• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing And another to the CZ452

malaga2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2005
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    This was the first CZ I bought..back about 10-12 years ago. I traded it to my brother after getting my Varmint (always regretted that). When I went looking to get it back it had been traded to someone else who in turn traded to a friend of mine. I got it back for a preban 10/22 reciever (yep still on the awb in CT). First Coyote with this rifle...scope is a fixed 4X Pilad that I picked up on the hide...works great on this.
    Day before yesterday some coyotes killed a deer not to far from the house...got this guy this morning on his way to the carcass for breakfast...
    Coyote001-4.jpg

Coyote002-3.jpg

Coyote003-1.jpg

Re: And another to the CZ452

I picked up a CZ 452 Scout for my son, as his intro to bolt guns. Great rifles.

Nice job.... Many people underestimate the 22 LR in general... It's a wicked little bullet when used right and mated to the proper rifle or pistol.....Hammer down ....My favorite is still the CCI Stinger HP.... I'm shooting a 452 CZ with a 16" threaded barrel....It will heart shot a crow at 77 yards with aplomb................SmokeRolls

Nice job. I have a CZ452 american that shoots fantastic, especially with subsonic hp. Lots of fun to shoot.

I have literally lost count of the Coyotes that Ive killed with my CZ Varmint...22's are a whole lot more lethal than most give them credit for...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have literally lost count of the Coyotes that Ive killed with my CZ Varmint...22's are a whole lot more lethal than most give them credit for... </div></div>

Do you also shoot the Aguila 40grn subsonics in your Varmint or do you shoot a different round in it?

Thanks

All subsonic...works well on Woodchucks..crows..and especially Coyotes (challenge is to get within 75 yds)started with Rem subsonics ...Aguila perform a little better...run them thru a Neal Waltz die...accurate as it needs to be...
    pic001.jpg

Coyote002.jpg

Coyote001.jpg
    WinterDog.jpg

Coyote002-1.jpg

CoyoteNov22001.jpg

Coyote001-2.jpg

Nice work! You've been hammering em' pretty hard it looks like.

I'm going to give the Aguila sub-sonics a try in my 452. Thanks for the info.

How did I miss this topic - back up! Great photos!
    Any more pics of CZ 452 .22LR coyote kills?

Any Velocitor kill pics?

Are you using the stock trigger? Reason I'm asking is I really like my 452, with the exception of the trigger. I'd like to make it better and am undecided as to what to do with it.

velocitors are my fav when im using a .22. dozens of yotes and fox and 5 'cats with them. theyve penetrated much better than any other 22 ive used. ill get some pics up soon.