• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo recommendations, 6CM

mark82

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2020
I’m new to this caliber, don’t know what’s good for match shooting ( not hunting).

We all know that these days you may have to shoot what’s available vs what’s optimum. I see lighter weight bullets (under 100gr) and a lot of soft point, plastic tip hunting etc. Semms common good choice is hornady match but it’s getting tough to find. They have multiple other choices that don’t specifically say “match” That are available.

Even if I have to split between under 600yd and over, what works? Bullet weight? Brand and type?

thanks

The federal gold medal match with the 105gr Berger hybrid and Hornady match 108gr shot about identical out of mine, very good.

You can find the fgmm at federals website and order direct from them. I even found some at my local cabelas last week, literally the only ammo on the shelf.
I’ve also heard good things about Berger’s factory offerings but can not verify with a first hand account.

The Hornady ELDM 108 Match bullets are out of stock everywhere. The Berger 108 Boat Tail Target is good as is the above mentioned Hybrids. Both the 109 and 105. I can’t speak to factory ammo since I don’t shoot it but I’ve seen guys running Prime and the Hornady 108 Match.
Most everyone is shooting heavy for caliber bullets and that means the 105-115. If you are loading these yourself, the go to powder is going to be H4350 under 108s at between 40.2-41.5 depending on where you find a node.