• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

And it's Flu Season

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    Got sick last night , didn't sleep a farkin wink . So I got an early , like 3am hot shower . Saints be Praised , Luck of the Irish and all that stuff , twdaked my back in the shower . DaFug ? Went to work in agony til I surrendered . Now The fever and chills are tag teamin me . Feels like one of those moviea where the twelve foot muacle bound monster rips the guy in half at the waist . Cant2 wait for the overnight session .

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Got sick last night , didn't sleep a farkin wink . So I got an early , like 3am hot shower . Saints be Praised , Luck of the Irish and all that stuff , twdaked my back in the shower . DaFug ? Went to work in agony til I surrendered . Now The fever and chills are tag teamin me . Feels like one of those moviea where the twelve foot muacle bound monster rips the guy in half at the waist . Cant2 wait for the overnight session .

Try some TheraFlu. It helps (a bit, anyway.......)

Go get some meds from dx.

Or suffer for a week or more like I did.

1 or 2 bad symptoms per day on rotation , rins swish spit repeat.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    I can sympathize man! I had it about 3-4 weeks back. If you caught it early enough TamiFlu works wonders, just don’t go generic. Add in some cough syrup and some bourbon and you’ll be good to go but it’s going to be a rough 5 days lol. I think I’m going to take the shot from now on.

Chicken soup homade, on the salty side. Extra strong beef soup.
    Those ramon and cups made with broth instead of water.

Something about the extra stout broth
    Is satisfying if nothing else.

Leave the whiskey for when you can actually enjoy it.

Last time I had or thought I had the flu was about 13 years ago while working in South Korea.
    Went to the hospital and they gave me a shot, still don't know to this day what they gave me but it was some good shit.
    I tried going back to work but was fucked up like a lab rat so got a ride back to my apartment and spent the remainder of the day watching Korean soap box in a blissful daze.

I got it last spring, kinda late.
    tamiflu seemed to make my symptoms easier and go away faster.
    my temp maxed at 105.1....... momma was ok with giving it time to break but was ready to drive my stubborn ass to the hospital if it didnt in a reasonable time.

flu is a bugger. We are also seeing strange viral syndromes that are very flu-like and not flu.Not just on rapid tests, in lab too.

either way, rest up. Alternate tylenol and motrin as your health allows to keep fevers down (at least to help you sleep), I tend to let em ride during the day.
    lots of fluids and save the booze for when you feel better.

War movies and dry firing does a man good when he is sick

I must be very fortunate. I hear about this "flu season" thing every year. I have never had flu that I can remmeber and I've never had a flu shot that I can remember. So I'm actully quite fearful of the first time it hits me becuaese it will probably kill me with all the years worth of catching up. But I empithise with you and hope you kick that bug up the ass soon.

yep its flu season, going on 2 weeks myself
    Sorry to hear . I had it 2 years ago and I didn't know a human ould be that fuckin ill .
    Four straight days of soak the matress sweats with chills . Had to get in a cold shower a couple times to break the fever . The nights were pure fuckin torture , couldn't get warm and excrutiatngly painfull chills . I aint effin around this time . Tamiflu .

Got both the flu and shingles vaccine today. The new shingle vaccination is two part (get second shot after 2-6 months).
    Best of luck.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    A little warm water, some lemon and honey mixed with a little bourbon does wonders. Get well soon my man! Oh yeah and Tamiflu as I said earlier just make sure it’s not generic. And if they will give you some cough syrup take it.

I thing I’ve had an upper respiratory deal . Doc gave me doxycycline but I had this shit for 3 weeks. Seems like a lot of folks are sick though, all the area clinics busy as hell with 2 plus hours wait time.

I must be very fortunate. I hear about this "flu season" thing every year. I have never had flu that I can remmeber and I've never had a flu shot that I can remember. So I'm actully quite fearful of the first time it hits me becuaese it will probably kill me with all the years worth of catching up. But I empithise with you and hope you kick that bug up the ass soon.

I was like you until this year. Everyone in the family got it. I was the least affected, just powered through it and went to bed early.

