• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Ammo Shortage

Covid is the go to excuse for any delay now a days,real or not. I'm glad someone else mentioned Sandy Hook, ammo dried up in two weeks after the shooting, no Covid back then? A friend of mine had told me that the ammo plants were still producing as normal, but the Feds had told any distributors that shipped ammo, would have their FFL pulled. I don't know how true that statement was, but it sure fit the bill at the time. Makes you wonder now??

Please don’t post these kinds of ridiculous conspiracy theories here. They are barely ok to post in the bear pit.

There is a boatload of ammo being made here in the US and imported from Europe. It’s just being bought at a frenzied pace.

Last edited:
No conspiracy theory required. See the attached pdf from the FBI site reporting NICS checks.

We started 2020 at close to 3 million NICS checks a month and ended close to 4 million. That is far busier than any year ever. People buying guns also buy ammo. If only half those checks were for new firearms, that millions of new firearms a month. Mind boggling.

At the same time Remington has been sidelined through bankruptcy, reducing supply. That should be coming back online this year. It won't fix the supply issue, but it will help.

Attachments

• NICS_Firearm_Checks_-_Month_Year.pdf
    23.1 KB · Views: 60
if you can make trips into Canada they seem to have powder , primers , and brass you could smuggle a few tons back and make your self rich . I believe in you , you can do it . just watch out for moose and squirrel if you see them run for your life .
View attachment 7529752
If you can get to Australia...we have no shortage of anything....sorry! 🤣

Reactions: Baron23
yea your lucky I was thinking it strange that Africa had no shortage either or Canada or any other country guess its our time to suffer

Remember when they were fighting in the Balkans in the 90s? They didn't seem to have any shortage of ammo for either side.

yea your lucky I was thinking it strange that Africa had no shortage either or Canada or any other country guess its our time to suffer

Mate, you are way wrong. There is a growing shortage in Australia, and friends of mine in South Africa are saying the same thing. And it will take years for these countries to get back to normal levels even once components are more readily available in the USA.

Mate, you are way wrong. There is a growing shortage in Australia, and friends of mine in South Africa are saying the same thing. And it will take years for these countries to get back to normal levels even once components are more readily available in the USA.
Yeah 100% will flow down to us in Oz. Stock up!

Yeah 100% will flow down to us in Oz. Stock up!
Mate I have been. Just need to get some more primers and I will be good for a few years. If the PRS season gets cancelled in Aus again this year, I will bet set for a good bit longer 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Heffo
Not sure about this ammo shortage?

Walmart had plenty of 22LR, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 308Win on the shelves when I stopped in today.

All normal Walmart prices.

Purchased some 22LR, only because I could, and not that I really need anymore.

IMG_20210127_152758510.jpg