• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

And back to the masks

BytorJr

Two Star General
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
“The Supreme Court said look if there is a public emergency, a danger to the public and you weigh that against the constitutional rights of the citizens if there is something to protect the entire public, the populace, you can do that and pass those kinds of laws,” said McDaniel.

At least people are worried......

Personally, I understand why masks MAY stop spread of influenza, COVID, any "airborne" spreading virus; however, you cannot just pass laws because you want to. Un-freaking real.

Those who don’t want to get sick should protect themselves.

End

Except that's not how masks work. When someone wears a mask, it's primary purpose is to prevent YOU from getting sick, not the person wearing it. It does have some effect the other way, but it's about 70/30.

The law would stand as it meets strict scrutiny, there is a compelling government interest, it is effective, there is no lesser means of dealing with the issue.

For example, they could mandate you remain locked in your home. That would NOT pass muster, as there are lesser means of addressing the problem.

Well, I suppose we could walk around in BSL4 suits. N95's are somewhat better at protecting the wearer, but are expensive, in short supply and best suited to health care workers who have high exposure levels. Everyone else is perfectly well off with T-shirt material, the major droplets are captured and you are far less likely to infect others around you. Given where we are, that seems like little enough to ask.

Except that's not how masks work. When someone wears a mask, it's primary purpose is to prevent YOU from getting sick, not the person wearing it. It does have some effect the other way, but it's about 70/30.

The law would stand as it meets strict scrutiny, there is a compelling government interest, it is effective, there is no lesser means of dealing with the issue.

For example, they could mandate you remain locked in your home. That would NOT pass muster, as there are lesser means of addressing the problem.
That’s what the msm and the Democrat are telling people. If it takes two masks to “slow the spread” then you wear two. Go back to licking boots.

How about all the elderly, sick and pussies don’t go to bars/convenience stores /restaurants etc and leave the rest of us alone ?

In this case, because it's not about you, it's about the people you infect, who infect someone else, who has contact with those at risk that are already not going out. With an R0 of 2 to 3, you going out without precautions like a mask starts an infection chain that kills someone and puts other in the hospital, now taking a bed and care from some guy in a car crash. Oh wait, the crash guy could be you, so maybe it's about you after all.

Reactions: MCHOG and Mwalex
In this case, because it's not about you, it's about the people you infect, who infect someone else, who has contact with those at risk that are already not going out. With an R0 of 2 to 3, you going out without precautions like a mask starts an infection chain that kills someone and puts other in the hospital, now taking a bed and care from some guy in a car crash. Oh wait, the crash guy could be you, so maybe it's about you after all.
Stop with the propaganda. It’s all made up bullshit. If you are not dying already then the virus is harmless. I do not care about that one person who has that one friend who might have been healthy and succumbed. Statistically irrelevant. It’s horseshit.

Everyone is going to get the virus.

You idiots are making sure of that

This is how I deal with COVID:

05743486-622F-4C59-BA0D-1C0036C6C933.jpeg

good lord.
this hasn't actually killed more than a bad flu year, if you account for the over-reporting.
they aren't counting people that died FROM covid-19...
they are counting everyone that died that MIGHT HAVE HAD covid-19 when they expired, even if they never had a positive test.

by your own logic, your reckless and selfish actions your entire life may have killed dozens of people by infecting them with the flu or other virus.
shame on you. since kids die of the flu (unlike covid-19), you are probably a baby killer too.

Last edited:
My point was not necessarily the effectiveness of mask/no mask, but these people who basically admit it (and other laws) are unconstitutional but that it's okay because they are protecting the population. We're not talking Ebola death rates here.

Now, I am wondering if The Horta has another suit for sale ;).

Texas currently has mandatory masks in businesses.

I’ve yet to put one on and I sure as Shit don’t plan on wearing one to please the king.

Spent all day in a respirator welding galvanized Metal, screw you if you think I’m gonna put something else over my face going to the gas station.

If you are so worried about catching the Rona why don’t YOU wear a p100 welding respirator and let the rest of us be.

My point was not necessarily the effectiveness of mask/no mask, but these people who basically admit it (and other laws) are unconstitutional but that it's okay because they are protecting the population. We're not talking Ebola death rates here.

