• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ancient old veteran from Louisiana and Florida.

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
Been shooting since the 50’s with my father. He was a shot gunner and never understood my love of rifels. Sadly, lost him when he was way too young. Finally after all the years, settled into IHMSA and it was a great love. Then the sport died on me and I gave up chasing it. Still, gained many friends along the way. Our son, a third generation war veteran kept on with rifles and I was brought back into it. Now, with age taking away my steadiness of hand, I still love to get the crosshairs settled, a good trigger pull and hear (and now get to see) the bullet strike metal.

So much for the long story

Thanks for allowing me and I wish and hope I will not bore too many of you with my stories.

You guys getting to fish or not?
Like at Dulack or Cocodri.
When in Louisiana I do some fishing in front of our home. However, we have not seriously fished for many years. What I have seen the Bass in Caney Creek are on the upswing but the hydrilla and the sylvania are about to completely overwhelm the lake.

Do not under any circumstances let them put in carp or otherwise destroy those grasses.

They do need cropped and or setback but if destroyed the lake will nearly die next.

It's cyclic and a pest when overran but it is the base of food chain health.

All you need is a 1oz jig with rattles and a crawfish trailer, broad daylight and a heavy flipping stick.

Plop it through and let it hit bottom,
Pick it up and shake it, don't move it.

At times it can take several minutes, do not move it, just shake with short pauses at the most.

I catch fish as shallow as 2 foot in the heat it the grass is thick enough.

It's fun to watch grass move as a bass crashes his way to the jig from 6-8 feet away at times. If you stop shaking they can't find it.

But the bass are not why I fish Louisiana. All mine is mostly way south of the ICW.

Do you shoot at Bodcau Bayou?

" Mike" the rso?

Do you shoot at Bodcau Bayou?

" Mike" the rso?
No I do most of my Louisiana shooting at the range in Hodge, Louisiana (actual mailing address is Quitman, but Quitman is five miles down the road). Here in Florida, my son and I shoot a lot at Altus Shooting Center.

Reactions: Snuby642