• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo Cans?

Re: Ammo Cans?

Palmetto State Armory has brand new ones for cheap, and decent shipping. I ordered a few .30 and .50 cans, they came in quick and as described.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPCR59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CheaperThanDirt usually has them. </div></div>

CTD usually has brand new cans (50BMG/M2) in case quantities (10-12) for around $13/can. Same thing with .30 (16-18/case) for around $10/can. The problem is the added cost for S&H which gets up to around $30-40/case depending on your location and sending the price per can up pretty quickly.

If you have any local to you, try your basic Army/Navy store or other surplus shop. You'll eat the sales tax, but usually come out ahead on price in the long run.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have any local to you, try your basic Army/Navy store or other surplus shop. You'll eat the sales tax, but usually come out ahead on price in the long run.</div></div>

That's worked pretty well for me. Plus, no sales tax in Oregon, so in some ways, it's cheaper overall (until you look at how much income tax I pay, hahaha).