• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

An Interesting day

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
In five short months Brenda and I will celebrate 50 years of marriage. Like most, its not been easy, but it sure has been fun.

Yesterday, she decided to go with me to Prince Gun Range. Its a stretch from our home, but a great place to shoot, perhaps the most challenging range, I have ever shot at, lots of wind, lots of mirage and very hard to spot misses. I am coming to grips with it and it is a fun place to shoot.

But, when we arrived yesterday, it was shut down to mow. So, we decided to see if we could find the small hotel where two young, poor kids spent honeymoon, in all places, Lake Providence, Louisiana, not far from Prince. We think the motel is still standing but has been renovated many times, in a small town that well past being on its way down. The lake is just as beautiful but its just not an inviting local. So, we headed south for the second part of our honeymoon resource.

Winter Quarters.

The plantation home is as beautiful as ever. What a great lake house it would make and it was, located on the shores of Lake St. Joseph. But alas, after driving many miles south, it was closed. There had been a fire, and while the home stands and has no apparent damage, the father’s of Louisiana have never seen fit to reactivate it as a Historical Site. We walked around the front and took pictures, but it was posted so we did not go on the grounds. Then on for a late lunch (the range was supposed to open at 2:00PM, and we are eating lunch at Lake Bruin State Park, 80 miles and an hour and a half drive. And its 1:15. Gonna be late.

But when we arrived at 2:45, the mowing was not quite finished. Still, we had the run of the long range and had a blast. I shot as good as I ever have on that range, hitting everything I was shooting at with the two MPA’s but struggled with the RPR as I had no dope on the rounds or the settings for the ranges I was shooting.

It was a fine day, Long for sure, but A day to Remember.

1689081046823.jpeg

27CE3EC8-94C9-46F7-A3CD-AC61E4AE0BC3.jpeg

In five short months Brenda and I will celebrate 50 years of marriage. Like most, its not been easy, but it sure has been fun.

Yesterday, she decided to go with me to Prince Gun Range. Its a stretch from our home, but a great place to shoot, perhaps the most challenging range, I have ever shot at, lots of wind, lots of mirage and very hard to spot misses. I am coming to grips with it and it is a fun place to shoot.

But, when we arrived yesterday, it was shut down to mow. So, we decided to see if we could find the small hotel where two young, poor kids spent honeymoon, in all places, Lake Providence, Louisiana, not far from Prince. We think the motel is still standing but has been renovated many times, in a small town that well past being on its way down. The lake is just as beautiful but its just not an inviting local. So, we headed south for the second part of our honeymoon resource.

Winter Quarters.

The plantation home is as beautiful as ever. What a great lake house it would make and it was, located on the shores of Lake St. Joseph. But alas, after driving many miles south, it was closed. There had been a fire, and while the home stands and has no apparent damage, the father’s of Louisiana have never seen fit to reactivate it as a Historical Site. We walked around the front and took pictures, but it was posted so we did not go on the grounds. Then on for a late lunch (the range was supposed to open at 2:00PM, and we are eating lunch at Lake Bruin State Park, 80 miles and an hour and a half drive. And its 1:15. Gonna be late.

But when we arrived at 2:45, the mowing was not quite finished. Still, we had the run of the long range and had a blast. I shot as good as I ever have on that range, hitting everything I was shooting at with the two MPA’s but struggled with the RPR as I had no dope on the rounds or the settings for the ranges I was shooting.

It was a fine day, Long for sure, but A day to Remember.
Prince is shooting home to some good people. Very nice range.

Winter Quarters (the hunting club) is (was) amazing. One of my mentors and lifelong friends just sold his membership there. His family was one of the original plank owners from right after WW2. He is now 74 and became quite sad at how the new money people and influencers were managing the property and game. I was super fortunate to have made some amazing memories around there. Very cool that you and your bride are living life to the fullest! Don't slow down!

./