• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AMG labs shot timer……vapor ware?

RichJ

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2010
SW Michigan
Ordered one in July have not seen or heard a word, though they were quick to take my money.
Should I just write it off and buy something else?

Rich

My AMG order took five months to ship back in 22. You won’t hear anything until it does.

I like it, and I knew going in it was a purchase and forget deal, so I wasn’t too bothered.

Reactions: Terry Cross
Ordered one in July have not seen or heard a word, though they were quick to take my money.
Should I just write it off and buy something else?

Rich
I received mine 4 weeks ago. It was ordered January of 23.
So almost a year.

My PACT had crapped the bed. Sent it to PACT who replaced the main button and maybe something else inside. It still would not run correctly and would just turn off sometimes in the middle of a string. I ordered the AMG Labs timer based on a couple of 2-gun buddies owning them and liking them. They warned me that it may take a few weeks.

I had pretty much wrote off my money as being scammed since they never did answer any correspondence during the 12 month wait, so I actually ordered and received a new PACT timer 6 months after ordering the AMG.

It is a nice timer but damn!

From what I've read on other forums, owner is building these as second job and facing supply chain issues like every other industry today. Other than the delays, there didn't seem to be anything bad to say about him.

It's not vapor ware, but it sure does take a long long time to actually show up

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
I got mine, but like everyone else--it took a long time. I finally got in contact with the guy but it wasn't easy. I joined a forum that he belongs to and was able to contact him that way.

Like others have said, you haven't been scammed but you are definitely in for the long haul. I have bought 3 AMGs in 2 separate orders and had to wait MONTHS each time. These are my second favorite timer behind the Kestrel (but much cheaper too). I just wish he had accurate lead times posted or better communication about the delay.