• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo Can projects?

kellogg2185

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Has anybody used old ammo cans to make anything cool? I was given a huge ammo can from the boat-mounted miniguns, but obviously have no use for it for it's intended purpose. Looking for any ideas about turning it into something functional/useful/cool. Man cave stuff, whatver. Unfortunately I do not have the lid, though I may be able to find one if necessary.

Ive seen guys airbrush some really cool stuff on them. Like pin up girls and motivated war themes. Im sure those cans are just for display. I doubt they get dragged out to the range. I keep a lot of lottle gear for the range in one. Stuff like pens, markers, data books, extra mags, etc.

Tag. I know that some good ideas are going to pop up in this thread. I've got a bad habit of buying these things, but normally stuff them full of ammo.

Built a pair of motorcycle panniers/cases for a guys BMW R100 about 20 years back. Used a pair of 20mm cans, made brackets out of square tubing, welded to the cans.
Then a frame to attach the cans to the bike. Only issue...HEAVY and a PITA to get into the cans when you wanted too. And they REALLY baked the contents when in the sun all day. They were water tight though.

The bike was a military theme, OD Green sort of affair it looked pretty good. Unfortunately pics of the bike and cans LOST when my old computer crashed years back....three computers ago.

I'll try to get digitals and post them.

20mm ammo can panniers - ADVrider

Last edited:
Made a small stove out of one years and years ago. Worked pretty good. Everything fit inside when disassembled.

Made a set of "Sponson Boxes" for my mobile tool box at work.

Attachments

• Work Bike.jpg
    Work Bike.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 42