Now, I am wondering if The Horta has another suit for sale ;).
they can certainly place restrictions on us when tied to something they can consider a privilege, such as speed limits for driving on public roads.
while we might be able to argue whether driving is a privilege to anyone that pays taxes for roads, i am pretty sure walking outside your house is a right we should all have, assuming we aren't violating decency laws, lol.

So....
About 2 weeks ago I had covid19. Got tested and sure enough it came back positive. July 2, I was tested again and it came back negative. I tested again on July 3, it came back negative.

Why should I have to wear a mask? I won't make you sick, because I'm not infected, and if you're sick, you can't make me sick.

I wear a mask at work because they 'mandate' it and they give me money. I guess that technically makes me a whore, but I like their money.

Other than that why?

I have worn a mask twice since The Apocalypse started.

The first time was with my wife at the hospital. She had "a procedure" and I had to drive her home from it. I thought about sitting in the van in the parking lot, but figured that would not go over very well with her . . . so I waited in the room with her. She took her mask off . . . and everybody was OK with that - of course, I could not take mine off.

The second time was today during a military funeral. The Flag presentation was inside the church. I had to wear a mask. The preacher and the soloist did NOT have to wear a mask . . . cuz, you know . . . it is not like they were doing a whole bunch of talking or singing. When we got outside, I took my mask off so the rifle squad could hear my commands. The rest of the guys in the squad were not wearing one - because it looked stupid - and we were outside - and the family and congregation was "way over there" (most wearing their masks). Oh well, just another "duty" to ensure a veteran received what he was due.

I suspect I will be required to wear a mask at the VA at the end of this month. They wanted to do a telephone consultation, but I could not get them to explain to me how I was going to go to the Lab for a blood draw over the phone.

There is one other place that wants my consultation services. They require a mask for admittance into the building, but will allow me to remove it when I get to the area needing the service. I suspect I will need to put the mask back on in order to leave the building. I have not got back to them, but when they ask again, I will inquire about the mask. If it is still a requirement, my comment will be that it sounds dangerous and I will just stay away. I will encourage them to contact me again, when it is safe.

Yes, it is going to be like that. They get to make the rules for their particular AO, but they have to live by my decision about their decision . . . and wait for whatever it was they wanted me to do.

Lol
They can eat a dick.
The feds can't/will not prosecute a hostile armed takeover of a portion in a major city but
want to play cloth mask games...
GTFOHWTSAEABOD.
Recently attended a zoo in a large city for my grandson.
Was chastised by the help.
Told them to call the fucking mask police.

R

So....
About 2 weeks ago I had covid19. Got tested and sure enough it came back positive. July 2, I was tested again and it came back negative. I tested again on July 3, it came back negative.

Why should I have to wear a mask? I won't make you sick, because I'm not infected, and if you're sick, you can't make me sick.

I wear a mask at work because they 'mandate' it and they give me money. I guess that technically makes me a whore, but I like their money.

Other than that why?
Just curious, how sick were you?

i have a feeling my patriotic mask pisses some people off, so that gives me some comfort.
i am not wearing one to walk my dog so they can bite me. i rarely come within 50' of anyone.

The problem I have with these mandates is that the whole mask effectiveness arguement is pseudoscience at best. There is nothing that definitively says that masks are effective against viral transmission. Furthermore there is nothing that proves that masks are even safe to use as far as the public is concerned.

A mask, especially the cloth type that I see around town is most likely filthy and constantly being touched and fiddled with. My hypothesis is they may well increase one's chance of becoming infected by having a vector for viral transmission directly on your face all day. The masks we use in healthcare are disposable and changed often, this is not what the public is doing.

So....

Other than that why?
Get off the Bear Pit, you're going to infect us all............ HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously though, tell us "how bad" it was and if you had "pre-existing" conditions. Or are you some younger super healthy person? I've been waiting for somebody here that actually has had it that's willing to tell us if it was unbelievably bad, flu bad, stomach virus bad (just kill me), or I've been on an airplane and I've got the shit that you get on an airplane bad. Since you're the only person I've been in contact (even though it's an internet site), I'm interested. I do hope you don't relapse or is all the testing now over since you had one "negative" test?

