• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ammo cans?

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
I need to order some 50 cal ammo cans or something of the like to store ammo in. Any good places to order from?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Re: Ammo cans?

Cabelas has some decent ones. They are the same size but are plastic. Seem pretty tough. They have the rubber o ring also. Hope this helps.

If you decide to head out to the sportsmans show (hbg) they usually have a few there. There is also a store off 81 near carisle that usually has an assortment (30cal, 50 and 20mm).

I don't usually shop at Cheaper than Dirt but this ad: 50 Cal Ammo Cans caught my eye. I usually buy them from Ammo To Go but they've been out of stock for quite some time.

When I was looking at ammo cans online there were a few places that had good prices, such as CTD but the shipping really jacked up the price.

I would look to see if there were any gun shows around your area. I was just at the one in Monroeville and I think they had them for around 10-15$

If you find any places near you in altoona let me know i dont live far from you and have been looking for the same.

I use the .30 caliber cans since they are easier to handle once they are loaded full of ammo.

Cut

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the .30 caliber cans since they are easier to handle once they are loaded full of ammo.

Cut </div></div>

Yes, but for the bulk or rainy day the .50s hold a lot more. I'd try a gunshow, I've gotten many that way and you can handpick them. Most surplus stores have them too, even the crappy stores.

It seems like the price has gone up on ammo cans though.

Those things are made out of mildly notsohard steel, with simple design that's stupid-easy to manufacture.

I'm sure that they don't cost Uncle Sugar more than $2.00 apiece to get them made. AFIC, they shouldn't cost more than $5 for .30s and $7 for .50s, $8 for the SAW cans.

But the market says I'm wrong on this. Really glad I got what I need already.

You can buy pallets of these things from DRMO for pennies on the dollar. The people at gun shows that buy these things and resell them make like 100 percent profit. If you have a base near you, call the supply department and have them get you in touch with Defense Reutilization Material Office (DRMO). Civilian can go there and bid on all kinds of stuff .... pretty cool stuff sometimes. That's where all these ammo cans are coming from.

i get them at the flea market for $5 bucks a .50 cal and 3 bucks for .30 cal if u buy two or more. i have a few lol. brand new i have to put them together

Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet has 50 cal cans for $7.99 each and 30 cal cans for $5.99. I got 4 50s and they were in excellent shape. This is the cheapest I've seen for rust-free cans. The shipping is what kills you, but you're going to pay that anywhere, unless you pick them up at a surplus store or gun show.

Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet

Cold out

A small business near me sold 50cal ammo boxes in excellent condition for $5 per box. I bought 25 of them haha