• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo Suggestions ( .223 )

Turkeytider

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2022
Georgia
Fully realize that when it comes to load preferences, when you`ve seen one barrel.....you`ve seen exactly that....one barrel. Realizing that though, I thought maybe I could get some sort of trend/consensus regarding factory match .223 ammunition. Will be shooting a heavy, 26" fluted 1:7 barrel , out to 500 yards at steel. Any suggestions, particularly based on personal experience, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
I've had good results from Federal 77 SMK.

500? 69 or 77 FGGM should work awesome, grab whatever is cheaper. I actually shoot a ton of bulk 55 grain FMJ out to 400. Try it before you start spending $1.50 a round.

you will have to shop around and find the cheapest price this is just a suggestion on ammo .
then again you could easily spend a lot less on 69 gr 223 ammo that would hit 500 ,600 yards pretty easily
we have been using 55 gr hornady cheep ammo and hitting 500 with little problems best of luck with what ever ammo you get hope it's a fun shoot .