet. The Arc mag fits great, but I frankly wouldn't trust an MDT mag without the stop.
Right now balance point is right in front of the stop & I have the M-lock weight all the way back. I'll try it of a barricade @500 when I get to the range next, but if It'll balance with the stop I'm going to keep it. Mark 5 shorty in the ARC rings is a pretty light optic set up, but if I put the Razor G2 in Spuhr on there it might need to push forward to the mag.

Edit: I did not do the LRI follower upgrade. I thought that was for trying to run a Dasher in the ARC mag, could be wrong? I'll check it out.

Reactions: OLD308
I bought the 6.5 and it shoots great. Had good results from factory 147 eldm and even better with some reloaded 140s. Wish I would have bought two rifles honestly. The chassis is super sweet, easy to adjust and quick. Much easier to adjust then my MDT ACC. Overall this is a awesome rifle for the price we got them for. Like I said, wish I bought two.

Reactions: Rocky MTN
Finally picked up my rifle. Very pleased. The entire package is a work of art. I've been wanting one of Ted's rifles for years now, incredible value at the price we paid.

Received a pair of ARC magazines and a 19 lb firing pin spring yesterday. Very impressed with the magazines. 10 round capacity at the same height as a Magpul 5 rounder. As noted above the feed lips are short and it literally throws the round into the extractor. The firing pin spring was a bitch to install until I figured out how to press on the large washer. Bolt lift is noticeably lighter and my trigger weight dropped from 1.25 lbs to 1 lb.

For you guys that missed it, here's a chance:

@karagias Picked up my 6mm Nucleus 1.2 Rifle from my FFL and this thing is a damn work of art. Thank you everyone at ARC for responding to my email about a Nuc 2.0 build with the info that this 1.2 was available due to cancellation. If it shoots half as good as it looks it will be the deal of the century.

Only one problem...

I now want a Xylo chassis for my Vudoo V-22!

Last edited:
@karagias Picked up my 6mm Nucleus 1.2 Rifle from my FFL and this thing is a damn work of art. Thank you everyone at ARC for responding to my email about a Nuc 2.0 build with the info that this 1.2 was available due to cancellation. If it shoots half as good as it looks it will be the deal of the century.

Only one problem...

I now want a Xylo chassis for my Vudoo V-22!

Xylo chassis and V22, Mind blown!

What's the thickness of the recoil lug on the vudoo? ARC is making a couple different sizes.

I'm not home until later today and then I can measure it. I don't think it was a thickness issue as much as an issue with how short the recoil lug is.

Load development day for Xylo and his wanna be brother. 140 eld-m in Lapua brass harvested from Berger rounds. H4350, CCI 400 primers, 20 thou off the lands. 41.6 looks promising, although a tad slow. Slightly cratered primers on the very top end but nothing ugly. The Savage on the other hand...
IMG_20200802_171526.jpg
IMG_20200802_123928.jpg

Reactions: T-TurtleWang
Anyone else have a real hard bolt close when closing on a round?

I have not shot my rifle yet, but was cycling a few dummy loads I made for practice. The bolt closes really hard. Curious as to if it was my dummy rounds I grabbed a few rounds of Nosler Match Grade 105... bolt was very difficult to close on both

Any ideas?