• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AMT 25/22 Rifle info

zenbiker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2009
Charlottesville, Virginia
I just wrecked the bolt on my AMT 25/22 due to a moment of inattention. I need to replace the bolt/ extractor assembly. I need the quality stainless bolt that AMT used, even if I have to buy another 25/22 or Lightning to get it. Posting here in case somebody out there can TIG repair this for me.

ra4uzaje.jpg

guje4use.jpg

tezanava.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Even though the 25/22 is a 10/22 clone. the barrel is threaded, I was removing the barrel in order to thread the muzzle for a suppressor mount. I neglected to lock the bolt/ extractor assembly back and the extractor was caught in the extractor relief slot in the barrel when I unscrewed the barrel. The extractor couldn't just snap off; no, it had to bend the bolt AND extractor. So, of on a search I go.

Found one. Numrich Arms had one from a Lightning rifle, which is the same as this rifle except it had a folding stock. Bolt, extractor, spring, retainer, $50 and change shipped. Thank You everyone, and Amen to the prayers.