• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo. Wtf

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Well now inflation is going to keep prices up but when’s supply going to catch up?

223/5.56, 308, and 9mm running out of our ears round here. Not much else, except 350 legend. Not even a straight walled cartridge for hunting state.

50-$70 a box for hunting ammunition is the new norm.

9mm seems to be near $0.50 per round for just range fodder.

I just need some x39 for a new fun build. I'm swimming in all the afore mentioned calibers for now.

I want my damn $1 6.5 140 eld and $0.65 140 bthp back ! FJB

And there is zero specialty ammo to be found. Fuck

With the price of fuel having doubled in a year and the price of food skyrocketing, I think you'll find low prices are a thing of the past, but low wages are still a thing of the present, and high taxes are a thing of the near future.

I want my damn $1 6.5 140 eld and $0.65 140 bthp back ! FJB

And there is zero specialty ammo to be found. Fuck

For the last few years I had a real hard time justifying my time and money tied up in reloading. At $1 per round of prime or fgmm, it’s not worth reloading anything other than magnum rounds. Right now, I’m glad I have all the components

We’re seeing it come back a little from our sources, but still nothing like it used to be. Prices are higher and selection is minuscule (for smaller shops anyways). It’s an ongoing issue no one seems to have an answer to.

Reactions: JbBooks
    America has dug itself into a pretty deep hole... We all have our estimates of how many years it took to dig us this deep. For conversation, let's say it took us 5 years to dig this deep.... If that's the case, it will take 5 years to dig ourselves out of this hole. But again, we have to stop digging any deeper.

Prepare accordingly.

I actually snagged some 9mm in person for about 360/1000. It was slightly high; but it was a mom and pop type store in Corinth, MS. They had a ton of 9 reasonably priced and though I'd not planned on buying anything (I was driving through) the fact they were not really gouging based on current environment I bought some. Stores like that deserve business. Just my 0.02.

Easy enough to find steel cased shit online, but venture off into match 223/5.56, 308, and 6.5 and the prices go up considerably. Likely, and sadly, this is the way it's going to be. I'd predicted no earlier than end of 2022 I think somewhere online. But I'm going to have to revise that to say 2024/2025 at earliest will we normalize supply and likely prices may decrease 25-35% but no more.

Targetsports and outdoorlimited seem to be consistently out of stock or astronomically priced when available. Especially outdoorlimited. I imagine though, in their defense, that this market is very hard to make money in due to massively fluctuating prices.