• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Anatomy of a Murder -- Jimmy Stewart

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Been watching a bunch of movies on the TCM "30 Days of Oscar..."

One of the movies I've never gotten around to watching is "Anatomy of a Murder" with Jimmy Stewart, a young Ben Gazarra and George C. Scott... among others.

What a great movie.

Based on a true story!

A good courtroom drama is always a fun watch. And this one was really well-done. I guess that's why the Oscar-worthy performance(s).

Also watched Twelve Angry Men a few days ago. I've seen it as a 'high school play' but never watched Henry Fonda doing it. Wow. Incredible dialog and so much great psychology in that one.

Ok... what other great courtroom dramas am I missing? (And I've seen A Few Good Men plenty of times... " Plus have "The Verdict" taping later this week (Paul Newman).

And Judgement at Nuremberg remains one of the great war/law/court movies of all time! With such great political overtones in the early post-war 'rehabilitation' of West Germany as a stalwart against Communism.

Discuss.... ;-) I need some new movies to watch!

Cheers,

Sirhr

That's a very famous one. Another classic is the Agatha Christie "Witness for the Prosecution".

Another true one (not courtroom drama) is the Molly Maguires with Sean Connery and Richard Harris. All of these are available on Roku/Pluto/Tubi free streaming services iirc.

You know why these are classics? Because they had real men, mostly war hero's, who were acting, unlike today's pretty boi's trying to act like men

Stewart
Scott
Fonda.
Gable
Borgnine
Marvin

Read their bios.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic