• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

And Thank You for Your Service

With 'everything' that could be said regarding this, and there is a ton that could be said that we're all aware of, this just should have "never" happened. Ever. Having said that, he chose to bring a weapon into this tragic train wreck of events. Worst part is is yes, we can do better by 'them'. Seems we continue to choose not to at great cost and embarrassment.

Last edited:
@1J04 , I may be missing something, but he didn't "bring" a weapon to the events. This took place at his home, and how many here have weapons of one kind or another at their home?

Add to that, if something is amiss, how many people (in general) locate and/or utilize a weapon when 'something is up'?

I'm just throwing this out there.... stir it into the mix,,,, and see how that soup thickens.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
I'm going to go out on a limb here.
Officers responded to an armed, suicidal subject.
He was 84 years old and they were evicting him.
He is from a generation of folks that prided themselves on independence and taking care of oneself.
Sounds an awful lot like a recipe for suicide by cop.
It is very sad. Where was his family? Did they even know?

@1J04 , I may be missing something, but he didn't "bring" a weapon to the events. This took place at his home, and how many here have weapons of one kind or another at their home?

Add to that, if something is amiss, how many people (in general) locate and/or utilize a weapon when 'something is up'?

I'm just throwing this out there.... stir it into the mix,,,, and see how that soup thickens.

Read it again my friend. Then take a look at @fdkay response. I know what you're thinking, I do. But if it went down 'as reported', a self described unstable individual with a gun and 1A12 arrives, it's got the making of literally suicide by the Po Po. This is by far "not" the first rodeo of armed suicidal individuals calling Dispatch/911 to have the grim reaper sent. You say suicidal and firearm you've got everyone's attention. Believe that. How it all pans out? Case by case obviously, but it sure ain't in your favor right off the bat.

Nothing good comes outta irresponsible gun play.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
It is probably better if I keep my mouth shut. Very tragic for sure.

I think that it ended predictably and in a tragically formulaic manner. It's everything that happened before then that I'm on about. How many of them do we see in the morning, leaning over their coffee, with woes and pains, and untold stories. Soon we'll be seniors ourselves.

"responding to a suicidal call"..... My Bad.

That's what's in the media, so that must be what happened. Sad though, that an 84 year old Veteran with two support canines was being evicted. There's something wrong with that scenario, from the top.

@1J04 , thanks for directing the traffic there. Credit where credit is due.

And @Veer_G , some of ya'll might be seniors soon, but according to the innerwebz, there's a "live forever" potion just around the corner, so I won't have to worry about that dilemma anymore! :D

Reactions: 1J04