• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

and so my black rifle builds begin

Bruiser_Joe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
Hell
i have plenty at work but these will be my first personal builds. nobody ever said i don't dive head first into something. this is what i picked up today

PC260104.jpg

with the help of some of my gunnersmate friends, should be fun. plan are

5.56 carbine
5.56 long gun (mk12'ish)
7.62 carbine
7.62 long gun (mk11'ish)

figure what better guns to model then the ones i have at work, only diference is i plan on goin piston with em, at least the 5.56 ones, from what i've heard there aren't a hole lot of options for 7.62 piston kits right now but somebody please point me in the way of a good one if you know of one, i see them on here so i assume someone has good feedback. from friends my ideas so far are noveski barrels, and giesselle (spelling?) triggers, other then that i'll see as i go. anyways just figured i would share, been really enjoying the site so far, just joined a couple weeks ago.

Re: and so my black rifle builds begin

oh and picking up the other lower in a week and a half.

Looks like fun......we expect pictures and updates throughout the build.
Then range reports.
I think that just about covers it.

Pop

Aparently you are from the school of thought, "if one is good, four is better." I like your style!

for sure, will be fun to actually be able to change stuff on these. god there is so many things i would change on my work guns, but of course triggers, stocks, etc are "red" parts. so stupid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aparently you are from the school of thought, "if one is good, four is better." I like your style! </div></div>

well i started with wanting to build a long gas gun... then i saw my buddies 416 so then i wanted a 5.56 carbine piston gun... then...then yeah it just went from there.

Looks like you'll be busy for a while. Should be a good time. Out of the three I built from kits and the lower I redid of my wifes it was fun. m4carbine.net and ar15.com both have good ar build resources. If you need specs or directions the TM's (technical manuals) are a good starting place. PM me if you have questions on them.

nice thank you everyone, more forums to frequent
laugh.gif

shoot i'll T and E them for ya
wink.gif
you guys need to make quadrails. i put more shit on my rails then most only cuz i can use stuff from work to play with.

if you guys were looking for nice ar10 uppers and lowers, i got these from JD machine tech, its their first run and these things are amazing looking, the CNC'ing is awesome it was cool seeing their shop. highly reccomend them. i'll definately post more as the build move on should be getting barrels, triggers, etc in the next couple months so they look more gun like, lol.

Those 308's look great. Where and how much? AR10 or DPMS?

Envy here... Have fun..

JD machine tech out of san diego they were 350 for the lowers and 250 for the uppers. REALLY nice pieces they have forward assists I can take better picks when i get home.

had a couple questions for you ar10 guys please excuse me if they are newbie questions besides my work MK11 i'm new to having a ar10 i can modify.

1. is there a reliable gas piston setup yet for the 7.62 guns? as i had heard the answer is no but i figured you guys would have experience with them if there was.

2. do you guys like 18" barrels? 20" shooting no can, with a break so if that makes a dif

plan on shooting starndard LR from work out to about 1k

i was just goin to get noveski barrels since i have shot a friends and it shot great, but if you guys know of ones that are better please let me know like i said experience with would be great. I have read others builds but reading a guys stats on his build are diferent then shooting reports etc.

anyways any help would be great...

flame away

Joe,

Looks like you and the gunners have some good old fun ahead of you in the near future lol.

PS: Spoke with PO1 Lopez...going to visit them soon.

Thanks

good i'm glad, i gave him your contact information. hopefully you guys can get the in. i will be calling you shortly as well to talk about a order
laugh.gif

sorry for the crappy pics, iphone

heading to GA shortly for barrel and test fire
photo4.jpg

the 5.56 guns (noveske SPR barrel, centurion arms hammer forged carbine barrel) should have the carbine about finished up tomarrow, well enough to dope in, adding a KX3 in a few weeks once i get back from this next trip. and need geiselle trigger for the SPR

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

still debating barrel length on this one. thinking 12.5, might do 14, 16 haven't quite decided yet.

daniel defense 12" rails goin on the long guns and 10" on the 5.56 carbine, don't know about the 7.62 carbine yet.

optics most likely to be

5.56 SPR- nightforce milspec 2-10x
5.56 carbine- aimpoint
7.62 carbine- S&B shortdot
7.62 long gun- nightforce milspec 3-15x

here it is people's centurion arms 12.5" hammer forged barrel, shooting report coming up. its a little miscolored right now but who gives a sh$%. LMT sopmod stock goin on shortly.

goin to verify the sub MOA claims monty puts out
laugh.gif

noname-1.jpg