Cant remember the last time I had the flu. Well got it 2.5 weeks ago and it was brutal. Worst I can remember being sick. Went to the Dr day 3 and said Tamiflu won't work unless you take it within 30hr of first symptoms. It was brutal. They said 2 nasty strains hitting right now and its peaking earlier than normal. I wish what I had on no man.

Well that sucks I'm past the 30hr mark.
    No Tamiflu for me.
    So far, it's been headache, sinuses (including some sneezing), a little coughing and occasional runny nose.
    Last year I was sick for like 8 days.

It better not hang around I have a deer/hog hunt starting on the 16th.

Well that sucks I'm past the 30hr mark.
    No Tamiflu for me.
    So far, it's been headache, sinuses (including some sneezing), a little coughing and occasional runny nose.
    Last year I was sick for like 8 days.

It better not hang around I have a deer/hog hunt starting on the 16th.

I couldnt get out of bed, eat, drink anything for 3 days. Full recovery was 5 days. Puking, fever, sore throat, nasty cough, felt like 10 guys beat me with metal pipes

Doctor says Yep, that's how you know you got the flu.but cant give you anything it's been more than 30hr... said take some Imodium for pee butt and keep sipping that broth. It was awesome

i felt like shit w the usual flu crap, then is receded, ya right, that sucker came back and hasnt let up.
    i went to bed early last night and got up late, tired and still sick all day.
    it will pass.
    for me, surprisingly, im hungry all the time, this strain of flu didnt effect my appetite
    hope you all feel better soon

Look for Zicam nasal swabs when you feel like you’re coming down with something. Seem to do the trick.

Get three half gallons of cheap vodka when you first get symptoms. You'll have a hell of a hangover but you'll be able to honestly say "I can't remember the last time I had the flu"

wife's a lab tech. the number of positive flu illness this week is large #'s here . said they missed the mark completely over here in NW. for the correct influenza strain in flu shot inoculation .
    Me.. next week or two, I trying to staying the hell out of large public grouping places, No downtown bar and new years party area's, No Walmart and the like . and taking the Vit. C & B . wash my Hands .

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Hope you boys get well soon.

Jesus, feel like I'm gonna get sick just seeing you guys on the web. Don't cough on the screen! And people wonder why I'm a hermit. Nasty ass disease spreading, no mouth covering, no hand washing sum bitches.

Old lady is a nurse. Said half the beds at the hospital (small) are filled up with flu.

Sister and her whole family are just getting over it after 2 weeks and they all got the shot.

How sick were you?

Today I was too sick to drop powder and seat bullets.
    A particular bad strain of flue this year

You should have gotten your flu shot.
    Oh you'd still have the flu, but then you wouldn't have to listen to a bunch of medical virtue signaling.

Been there. Hope you get well soon....course, if it's the real flu, you will have to ride it out for at least a week. Take care and don't let it go secondary into sinus infection and/or bronchitis. Fresh ginger, honey, and bourbon in equal parts after the fever slacks up. Nothing is gonna help with the actual virus.
    Get well my friend.

Get three half gallons of cheap vodka when you first get symptoms. You'll have a hell of a hangover but you'll be able to honestly say "I can't remember the last time I had the flu"
    Damn, son.
    If I drank that, police, fire company, AND national guard would be there.
    I'd be scratching my head for years wondering how I committed all the mayhem that I did

3DDEB7C4-4FF2-48CB-9ACE-DC45CCFA5E43.png

stay hydrated or perish!

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    ? tell me about it. Getting hounded to get a flu shot. Fuck that.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Been sneezing, freezing, burning up, sore throat and coughing up my lungs. Not fun.

Back in April I was on a By-Pass machine for 5 days and in the ICU for 39 days.
    I've been on Chemo for 6 months and the Flu would be a death sentence to me right now since my immunity is nonexistent.
    Nothing like becoming a germaphobe.
    In my prayers .

Reactions: Ravenworks
    That’s definitely the first time I’ve seen ECMO on snipers
    Back in April I was on a By-Pass machine for 5 days and in the ICU for 39 days.
    I've been on Chemo for 6 months and the Flu would be a death sentence to me right now since my immunity is nonexistent.
    Nothing like becoming a germaphobe.

Keep the faith man! Happy New Years!

Reactions: Ravenworks