Thanks.

Been on vacation but was advised that masks are now mandatory at work. We must be protected from a virus so bad that you have to take a test to know you have it.

Now they have come out and said the sheriff's department is going to be issuing misdemeanor charges. But hey...it's okay to protest downtown, litter and shit, but in theory I cannot walk from my car to the grocery without a mask, outside???? Give me a break.

Reactions: gigamortis
Now they have come out and said the sheriff's department is going to be issuing misdemeanor charges. But hey...it's okay to protest downtown, litter and shit, but in theory I cannot walk from my car to the grocery without a mask, outside???? Give me a break.

Don't worry, they wont enforce anything unconstitutional.

Get off the Bear Pit, you're going to infect us all............ HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously though, tell us "how bad" it was and if you had "pre-existing" conditions. Or are you some younger super healthy person? I've been waiting for somebody here that actually has had it that's willing to tell us if it was unbelievably bad, flu bad, stomach virus bad (just kill me), or I've been on an airplane and I've got the shit that you get on an airplane bad. Since you're the only person I've been in contact (even though it's an internet site), I'm interested. I do hope you don't relapse or is all the testing now over since you had one "negative" test?

Thanks.

@BytorJr I tested positive for antibodies the last time I gave blood, so apparently I had it at some time. I couldn't tell you when because I literally had no symptoms that I was aware of. I'm pushing 50 and not in the kind of shape I was 20 years ago, but I'm reasonably healthy with no chronic problems (yet) and a little overweight. I'm not a young super-healthy dude, just your average middle aged guy and I never even knew I had it.

Those who don’t want to get sick should protect themselves.

End

Yep. Have said the same thing since the get-go. If you're susceptible to being sick have anybody in your family that's susceptible to being sick protect yourself or stay the fuk home.

I predict that when police start having to be called they'll start being more police killings.
Everyone is going to get the virus.

You idiots are making sure of that

Who gives a fuck... Must be God's will. Oops, I'm sorry I meant it must be the will of the lab that created it in the gloval economy controllers the forced its release

@BytorJr I tested positive for antibodies the last time I gave blood, so apparently I had it at some time. I couldn't tell you when because I literally had no symptoms that I was aware of. I'm pushing 50 and not in the kind of shape I was 20 years ago, but I'm reasonably healthy with no chronic problems (yet) and a little overweight. I'm not a young super-healthy dude, just your average middle aged guy and I never even knew I had it.
Even going back to the oct-nov time frame?

Even going back to the oct-nov time frame?

Yes, even going back that far. I can't remember the last time I had a fever or cough or anything like that. I just don't seem to get sick much at all. I end up taking all my sick days at work taking my kids to the doctor (and dentist, and orthodontist, etc).

Reactions: oneshot86
Got that t shirt.

Too sick to shoot, reload.
Every flue symptom exept the shits so never could figure out the toilet paper run.

Every bone in my body hurt bad.
Very hard to breath.

Lots of fluids and meds, got over it.

Was the worst flue ever in my 61 years.

You ever get so drunk it hurt to think?
It was like that for me, a month plus.

Dizy spells falling over.

No doubt can kill old people.

Others in the family had a couple days of mild flue or cold, grandkids too sick to play for 1-3 days and done.

Do whatever you want but stay away from old folks unless you just want to kill them.

Lets do some easy math, and we'll assume all deaths attributed to Covid were valid when we know that's not the case.

Even so:

130,000 / 328,000,000 = 0.00039%

Screw the masks and your feelings 🤷🏼‍♂️

Don't get me wrong, if you're worried, stay home. But it ends there. My wife might be at risk, has been staying home since it started. She's not insisting everyone else alter their lives so she can go wherever she wants.

Same rule applies. If you're an old timer and don't like what you see at Home Depot or Olive Garden or whatever... Leave.

Don't go Karen on the manager because the whole world isn't catering to you.

Last edited:
We are moving close to at least 8 months of this thing. Go look at the last couple of years data on flu cases and deaths.
This covid is not even close to a typical flu regarding cases and deaths.
I am calling bullshit on this whole deal.
This country is in deep trouble politically.
This is why I have guns and ammo.

Last edited: