• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

An oddball restoration, but really fun!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
I've been looking for one of these for years for a reasonable price... But they seem to get insane money! Finally found one on eBay from a local shop and snapped it up. Did mostly leather reconditioning and a few stitch repairs.

Edwardian shell box, designed to bring about 300 cartridges to a driven bird shoot. Amazing craftsmanship and so... British! Going to take a few more treatments with leather preservative/oil. But the core of it is in amazing shape... even the shell pulls are intact. Perfect!

As a bonus, it has the initials JWD on it. One of my mentors and friends when it came to old cars was John Webb DeCampi. I think he would appreciate this!

box 2.jpg

Full, it weighs a lot! I've just got a small assortment of shells in it for a couple of English Guns and it's 'all there.' No idea of maker, either. But totally high quality London manufacture, no doubt.

Back when the empire made nice stuff.

box 1.jpg

This stuff is just what makes the 'shooting collectibles' world so cool. And, yes, same applies to great gear from any era. 50 years from now, folks will be collecting USO and AI guns and going 'Wow, look what they were making in 2000!" Craftsmanship is always in style!

Sirhr