• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo

Impulse

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2014
GA
Anyone have any idea what this is on the rounds? This came from an old South African Battle pack. Not all them and very few have it on the projectile. Mostly just the casing. Appears to be some sort of waterproofing or maybe anti corrosion. I've never seen this before and was hoping someone else has seen this before. Thank you in advance for your time!!
ammo.jpeg

Last edited:
This is where the ammo came from. But there was no writing or stamp on the outside. As i said most of it comes off. Do you think it would be safe to shoot. I've already purchased the ammo from a private party. No returns.

ammo2.jpg

I had some German DAG that was not quite that bad but shot fine. The stuff I wanted to store I just steel wooled and repackaged in new boxes.

Last edited:
The green corrosion tends to be stlll shootable. Clean and see how they look.

If you run into the pink corrosion, that serious weakens the case wall. Somewhere online there are pictures of pink corrosion turning into holes in the case. And some pics of sectioned cases showing thinning of the case wall.