• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AMP AZTEC upgrade is available !

Vitali1342

lieutenant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2017
    Portland OR
    Good news guys , just purchased my code at Creedmoore for AMP AZTEC mode !

BTW , Graf & Sons will still charge you for shipping ( $ 7.95 ) , Creedmoore is not . After all it's just a code that you'll receive in your email in 24-48 hours.

But they are still charging you for a code to unlock a feature that is built into a machine that you already paid for.

Reactions: Vitali1342
    $250 just for the code to unlock that feature on a $1100 annealer? Seems a bit much unless im missing something. Im sure its a great machine and the program would be useful but wow.

I wanted to get an AMP and I still do but I recently found out they’re not an American company and that they just got a new repair facility in America but if certain things fail you would still need to ship it to NZ. That just doesn’t sit well with me.

Also how much more consistent is this machine than an Annie? And is the price worth that consistency. Deminishing returns?

Also how much more consistent is this machine than an Annie? And is the price worth that consistency. Deminishing returns?
    I’m not gonna touch the first part but I have an Annie and from my understanding where the Annie needs to be warmed up (run 10-15 pieces through it before you actually start) the amp contains enough microchips to actually modulate the force it creates and either 1) doesn’t need to warm up somehow based on its basic design or 2) compensates and alters it’s power to make the first the same as the last. On the Annie once the electronics are warm the only variable to its internal operation is the amount of time that you set. I think the amp fluctuates both the power and time which is why you can’t just go from setting 49 to 55 to get say .6 extra seconds of induction from my reading. It may do even more than two variables, actually now that I think about it pretty confident it has to. Especially since it can self diagnose the brass with just a bit of additional programming. They’ve had the stuff to do it all along inside which is why any can upgrade, I presume they only just figured out how to do it correctly/completely.

Anyone found any discount codes ? I snatched a great discount code on my machine itself.

But they are still charging you for a code to unlock a feature that is built into a machine that you already paid for.

DD,

I don't think that is exactly correct. If I understood the Aztec software guys correctly, this is an entire software reload on the AMP. In fact, I still haven't got a confirmation that with the new software you will not be able to use the old style program codes (which I think get blown away with the updated software).

It'd be nice if someone could point one of the AMP/Aztec guys over here to the Hide for more details.....

Edit: Just hit up their FB page and asked if they could post some responses in this thread.

Care to share? I’m looking to get an AMP

A buddy and I snatched a 10% and I think free shipping from Brownell's back in December. I didn't see AZTEC on Brownell's site, assuming they list it, a discount code would be nice.

This annealer is one of the best investments I’ve made in my reloading bench. No flames to worry about. And no guess work. I think AZTEC is worth getting for us reloaders who treat their brass like it’s gold. lol..

hello
    did you have any issues downloading the Aztec... got the code walk through steps and a stupid error message about port 1509 not open... cant seem to get around it

hello
    did you have any issues downloading the Aztec... got the code walk through steps and a stupid error message about port 1509 not open... cant seem to get around it

I didn't have any problems or error messages. I just unzipped the file and waited for my unlock code.

I blocked my firewall on 3 diff computers on 2 diff networks ... same error. I watched a you tube video on unlocking ports on windows tried that and same thing.

Here's the message

Attachments

• 20180824_162129.jpg
      20180824_162129.jpg
      436.4 KB · Views: 49
    Brownells has a $110 off $900 +free shipping with code NDW.
    I needed to buy a bunch of stuff a new build/components for a new caliber. So I threw the AZTEC upgrade in there. Basically got the upgrade for $85.

Reactions: spife7980
    It was supposed to be mid September. But contacted them a few days ago. They said mid October. But this was for my Pre-Order from Brownells.

Does anyone know when the Mark 2 will be available?

I emailed them yesterday.. Got a prompt reply from Alex. Sounds like its finally moving forward.

His reply:

There has been a slight delay on the release of the Mark II annealer
    pending final sign off of compliance certification.
    That is now resolved, we should be shipping to all our distributors in early October

Regards,
    Alex Findlay - President