• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impulse

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2014
GA
Anyone have any idea what this is on the rounds? This came from an old South African Battle pack. Not all them and very few have it on the projectile. Mostly just the casing. Appears to be some sort of waterproofing or maybe anti corrosion. I've never seen this before and was hoping someone else has seen this before. Thank you in advance for your time!!
ammo.jpeg

Last edited:
I have fired thousands and thousands of the South African ammo and have not seen that on any of mine. Sorry I can't be of help on this one.

Were they in a leather case. I have seen shells get a green type mold after sitting in a leather belt for awhile and then when scrubbed off you see corrosion like that on the case.

They were in a plastic sealed cardboard boxes. All the rounds were touching each other staggered. I've already bought the ammo but obviously couldn't see this. Wondering if it's safe? Should I not shoot them?
ammo2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm guessing some sealant by the look. Find some brake cleaner or acetone. Apply to rag/paper towel and remove it. It will be a lot easier to remove from the rounds than your chamber.

R